11 replies to this topic

#1 Race Rogers

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKurita Dropship in Low Orbit

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:03 AM

, former new guy here. been playing for about 2 months since coming back [staying with it now since the changes]. still need to stop the damm tunnel vision :)

How does one get this voip working? [buying a headset in a few days since i have friends now to drop with] I can hear some talk but i cannot find how to use it anywhere, maybe someone can point me to the faq or just tell me i'm a noob and here is what you do.

i know one thing though, either they changed the elo or the other team always has everyone using the in-game viop LOL its like dropping with premade group now haha!

thanks for anyone who replies..

Race

Edited by Race Rogers, 18 February 2015 - 06:04 AM.

#2 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

It´s a Push-to-talk-system. If i recall correctly Caps Lock is the default button for it. Have fun using it. See you on the battlefield!

#3 Race Rogers

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKurita Dropship in Low Orbit

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostBeaverOnFire, on 18 February 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

It´s a Push-to-talk-system. If i recall correctly Caps Lock is the default button for it. Have fun using it. See you on the battlefield!

okie, thanks! i was wondering why some players seem to have their caps on when team text pops up. cheers!

#4 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

View PostRace Rogers, on 18 February 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

How does one get this voip working? [buying a headset in a few days since i have friends now to drop with] I can hear some talk but i cannot find how to use it anywhere, maybe someone can point me to the faq or just tell me i'm a noob and here is what you do.

After patching, go into settings, check the "enable VOIP" box, select your audio device from the drop-down menu, crank up the volume (default is quite low) and start playing.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

It should be on by default but you may still need to mess around with your mic and audio settings

#6 Murcheson

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

I'm also new to the in-game VOIP - by push to talk, you mean turning the mic on and off to talk, like the button on a old CB radio?

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostMurcheson, on 19 February 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

I'm also new to the in-game VOIP - by push to talk, you mean turning the mic on and off to talk, like the button on a old CB radio?

Correct, and the default keystroke is the CAPS LOCK. Press to talk, release when finished.

#8 Murcheson

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:19 PM

Thanks!

#9 rctechnologies

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

Same thing for me, we have taken a few months break and now were back. Were also super jazzed about all the new changes and additions. Anyways, someone told me that the MWO voip also transmits to all the players in the match and NOT just your team. Could someone clarify?

Thanks in advance

Edited by rctechnologies, 28 December 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#10 Scifi Toughguy

• PipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:58 AM

View Postrctechnologies, on 28 December 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Same thing for me, we have taken a few months break and now were back. Were also super jazzed about all the new changes and additions. Anyways, someone told me that the MWO voip also transmits to all the players in the match and NOT just your team. Could someone clarify?

Thanks in advance

Not in my experience.

#11 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

View Postrctechnologies, on 28 December 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Thanks in advance

They lied to you. VOIP is simply audible teamchat.

#12 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

Tip that I was told early one was to remap push-to-talk to the left side ALT key.. puts comms right where my thumb rests and makes it really easy to talk (my pinky just isn't flexible to hit caps lock while driving ;) )

Never heard of voip being global, my understanding is it's your team channel. What I don't know is if there is a way similar to typing that allow you to switch between team and global... hmmmm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users