Gameplay

12 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

I thought there was a separate listing for when it gets used in a match. I NARC targets but never see anything end of match.
Here is a sample of one game, I usually get 2+ opponents.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

I thought it was only when u get a kill with narc on?

#3 Lugin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

I've only seen the reward "Narc kill" trigger when a narced mech dies to LRMs.

#4 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

Yep. Bonus only triggers when a 'Mech dies to LRMs while NARC is active.

It's still a moment of pleasure when your opponent is stomping around all sneaky-like...and the beacon is showing everyone where he went anway. Even without LRMs incoming, it's a spotter's best friend with Enhanced NARC, as for the duration, he's getting the drop on nobody.

#5 Nayru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

TAG ought to have a lingering effect and NARC ought to give the same spotting/damage/assist bonuses as TAG, would go a long way towards making more TAG+NARC scout owners like myself come out of hibernation.

NARC doesn't even need LRMs to be useful, seeing as it can knock out an enemy's ECM for nearly half a minute, and track them in the mean time.

Would be nice.

#6 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Yeah they totally dropped any rewards for damage dealt while a target is NARCed to the delivery boy.

You only get a 6000 CBill bonus "IF" the narced target died with that last point of damage being dealt by LRM, which is as good as not having any bonus at all, for how often you actually receive that reward.

#7 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

The narc reward was a joke. Or it is now. One of the two.

#8 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

I tried to make myself use narc lots of times, but i fail to see any positive results. I always end up swapping it for srm6.
PGI should really think how to reward things like TAGing, NARCing and maybe ECMing your teammates. Until then, its MLAS + SRM6 over those disappointments.

#9 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

I carry narc, and will continue to carry it on my scout/support mechs.
Even without the bonus, its the single best piece of information warfare equipment you can carry.

Its not always about LRMS, but the advantage of giving your teamates a heads up and giving them First strike because they know where they are 100% is worth the 3.5-5 tons.

Edited by Mister D, 18 March 2015 - 12:46 AM.

#10 Nayru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

Having any confirmed LRM users (not necessarily boats) in a unit and dropping with them upgrades the significance of TAG/NARC pretty significantly, but NARC still isn't going to give you jack unfortunately.

The super scout gets little.

Regardless, I think it'd be nice if other people would respond properly when I go 'LRM check!'.

At least, for those in my unit exposed to it, it means 'state your quantity of LRMs, whether you have artemis or not, and if you bring your own TAG or NARC', with bonus points for those who can give ammo/shot counts as well.

So, for example, I LRM check, and alternate me in a funky stalker goes.. 'ALRM60, TAG, 1000+', or whatnot.

This is actually useful information for potential spotters to know.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

i thinks simply using narc should get you some kind of bonus when it hits. even if your team decides to not lerm it to death, you are still revealing its position. same goes for tag. tag would pay proportionally to the amount of time the target remains tagged. electronic warfare bonuses are just too weak and make me replace those with real weapons.

#12 Lugin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Ran a game earlier today, narced a few mechs, and murdered one of them with SSRMs. Got the "Narc Kill" reward.

So it may just be that it has to die to missiles. Still underwhelming though.

#13 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

I bet it also gives you a bonus, if the target dies to his own team careless srm fire too. This is huge :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users