How do you show your Battletech geekdom in normal Life?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Most battletech people love showing off obscure things in life. From stickers that say D.R.T and DFA to shirts and clothing with Madcats on them.

So whats your excuse? ;)

Heres mine:
Posted Image

#2 CaveHermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGalactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

Mine is a Dual (more of nod Buckaroo than to MechWarrior). I have a Ball cap with the Banzai Institute logo I wear. (And a Trenchcoat with the smaller BB on the collar.)

Edited by CaveHermit, 25 November 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#3 Makaveli

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostBlackfire1, on 25 November 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

Most battletech people love showing off obscure things in life. From stickers that say D.R.T and DFA to shirts and clothing with Madcats on them.

So whats your excuse? ;)

Heres mine:
Posted Image

You aint hiding it are ya? I don't really, unless someone gets me talking about it - then people are like, 'whoa, your into that!'

#4 Iron Horse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationIjima, Xinyang; Benjamin Military District, DC (IRL: Inglewood, CA)

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

I used to have a MechCommander pin that I wore on my hat every day. Got it at E3 from the MC devs ;)

#5 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

I've still got the MechCommander preorder bonus shirt from Electronics Boutique. It was an XL in an obnoxious yellow. It didn't fit when I was 14, and it still doesn't fit now, so I don't wear it. I don't have anything besides that shirt that says "hey, I'm a huge dork still secretly into a game I played when I was in high school."

#6 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

I have a hand made Ghost Bear Logo shirt my sister in law made for me. Turned out really well she had to tell me she hand painted most of it with minor stencil use.
I wear it at least once a week if it gets washed mid week twice.

#7 Cyote13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

I have a Battletech Center T-shirt from London that I wear once in a while, even though it is 15 years old now ;) and my best friend Lonewolf777 does the same.

#8 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

I wear a hat that cafe press release when Wizkids release the Liao expansion. Nothing like going around showing your support for the Emperor.

#9 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

I order PPCs at the bar and after a couple you might hear me saying "Seyla" during shots or calling other patrons my "trothkin" or....."stravags"

...luckily the bartender puts up with me haha

#10 Redtail

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

That only works if the more drunk you get, the less contractions you use in speech. ;)

I'm actually looking to get my next tattoo soon, which will probably be the already fairly cool-looking SLDF insignia that will be immediately recognizeable by BattleTechies but represents a minimal "risk" of nerdentification by those less inclined.

I'm trying to figure out how to work the 'mech theme into my current cafe-racer build, but the rectilinear design elements and riveted fairing are as likely to conjure up images of WW2 tanks or planes unless I go heavy on insignias there, too.

#11 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

I'm the only Battletech Demo Team leader in my city.

Besides that, I have a pretty sweet shirt that references Robot Jox, but that's about all. I've been considering getting something Buckaroo Banzai related, though.

The problem with Battletech apparel is that 9/10 times, it plugs itself. I absolutely hate self-plug shirts. I have no interest in parading the name of a website or company around on the back of a shirt.

What is more, is that most Battletech merch has all the fashion forwardness of "Three wolf Moon" - I would be glad to wear battletech merchandise if, you know, it wasn't tacky as heck.

#12 Arro

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

I don't have any BT aparrel sadly. ;)

But I have developed a nasty habit of referring to sprained ankles and pulled muscles as actuator damage!

And cursed my lack of double heat sinks during the hot summer.

... and sometimes I just walk like a robot for the heck of it. @_@

#13 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:06 AM

Also lacking any apparel - I've long warned the wife that if I ever get any tattoos (unlikely) then the Ghost Bear emblem is high on the list.

On the internet side this has been my constant avatar for the past 10 or so years -
Posted Image

(Soz - big version from my gmail account) - I always incorporate it into any image sigs I create.

Posted Image

Not much that I'm still clan proud.

#14 Sean Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

I museum Scale mad dog I keep on my desk, and a CJF vibrokatana I have on my wall.
Aiming at a CJF T-shirt next

#15 Andrew Harvey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCornfield, Indiana

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

While I am an anti-fan of MechAssault, there was a t-shirt that came out at the same time as a marketing ploy that I had to buy. I'll have to take a picture of it.

#16 SwordofLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

I'm Sword_of_Light in every online forum I can - often in places no one has ever heard of BT. "Sword_of_Light. You're like some 13 year old Star Wars fan, arent you. Dork." or "Sword of Light? Is that like Christian or something?"

For all my ******** and moaning about the people of World of Tanks, at least people there know what the hell my screen name is.

-Don

#17 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostMarauderDeuce, on 28 November 2011 - 04:06 AM, said:

Also lacking any apparel - I've long warned the wife that if I ever get any tattoos (unlikely) then the Ghost Bear emblem is high on the list.

On the internet side this has been my constant avatar for the past 10 or so years -
Ghost Bear logo

Need to find someone to make something like this ;)
Posted Image

I as well have warned my wife when i get my first tattoo it will probably be the Ghost Bear logo as well :o

#18 Mordegald

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

I've had the Diamond Shark logo as my phone's wallpaper for going on two years now. Bit of a stealth measure, I know, but it's there.

I also made a Cameron Cross pendant out of silver for a class once. It got a good grade (even after I was obliged to explain the source material), but the angles were sort of off, so I never really wore it.

Also I've been thinking of painting the DS logo on a shirt, or possibly just going whole hog and making a banner of it. What can I say, I'm addicted to making my own nerdy stuff.

#19 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

I plan on getting a CJF tattoo at some point. It's on a long list of tattoos of things that define me ;)

#20 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Gonna get a Wolf Clan symbol on my back soon. I have always toyed with the idea of getting a Smoke Jaguar on my neck too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users