ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 February 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Anything wrong with wanting to boat LRMs on a very XL friendly, large engine capacity, 1 ton JJ equipping Assault mech that can also arm shield effectively--providing PGI gives it enough tube size per launcher? I know I would want it more than the Stalker.

Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

How the mighty have fallen...from being the premiere brawler/skirmisher mech to ..... a LRMLauncher on a pogostick. RIP, Vicotr, RIP....................... :(

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 February 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

How the mighty have fallen...from being the premiere brawler/skirmisher mech to ..... a LRMLauncher on a pogostick. RIP, Vicotr, RIP....................... :(

At ease, for it wont be the the first "brawler" IS Assault mech I rode with LRMs. The Highlander 773C and the Atlas-S had performed well enough, and the STK-5M is excellent. Now, once Victor's launchers' size is increased to 10-15... Muahahahaha. :D

Edited by El Bandito, 17 February 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#23 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 February 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

At ease, for it wont be the the first "brawler" IS Assault mech I rode with LRMs. The Highlander 773C and the Atlas-S had performed well enough, and the STK-5M is excellent. Now, once Victor's launchers' size is increased to 10-15... Muahahahaha. :D

Man, this is a shame. You dont have any buddies that can talk you outta those death traps? I see Bishop is trying to talk you off the ledge! lol

Friends dont let friends LRM/XL atlas....

My VTR-9S is still a damn good brawler or at least I still do well in it!

#24 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 17 February 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Man, this is a shame. You dont have any buddies that can talk you outta those death traps? I see Bishop is trying to talk you off the ledge! lol

Friends dont let friends LRM/XL atlas....

My VTR-9S is still a damn good brawler or at least I still do well in it!

When my XL LRM Atlas gets negative WLR and KDR, I'll think about it. Meanwhile I am raking in the C-Bills. ;)

#25 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 February 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

That's literally making it a pro-missile boat... when it overall build design screams brawler.

We have the Highlander for this anyways (although, that's a sad tale).

Then there's this mech called the "Awesome".

The upcoming Zeus is a missile boat of sorts... it shouldn't be competing with each other like this.

Only one Zeus has 3 missile points, low mounted on the arms. Gonna be nasty and tricky to get used to. That ain't a missile boat of any sort. None of the mechs are even close to a missile boat, which is a big failing IMHO. There should have been at least one missile variant per chassis or one class that was primarily missiles. Oh well... maybe we'll see that by next December in an IS mech.

Edited by Kjudoon, 17 February 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#26 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

every single clan mech can put on any size LRM launcher they want on any missile mount since their missiles stream out anyways, and i don't think any clan mech has a tube count any less than 10 so every missile mount can take a max SRM mount or LRM20 in it with no degradation in performance

yet the X-5/AWS-9M/VTR-9S actually have 2 tube missile mounts? that's a complete waste of a missile mount

#27 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 17 February 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Only one Zeus has 3 missile points, low mounted on the arms. Gonna be nasty and tricky to get used to. That ain't a missile boat of any sort. None of the mechs are even close to a missile boat, which is a big failing IMHO. There should have been at least one missile variant per chassis or one class that was primarily missiles. Oh well... maybe we'll see that by next December in an IS mech.

People will be using anything as a missile boat if it works.

I still see Atlas LRM boats... and I shouldn't have to tell people it's a bad idea.... but they keep doing it and the trial mech reinforces this just as well....

It is what it is.

#28 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

I wouldn't argue against buffing the missile tube sizes...

The tube configuration AT MINIMUM (IMO) should be 10, 6, 4.

I'm kinda weary about letting the 3rd tube slot be the perfect LRM5 spam complement, but moreso the SRM6 in the last slot for incredible/superior brawling. Right now, leaving the 2nd tube slot be an LRM5 complement and the 3rd tube slot to be an SRM2/SSRM2 complement is just outright bad.

If it was 10/6/4 for the VTR-9S that would be fine since that would still mean being able to fire 16 SRMs at once, which is plenty, though 10/6/6 would still be nice and personally I don't see much of a problem with LRM10 + 2x LRM5 on a Victor.

View PostKjudoon, on 17 February 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

15/10/6 if you absolutely must.

Nah, at most I would argue for 10/10/6, it doesn't need to be able to fire big LRM launchers without stream fire really.

Edited by Pjwned, 17 February 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#29 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 February 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

People will be using anything as a missile boat if it works.

