3 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

We know by the silhouette alone what's coming by way of Assault. The others, pure speculation at this point till Russ reveals whats coming in the next pack.

Here's what I believe will be the variants:

Prime is a given. Gauss Rifle w/ 2 tons ammo, all in the Left Arm while the Right has 2 ER Lg Lasers. 2 machine guns and a ton of ammo are affixed to the Right Torso. In short, this variant has enough by way of hard points: 2 Energy (RA); 2 Ballistic (RT); and 1 Ballistic (LA)

Any assorted array of weapons can be utilized with this variant without changing a single OmniPod. One could do the following: 2 ER Medium Lasers (RA); 2 UAC/5 (RT) with 3 tons ammo; and remove the Gauss in favor of another UAC/5, or a UAC/2. The choice reside with you the player.

A variant brings something by way of 4 ER Medium Lasers (RA); 2 Machine guns and ammo remain in the RT; and a pair of Large Pulse on LA. Next to the Prime, I believe this make the cut into the game, and augment the venerable Gargoyle we have now. In tandem with this loadout with the GAR-A and C variant, this will make any light `Mech pilot think twice of coming closer. Even Firestarters will give this a wide berth. My advice, change nothing on this variant; keep it as is, or switch it for 2 ER Large Lasers. Either way, Light `Mechs, be ware!

B variant has all the fixings. ER PPC in the RA and UAC/20 in the LA, and a lone ER Medium Laser in the RT with the only AMS of all the variants in the game. I believe this will make the cut. Namely due to the AMS. Not much in the way of HP: 1 to each arm with AMS HP and Energy in the RT.

C variant is the B variant made over with Missiles and an Autocannon, but with the energy HP switched over to the Left Torso instead of the Right. If anything, this variant will be released in the Gift Shop at a later date and time. When, and if, is anyone's guess. Like the B variant, not much in the way of hard points. 1 to each arm and 1 Energy in the Left Torso.

The dreaded D variant will make any Laser Boater happy. No less than 9 Pulse Lasers (Large, Medium, and Small) cover the whole right side of the Mech, 7 in the RA and 2 in the RT. While twin SRM 6s take over the Left Arm with three tons ammo to sustain both. Like the C variant, it too has an ER Small Laser in the Left Torso. Which in my opinion, makes the C variant very unlikely of ever coming game, via pack or gift shop.

This variant alone is already got every mouth in the game salivating. And it has me, for one, wanting this `Mech even more, not mention possibly Coffinail and a few other Ghost Bear players hitting their knees praying to the `Mech Gods, saying, "Give us this `Mech!"

So here's my call:

Prime
A
D

Gift shop:

B

Edited by Hawk819, 18 February 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Well I hate to rain on the parade but if you did 2 CERMLS + 2 CUAC5s + 1 CUAC2, you would ony get 4 tons of ammo total with max armor. Which sadly isnt enough to last even half a match. There are still plenty of other cool things it can do though, like bring MASC INTO THE GAME!!! FINALLY!!!!!

Just checked Sarna, and with speed tweak it wll be the only 90+ KPH assult, and should top out around 95 KPH... in a 95 toner! I'm gonna lose my mind...

Edited by DONTOR, 18 February 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#3 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 18 February 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Well I hate to rain on the parade but if you did 2 CERMLS + 2 CUAC5s + 1 CUAC2, you would ony get 4 tons of ammo total with max armor. Which sadly isnt enough to last even half a match. There are still plenty of other cool things it can do though, like bring MASC INTO THE GAME!!! FINALLY!!!!!

Just checked Sarna, and with speed tweak it wll be the only 90+ KPH assult, and should top out around 95 KPH... in a 95 toner! I'm gonna lose my mind...

Afraid not, if the way the engine works carries over to MASC, it's looking to be 81kph with MASC, which is Gargle's default speed and 89 with speed tweak, Gargle's Speed tweaked speed.
I'm all for 86/95kph MASC however!

#4 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

We know the Variants, A, B, Prime and D.

All variants released on the same day for their MC and c-bill dates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users