2 replies to this topic

#1 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:06 PM

<B>

To a job well done. CW has been a pleasure to be a part of since you marshalled our forces, gave us the structure and organisation to compete as one, and instilled pride in our capabilities. It's very telling how effective we have become with what we have and the comparison to where we were in the first month of CW to where we are now is like night and day.

Arigato and keep up the great work.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 19 February 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#2 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:35 AM

Keep in mind that our success didn't initially come from winning. It came from having the crap kicked out of us for about a month and, in our darkest hour (which for me was sometime between "Luthien has been completely encircled" and "Luthien is surrounded by a three planet ring of smoke jag territory") we decided that we might not ever get a real "win" we would be damm sure that we didn't just hand over our beloved red dots. We've been riding high and hitting hard for the past few weeks and that's fantastic. But I can feel us starting to stall out on the front lines. House Davion is also in a similar position to where we were in December, being our favorite punching bag has sapped their morale and demolished their fair-weather fanbase and now they have a handful of hard core loyalists (AW and RRB come to mind) doing everything in their power to get themselves and their new recruits up to speed. Am I saying this to be a pessimist? Of course not, because I know the my fellow Kurita pilots are as in it to win it as I am. Never mind if the planet we drop on in in our hands at the end of the day or not. I hear that several of our main units (9SD, NS) have been giving special attention to a sizable influx of new recruits and even groups that don't have competitive play as their main focus (ARKAB) have stepped up their game. I get the feeling that we are in for some extremely tough fights in the near future, and I look forward to fighting alongside all of you.

Man I went from grim to sappy in no time at all didn't I.

#3 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostIDG, on 20 February 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

Keep in mind that our success didn't initially come from winning. It came from having the crap kicked out of us for about a month ...

A fine blade can only be forged through fire and a hammer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users