I still see Atlas LRM boats... and I shouldn't have to tell people it's a bad idea.... but they keep doing it and the trial mech reinforces this just as well....

It is what it is.

I get what you are saying, but let's not arbitrarily block other peoples way to enjoy the game when it differs. I want to get an lrm atlas to work. So far no joy.

#30 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:43 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 February 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

IMO an LRM Victor would be perfect for its current design. Currently the Victor cannot brawl because of the many 100t's in games and cant handle the high alpha's of clan mechs. I'd rather have a faster assault LRM boat like a Victor than a slow one like a Stalker.

The buffing the Victor to ake it competitive would probably make it OP. Buffing JJ's would probably make other mechs OP. The chassis is in a rough spot. Either way, I'd rather have a 100t over any other assault.

#31 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:13 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 18 February 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

IMO an LRM Victor would be perfect for its current design. Currently the Victor cannot brawl because of the many 100t's in games and cant handle the high alpha's of clan mechs. I'd rather have a faster assault LRM boat like a Victor than a slow one like a Stalker.

This guy thinks out of the box. :)

Edited by El Bandito, 18 February 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#32 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,953 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Even the thought of seeing this in a game, makes me sad.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2cd1ec48942beb9
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2f007ec79a819e2

This looks like fun though.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...752e7c471bd790b

Edited by Mister D, 18 February 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#33 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 February 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

This guy thinks out of the box. :)

When I got that free Victor, all I wanted to try was LRMs on it but sadly you cant with the tube count. IMO, especially how I play, it would be a perfect assault LRM mech. Everytime I ran it, I was thinking "why am I brawling in this 80t mech when TBRs tank better and 100t's exists?"

The damn stalker LRM setups are nothing more than missile turret!

#34 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

Try this variant instead.

15 missiles in 2 volleys. None wasted due to AMS going after a single missile.
and 2 LLs and an SRM4 that fires in 2 volleys to say 'back off to those guys who get too close. If you're needing much more SRM ammo, you're WAY too close and are in deep trouble.

Your basic war loadout, 2 tons of LRM ammo over minimum, and a solid cooling ratio with speed and a pair of JJ to make you quickly able to reposition and get out of trouble.

Torso twist and even though you may lose your arms, you're still in the fight.

That right arm is just dead weight so it'll probably blow off first thing like the stem on an apple.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ae29bfebc2df8e5

Warning, when placing the missile launchers, you MUST watch your mechlab. Top gets the most tubes, bottom least. Do it wrong, and you got a mess.

Edited by Kjudoon, 18 February 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#35 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

The Victor has the same issue the summoner has. Needs that big engine to function properly which causes it to have the fire power of a medium.

#36 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 18 February 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

The Victor has the same issue the summoner has. Needs that big engine to function properly which causes it to have the fire power of a medium.

I can shove a XL 370 in there which makes it move at a very respectable pace for an assault mech and it still has over 50 "firepower" in close range, and of course it has more armor than a medium too.

Of course, that's if you're within 270m, but then if you want a skirmisher mech I imagine there are better choices with more quirks.

#37 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 February 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Aww, but this build is fuuun. :D

X-5 Wet Noodle
This is beautiful

But you should probably feel bad

#38 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostRampancyTW, on 18 February 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

This is beautiful

But you should probably feel bad

i couldn't find the orig X-5 post, but i tried that loadout on a test server a year ago - i very often lost lock halfway through firing since it took so long for the missiles to leave the tubes so a lot/most of the shot would end up wasted. worth a try though haha

Edited by JagdFlanker, 19 February 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#39 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostPjwned, on 18 February 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

I can shove a XL 370 in there which makes it move at a very respectable pace for an assault mech and it still has over 50 "firepower" in close range, and of course it has more armor than a medium too.
Of course, that's if you're within 270m, but then if you want a skirmisher mech I imagine there are better choices with more quirks.

And that is exactly what is wrong with the Victor. It's always been designed as a SRM/ballistics brawler but the pop-tart meta exploited JJ's. Now since JJ's suck, TBR's exist and three 100t chassis exist, the Victor is not worth taking.

Sadly I really think its a cool looking mech!

#40 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

I think we should have stuck with Missile tube counts, rather than have pretty much everything able to have 15-20 tubes.
It's a balancing thing that's gone away, being able to mount Launchers with more Missiles per volley than tubes tubes was fine, just make them volley fire in that instance.

We should also have chunkier ppcs, laser barrels, and all weapons the same size on all mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users