1 reply to this topic

#1 Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:18 AM

Title says it.

as of this moment. including what can only be bought with real money we have a whooping 205 mechs available, spread among 46 chassis. with another 9 mechs on 3 chassis confirmed.

if i remember correct, you were stating once you were thinking about changing the way you master mechs away from the "3 chassis needed" idea. but right now it's still here.

with the 4 mechbays you start with you can only master 2 chassis (assuming you keep one mech of the chassis you just mastered). so not even 1 chassis per weightclass. and if you were to just buy 4 different mechs, you were only able to collect 1,95% of all mechs.

so, to do something good for new players, and in my opinion what this games needs the most is more players to survive/prosper, is to increase the amount of mechbays you start with.

with 6 mechbays you could master 4 chassis, one of each weightclass for example. a flat double up to 8 mechbays would also be in line.

this is not an attempt to get more bays from you. as for me, i would not care if existing accounts were not to benefit from it and only accounts that get created after the change get the extra bays.

this is an attempt to get more players into the game by making it more accessible.
because even though you claim MW:O to be free to play and you regularly give out Mechbays as part of events it still feels like buying more bays is mandatory to collect the mechs you want/need. which would mean that it is not truly F2P anymore.

Edited by Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa, 18 February 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

I don't think so.

look currently for a true newbie it takes quite a lot time to get used to the game, and C-bill earnings are quite low. So he will mostlikely not fill those 4 bays that fast. And if he does he should have enough experience to CW and earn the first faction ranks to get further mechbays form the CW.

because don' forget, CW now grants you Mechbways 4 free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users