711 replies to this topic

#101 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostAncient Demise, on 20 February 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

Okay, spending money on these packs is our choice and I am fine with that but why are we not getting balanced pricing on this pack?

-C-bills (and by extension MC) are and always have been arbitrary to pre-order pack costs since every mech cost the same within those packs
-People who bought Wave I and II will also likely buy Wave III so refusing to fix pricing because of that is just silly.
-Clan tech and IS tech is, is intended to be, or will be, balanced so that cannot be the reason.
-If it is because you know people will buy it and you want more money just make future IS packs cost the same. (start angry replies to me now)

Or, just simply say "We realized there was a mistake in our pricing and all pre-order content will cost the same regardless of the tech base." and make everyone happy. No more angry clan-pack buyers, more sales because of the decreased price point, you get to look like nice reasonable guys, and profit!

PGI shouldn't be crucified for putting up the price tag if people are willing to pay that price for the goods. If someone wants to pay 500$ for a Hockey/Football/Soccer/Baseball/Whatever tickets that is their own business. People can complain all they want at Ticketmaster for putting them up at that price but the reality is that someone is willing (and does) pay that price because they are an avid fan of [insert game]. This is no different to that example.

The beautiful part of this case here in MWO, to bring it back is the same as the [insert game] example. Don't want to pay the big bucks? Then wait for them to come out for either MC or cbills; whichever fits your fancy. Just like if you don't want to buy the premium seats then you can always watch it on TV for free.

#102 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 20 February 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

Hell at this point I am just SO happy to see anything new that isnt mechs or maps, they are still welcome yes but Id rather new tech/modules/weapons.

I shall forever remember you beautiful concept art </3
Posted Image

#neverforget

#103 Vilrein

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

Just curious. If I buy the lowest tier package before feb 28th to get the early adopter bonus, and then upgrade to the highest tier after feb 28th, will I still qualify for the top tier early adopter bonus of the 4 extra mechs, or just the lowest tier's 1 mech.

#104 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

ahh... damn... there goes another 157$ CAD..... (wish i could buy wave 3 with canadian $)

Also,... PGI... when clan wave 2 mechs gonna get their quirks

Edit:
What the hell.... i'm FRR... :o

Edited by Navid A1, 20 February 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#105 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostZerroth, on 20 February 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Just curious. If I buy the lowest tier package before feb 28th to get the early adopter bonus, and then upgrade to the highest tier after feb 28th, will I still qualify for the top tier early adopter bonus of the 4 extra mechs, or just the lowest tier's 1 mech.

Two pages back

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 February 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

Purchases and upgrades need to be performed before the February 28th deadline in order to receive the Early Adopter bonus.

So upgrading an existing Collection after the deadline will unfortunately not qualify.

That being said, the Early Adopter Variants will be made available for purchase in-game with MC and C-Bills on the same dates as the standard Variants.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 20 February 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#106 Vilrein

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 20 February 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Two pages back

My bad, I must have missed that when I skimmed over. Thanks for pointing it out.

#107 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostZerroth, on 20 February 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Just the lowest or whatever u paid for by the deadline

#108 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostZerroth, on 20 February 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

My bad, I must have missed that when I skimmed over. Thanks for pointing it out.

No worries, mate.
I fully expect that question (and other similar) to be asked about every other page. :lol:

Some do not see it answered (a problem I have, myself, sometimes) some just do not read.

Either way, it is gonna get asked. :rolleyes:

#109 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostOvion, on 20 February 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

No one is making you spend anything.

I played for a good 6 months before putting down anything.
In that time I got 5-6 mechs, plus played several trials.
I then bought a bit of MC, got more Mechbays and couple of sale colours.
That lasted me ages, I expanded to 20+ mechs.

Then a friend bought me a little more MC for my birthday, which went on more mechbays, and I think that was when I bought my first hero or two (half price sale).
Actually, I think basically everything I'd bought at that point was in half price sales.

Then up to the point my job became full time and I no longer had time to earn mechs the long way, but had the money to just enjoy them once I had em - I expanded to owning mastery sets (3 variants) of every single light mech, a few mediums, several heavies and 2-3 Assaults (including an Atlas), with around 4000MC on colours and hero mechs, and the rest in mechbays with a little left over.
I put in $15-20, my friend put in much the same, so on my own it would be $30-40 (though could easily do it on the $15-20 if you just buy mechbay off it)

And that netted me dozens of hours of play time, a good 80-100 hours at that point I think.
Even without, I still got a lot of time for nothing, and it's even easier to do it now - triple the number of Trial Mechs, ability to earn bays, regular giveaways / challenges, etc.

