"fixed" Patcher Is Even More Broken

4 replies to this topic

#1 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

Alright so up until they made changes to their patcher and repair tool I haven't had much of a problem with bad patches but now that they've changed it I'm running a repair tool every bloody time and practically redownloading the entire game.

Just dropped into CausticValley and its stuck on an infinite map loading cycle... Alt F4 and the close program option don't even work.

Task manager isn't even closing it -.-

Edited by Graugger, 17 June 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#2 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

I heard quite a few people say they had to run the repair tool this patch specifically. Mine installed smooth as butter, no issues at all.

#3 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostRhazien, on 17 June 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

I heard quite a few people say they had to run the repair tool this patch specifically. Mine installed smooth as butter, no issues at all.

Mine also went on like a glove...

But every 2 or 3 patches (i think its more of a certain amount of changes or a size i hit) it gets wonky and i must run the repair tool.

I suggest you also send a email to support@mwomercs.com and let them know what the issue is.

#4 Dukat281

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

After having installed the patch my patcher announced a re-download of files as a fix. After that has been downloaded and installed (about 50 MB) it sent me to the repair tool right away. Were about 7 files with 450 MB having been fixed that way.

Was the first time ever I had to repair directly after patching.

Edited by Dukat281, 17 June 2015 - 03:06 PM.

#5 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

THIS is what I have to do whenever there is a Patch...(Since May Patch)

Basically I have to run the repair tool and individually delete any files that were changed... and then run the repair tool again to find the next mismatched File...

Instead of a Patcher I have to use the Repair tool... which takes HOURS to do...

Here is a snippet of what I must do to Patch this game now....

Oks... Looking over the REpair tool I did miss that part (and the REpair tool did not close out all the way). Looks like one of the files could not re-download..

Posted Image

So I deleted that File... restarted the Repair Tool with Anti-Virus off and run as Administrator and this is what happened next..
Below
Posted Image

So I delete that File... run the Repair tool again.... and get this..(Below)

Posted Image

This is the result... now Bin 64 has problems....(Below)..
Posted Image

I'll keep going through this but might have to do complete new install.... I still blame the patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users