About Cw

3 replies to this topic

#1 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hello all.

First of all, I dont play CW. I understand it was created for groups/ units and seeing as Im not in one, I know CW isnt the place for me.

However, I cant help but feel Im missing out on part of the game.

Has there been any official communication about whether a dedicated PuG queue would be introduced in CW?
Do you think this is a good or bad idea?

I understand the need for an End Game mode for the long term players, but putting PuGgers up against a 12 man isnt going to give either group the "game experience" they're looking for. A separate queue seems like everyone wins?
Is it easily achievable? (I have no computer programming skills so I have no idea)

Has there been any official communication on whether or not the CW maps could be used in non CW games and vice versa? Resource is obviously an issue when creating new maps, so why not utilise what is already available?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Soultraxx, 17 February 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#2 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:46 AM

The idea of PUG specific participation in CW has been tossed around a bit on the forums, but PGI hasn't said anything about it as far as I know.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

Truth be told the game could benefit from a pug queue. However lets be honest: There simply isn't enough players waiting around for up to 30 minutes to get into a single match. One thing I noticed about joining as a group is the ball gets rolling like snap, snap, you're there.

Now if the game allowed "CW" as an option for Play Now, where when you're needed it could suck you right into it provided you already have established a faction and a drop deck, then instead of waiting to get into match it could pull you into one as the last person needed and slap you right into the fight. (I actually wouldn't mind being able to join a CW match mid-match).

Should the game try to match grouped numbers? I believe it should. For example if side A has 6 players in a group and 2 players in a group, then side B should get an 8 player group, or 6 and 2, or 4 and 4, or even 2, 2, 2, and 2.

Honestly I'm more afraid of mass commando teams (2 players each, not actual Commando mechs) working dynamically than a group of 8 with one goal in mind. A single group with one goal is easy to handle. A lot of people with different methods to get to the objective leave you with a lot of unpredictable results.

As far as the maps, since they weren't designed as such there isn't much to say about how they would work out. On a side note they would be good to use as 'Counter Attack' maps in theory. There were plans or more accurately mentions about wanting to go back and enhance older maps. Since using them in CW would require (due to how PGI does things) having an entirely separate file specifically for the CW versions, per game mode, it is very possible they will expand them for dedicated CW purposes if reused.

Here's a solid example: If Forest Colony was opened up and expanded so that the attackers are dropped out at sea and have a way to trek to get into the Colony, then occupying or destroying the colony buildings could be an objective, alongside capsizing the frigate.

Another example: River City. Landing at sea again, this time storming up with objectives such as disabling the frigate before it escapes, capturing or destroying the capitol building (That used to have the statues out front) and preventing the enemy from evacuating the city.

Canyon, disable the train. Pretty straight forward.

Mech Factory, disable or capture key production areas. Rather than "Dropping off" every single mech, have some defending mechs spawn right off the factory line.

Edited by Koniving, 17 February 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#4 FullMetalJackass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:50 AM

With today's patch(2/17) they are implementing voice comms so pugs should be able to better communicate and organize. I would recommend checking it out as the play is much better IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users