Resistance Faction Pack Choices

13 replies to this topic

#1 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

When do we get to select our Faction Pack choices?

Will we get Titles and Content today along with Panthers and Enforcers?

Does the "Faction Camo Spec for included 'mechs" apply to the 'R' models?

#2 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

Information would definitely be nice.

#3 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostXeren KelDar, on 17 February 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Information would definitely be nice.

Faction Content for Clan Wave II was injected i think when the MDD was injected. So it would make sense they would send it out with the first mechs.

But then again, they gave no warning. I found it on my own in the morning at work and told most of my unit once i saw them that night. PGI seems to like keeping us in the dark about it until people start making mistakes.

#4 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 17 February 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Faction Content for Clan Wave II was injected i think when the MDD was injected. So it would make sense they would send it out with the first mechs.

But then again, they gave no warning. I found it on my own in the morning at work and told most of my unit once i saw them that night. PGI seems to like keeping us in the dark about it until people start making mistakes.

Be nice to know how/when/where I can make the choices from my Fury pack though.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

1 month is the minimum wait.

So, please just wait patiently.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostXeren KelDar, on 17 February 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Be nice to know how/when/where I can make the choices from my Fury pack though.

Its done in from your Profile page here on the website. When it is time to choose, go to Your Profile and then click the CONTENT tab up top where STATS and all that is. This is how i did in for the Wave II stuff at least.

#7 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 17 February 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

When do we get to select our Faction Pack choices?

Will we get Titles and Content today along with Panthers and Enforcers?

thx for opening this thread. i was about to do the same. ;)

#8 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 17 February 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Its done in from your Profile page here on the website. When it is time to choose, go to Your Profile and then click the CONTENT tab up top where STATS and all that is. This is how i did in for the Wave II stuff at least.

Thanks for the info. This is my first mech pack so I no idea what the process was. Guess we just have to wait for them to eventually get around to adding in the choices now.

#9 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 17 February 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

At least this will be a big No, as no hero/special mech can change camo, just colors (founder/phoenix/invasion/loyality).

#10 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

View Post627, on 17 February 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

At least this will be a big No, as no hero/special mech can change camo, just colors (founder/phoenix/invasion/loyality).

You may be right, but on my Packages and Preorders page, the pack is said to include "Faction Camo Spec For Included Mechs" ... and the concept art shows all the Resistance Mechs in House colors, not in the 'Resistance Skin' that they sprung on us last week. Personally, I bought 'mechs in House colors, not a 'Resistance' skin, which is listed nowhere in the purchase.

#11 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

The page that advertised these packages didn't say anything about a delay between receiving the mechs and receiving the faction packs.

I want my warhorns...
I want my paint patterns...
I want my Rasalhague Orange, suckas.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 17 February 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#12 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 17 February 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

You may be right, but on my Packages and Preorders page, the pack is said to include "Faction Camo Spec For Included Mechs" ... and the concept art shows all the Resistance Mechs in House colors, not in the 'Resistance Skin' that they sprung on us last week. Personally, I bought 'mechs in House colors, not a 'Resistance' skin, which is listed nowhere in the purchase.

Quoted from the FAQ:

Q: What is special about Resistance ‘Mechs?
A: These are special variants of the ‘Mechs with a unique camo and geometry, as well as a 30% reward bonus.

Also it has been that way for literally every preorder package they've released. The +30% c-bill bonus variant includes unique camo and geometry. They've already stated the Clan Invasion variants will be allowed to use the clan faction patterns eventually, but due to the unique geometry they take extra work and thus are delayed behind the standard variant camos since standard variants can be purchased by anyone and thus are the more pressing concern. It's entirely likely the Resistance variants will also be allowed to use the Inner Sphere faction camo patterns but it's likely to lag behind the standard variants as well.

View PostDarthRevis, on 17 February 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Faction Content for Clan Wave II was injected with the Gargoyle, the very last mech in the package. Likewise the package premium time, titles, and badges were injected at the same time. Since that was the only package before the Resistance package to be released in segments rather than one lump injection, it's the only precedent we have, so it's easy to assume the Resistance package's faction content will come with the Zeus and Grasshopper since they will be the last mechs released.

Edited by Risko Vinsheen, 17 February 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#13 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

What kind of needless, arbitrary rule is this 'last mech injection' business anyway? It's colors and cockpit items, that doesn't/shouldn't take long to get out there.

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

View Postuebersoldat, on 17 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

What kind of needless, arbitrary rule is this 'last mech injection' business anyway? It's colors and cockpit items, that doesn't/shouldn't take long to get out there.

If I'd hazard a guess, it has everything to do with refunds and support. That's pretty much it. If you decide you don't want it, the last backout date is around the time the entire pack release is completed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users