Building On Voip

3 replies to this topic

#1 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:34 PM

VOIP is an incredible edition to the game. I dare say this is the best update since double heatsinks. However, there are some improvements that could be made to VOIP.

1) The most obvious, improve the codec quality.
Not only does the current quality make it hard to distinguish voices, but it muffles words from "Have a warhawk at B4" to "I've had hemorrhoids before"

2) Change the notifications
As it stands, voice notifications are bellow minimap-- which is completely out of the way from text chat and annoying to look down to as opposed to the chat area. I propose not only moving the chat bubbles bellow the text chatbox, but adding in info like their mech and coords. Also, have the bubble fade away 2 seconds after someone is done talking, not immediately.

3) Muting notifications
I'd try to get flat out VOIP disabling removed, but I guarantee most of you wouldn't agree. Instead, I say 2 things.
1 - Enable a marker next to people who have VOIP disabled.
Reason being, I'd like to not only know who I have to type to because they can't hear me, but also I'd like to try and convince some people that, if only for the one match, they should enable VOIP.
2 - Make a notification for if you muted you and who did it.
Again, I'd like to make an appeal to the automuters ingame.

That's all, for now!
May your heatsinks run cool and your ammo bins be full.

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

removing the mute all together would mean I would just mute the entire game which wouldn't be fair to punish those that don't want voip to began with and there are more of us than you think.
also I make sure to state that I don't have voip at the start of every battle.

I would also rather NOT see the chat bubbles as they would just be distracting and defeat the reason behind muting the voip to began with and besides why need chat bubbles when you can hear them?.

I say leave as if as many HATE AND DESPISE voip and to shove it down their throats is stupid and wrong. .
and don't you dare give me that same tired argument which doesn't even touch on any real way to solve their problem other than 'just mute those who are what ever' because it is crap and makes it harder to play if one has to keep muting many players when doing it in one quick click makes it easier and keeps the flow of the game instead making the ones mutting the player to stop and putting them in harms way.

To be honest the voip program should have had an opt out download option removing the headache all together or use an Independent program that others would have been downloaded by those that wanted voip.

if anything they should offer an uninstall option for voip from those who don't want it and would solve this problem all together.

Edited by VinJade, 19 February 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#3 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostVinJade, on 19 February 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

removing the mute all together would mean I would just mute the entire game which wouldn't be fair.
also I make sure to state that I don't have voip at the start of every battle.

I would also rather NOT see the chat bubbles as they would just be distracting and defeat the reason behind muting the voip to began with.

I say leave as if as many HATE AND DESPISE voip and to shove it down their throats is stupid and wrong. .

You muted VOIP to not see chat bubbles?
One would think its because of the sound.

Then keep the notifications down low for people with it disabled, and move it for people who do have it enabled. Simple as that.

#4 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

I figured it would have been a given that I was talking about everything.
but I guess I should have made that clear and I will do so in the future.

"Then keep the notifications down low for people with it disabled, and move it for people who do have it enabled. Simple as that."

for a change I can actually agree with you on something when it comes to voip.

one more thing the team also stated in their notes that for those using low end Systems to turn off the voip to help keep their game stable.

I still say they should allow us to uninstall the voip software should we not want it(I have a newer PC so it has nothing to do with that) not to mention that it should not be on by default and blocking players should be for good unless unchecked by the player..

Edited by VinJade, 20 February 2015 - 11:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users