The only reason I switched to buying is suddenly, I had plenty of money and minimal time, so my free time was precious.

And here's the big part, the TL;DR -
You don't have to pay a penny if you don't want to.
Ever.
It's Pay for Convenience.
It's all available for free (except Hero Mechs and cockpit items, and even those you can earn for nothing through MC challenges).

How dare these people want to pay the bills and feed their families after all.

Can I like this an additional 100 times? is that possible?

#110 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 20 February 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

And yet it IS what your question is about.
Unless I am reading you wrong.

Camo works in two ways
Either full chassis unlock permanently (for any variants you now own or ever will own)
Temp Unlock (one individual chassis until you change it)

All camo from the packs has always been the full chassis unlock
So unless PGI says otherwise it is safe to assume that the faction camo will be the same

Phoenix camo was - and from what I have seen the other Clan Camo was as well

So the faction camo should cover the bonus variants.

Well I just want to point out that no c-bill bonus variant can put any camo on it, be it faction camo or any other camo.

Somehow this is how PGI likes to treat the paying customers - no camo for them!

#111 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

I want to put this out there:

Not having seen even the art yet, I know it is early BUT
That Ebon Jaguar shadow, it is too tall! Please PGI, let the art/model crews look at the Mechwarrior 3 model, and note how short and long it is, without being too wide. That directly translates to the toughness the Ebon Jaguar is supposed to have in lore, in the way scaling/hitbox works in MWO.

The shadow, it looks like you guys are trying to reuse legs from a TBR, or a catapult even. Don;t do it! This mech has a STRONG following of fans, please don't make a too tall Jones version that cheeses them all off. I know timelines get pushed etc, but think of it this way:
If you reuse existing frames for this mech, you will end up with a sub par model. If you make a new custom frame, you will then also get a nice starting point for a Supernova, which lots of players also want, and which shares a low slung, long but not wide frame(though bigger overall of course). Why take a shortcut now that will have mediocre results, when you can do it right and create a shortcut down the road with much better results?

Know what else is low slung and longer and narrow? Bushwacker!! maybe it isnt coming for a while. but why not lay the groundwork now?

Again, without actually seeing the thing this is speculation of course, but I assure you, a tall, husky looking Cauldron Born will lead to dissapointment. It needs to look low slung and tough and sexy. An Ebon jaguar perched precariously atop some Timberwolf legs gives me the shivers.

#112 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostRyoken, on 20 February 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Well I just want to point out that no c-bill bonus variant can put any camo on it, be it faction camo or any other camo.

Which Cbill variants?

The primes?

No special geometry mech gets any paint-scheme changes
So if those are what you are referring to - then no.
Those will not get the faction camo either (again - par for course)

PGI workers have several times said that it is in the plans for them to eventually get access to them
(In which case I would only assume retro-actively - if only because of how camo unlocks work)
But also that it would not be any time soon.

I am still confused as to why you are even asking this (assuming I am finally reading you right) as this has been talked about several times already (if not in this thread - every time a new package has been announced!)

#113 Froschkoenig

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostEldagore, on 20 February 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

I want to put this out there:

Not having seen even the art yet, I know it is early BUT
That Ebon Jaguar shadow, it is too tall! Please PGI, let the art/model crews look at the Mechwarrior 3 model, and note how short and long it is, without being too wide. That directly translates to the toughness the Ebon Jaguar is supposed to have in lore, in the way scaling/hitbox works in MWO.

The shadow, it looks like you guys are trying to reuse legs from a TBR, or a catapult even. Don;t do it! This mech has a STRONG following of fans, please don't make a too tall Jones version that cheeses them all off. I know timelines get pushed etc, but think of it this way:
If you reuse existing frames for this mech, you will end up with a sub par model. If you make a new custom frame, you will then also get a nice starting point for a Supernova, which lots of players also want, and which shares a low slung, long but not wide frame(though bigger overall of course). Why take a shortcut now that will have mediocre results, when you can do it right and create a shortcut down the road with much better results?

Know what else is low slung and longer and narrow? Bushwacker!! maybe it isnt coming for a while. but why not lay the groundwork now?

Again, without actually seeing the thing this is speculation of course, but I assure you, a tall, husky looking Cauldron Born will lead to dissapointment. It needs to look low slung and tough and sexy. An Ebon jaguar perched precariously atop some Timberwolf legs gives me the shivers.

I gotta echo this guy. While I'm sure it'll be drop-dead gorgeous, part of the reason I love the Cauldron-Born is how low it is. It gives the mech a sleek, aggressive look. At the moment, the CB's shadow looks too tall. It could be my eyes failing me, but that's how it looks.

#114 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

8 days notice to fork out $120 to get the extra mechs. You guys are $#@$ing mad! Some people work for a living. I've purchased every pack so far from you guys but this takes the cake. 8 measly days notice really? pfft Money grabbing is all you guys have turned to.

#115 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

View PostErrodien, on 20 February 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

Okay, spending money on these packs is our choice and I am fine with that but why are we not getting balanced pricing on this pack?

-C-bills (and by extension MC) are and always have been arbitrary to pre-order pack costs since every mech cost the same within those packs
-People who bought Wave I and II will also likely buy Wave III so refusing to fix pricing because of that is just silly.
-Clan tech and IS tech is, is intended to be, or will be, balanced so that cannot be the reason.
-If it is because you know people will buy it and you want more money just make future IS packs cost the same. (start angry replies to me now)

Or, just simply say "We realized there was a mistake in our pricing and all pre-order content will cost the same regardless of the tech base." and make everyone happy. No more angry clan-pack buyers, more sales because of the decreased price point, you get to look like nice reasonable guys, and profit!

PGI shouldn't be crucified for putting up the price tag if people are willing to pay that price for the goods. If someone wants to pay 500$ for a Hockey/Football/Soccer/Baseball/Whatever tickets that is their own business. People can complain all they want at Ticketmaster for putting them up at that price but the reality is that someone is willing (and does) pay that price because they are an avid fan of [insert game]. This is no different to that example.

The beautiful part of this case here in MWO, to bring it back is the same as the [insert game] example. Don't want to pay the big bucks? Then wait for them to come out for either MC or cbills; whichever fits your fancy. Just like if you don't want to buy the premium seats then you can always watch it on TV for free.

In general you are correct, but I am not arguing free/paid and I say as much in my first sentence. This is akin to one team being charged $500 for a ticket and then another team's fans being charged $750 by the same source (ex ticketmaster) simply because they are different teams.

People will buy the goods no matter what side they come from (IS/Clan) or how much it costs. I am simply asking why they cannot charge both the same.

If you want to arbitrarily pay more how about we have a "throw money" option where you pay a premium cost for no additional content. Then those who want to can pay a standard price for any IS or Clan mech pack

#116 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

don't know about the face on the executioner.... don't know if I like it or dislike it. but I think it can grow on me.

#117 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

View PostAncient Demise, on 20 February 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

In general you are correct, but I am not arguing free/paid and I say as much in my first sentence. This is akin to one team being charged $500 for a ticket and then another team's fans being charged $750 by the same source (ex ticketmaster) simply because they are different teams.

You DO realize that clan tech is more expensive because it already comes with most (read ALL) of the expensive work (read DHS, XL, and endo/ferro when applicable) already payed for?

You DO realize that it is not - as you keep claiming - just because they can?

Guess what!

EVERY mech that comes with upgrades costs more!
(Exception - the CTF-3D(C) but even that falls within the standard (C) pricing method)

Following your logic I should be throwing a fit that the CN9-D costs more Cbills/MC than the CN9-A and CN9-AL!

#118 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 20 February 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

You DO realize that clan tech is more expensive because it already comes with most (read ALL) of the expensive work (read DHS, XL, and endo/ferro when applicable) already payed for?

You DO realize that it is not - as you keep claiming - just because they can?

Guess what!

EVERY mech that comes with upgrades costs more!
(Exception - the CTF-3D(C) but even that falls within the standard (C) pricing method)

Following your logic I should be throwing a fit that the CN9-D costs more Cbills/MC than the CN9-A and CN9-AL!

I sure do

The mechs in the subdivided packs would be incrementally priced if this were true.

Didn't some IS mechs come with XL engines (and other upgrades) in their respective packs too? Enforcers, a Wolverine, a Shadowhawk maybe?

Edited by Ancient Demise, 20 February 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#119 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostAncient Demise, on 20 February 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

People will buy the goods no matter what side they come from (IS/Clan) or how much it costs. I am simply asking why they cannot charge both the same.

If you want to arbitrarily pay more how about we have a "throw money" option where you pay a premium cost for no additional content. Then those who want to can pay a standard price for any IS or Clan mech pack

If I got the corresponding XL engines for my IS mech packs + all other upgrades that clan mechs come stock with, I would agree.

Example: I'm leveling my Panthers right now. For each of them to be viable builds I had to spend around 6 million C-Bills each in order to upgrade DHS, Endo and XL Engine.

#120 1DeathWalkingTerror1

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

PGI please extend the "Adopt Early Award"

Feb 28th is just too soon. End of March/April would be better...

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users