Executioner New King Of The Battlefield.

88 replies to this topic

#61 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 02 April 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Chicken Walker/ Human legs has like 0 impact on how survivable a mech is lol. Its the Torso sections and arms - basically can you shoot the CT from the sides even if it twists (Dire) or are you stuck shooting the arms (atlas). I think this would be somewhere in between actually, since you could almost certainly hit the STs from any angle, but not the CT.

I was just saying that the Blood Asp is not humanoid and i do not see what in that pic led you to believe it ..

#62 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 April 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

How many human beings 'mechs that you know of have that kind of legs, i may ask.. :huh:

Some humanoid 'mechs are born with screwed up legs, have some respect, plantigrade royalty.

#63 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 April 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

I was just saying that the Blood Asp is not humanoid and i do not see what in that pic led you to believe it ..

I was being perhaps incorrect in my use of the word 'humanoid' - i meant that it has a humanlike torso section (no blimp torso like a stalker or timber or catapult) with the cockpit in the 'head' at the top of the mech.

#64 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 02 April 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I was being perhaps incorrect in my use of the word 'humanoid' - i meant that it has a humanlike torso section (no blimp torso like a stalker or timber or catapult) with the cockpit in the 'head' at the top of the mech.

If all humans were football players then maybe. I'd just like to point out how the head is just about level with the shoulders, not to mention how there's a prominent hump in the back that's also level with the head. By this logic, I guess a Cataphract is also a humanoid torso? :/ Last I checked, a person's head was not located on the chest...

Edited by Repasy, 02 April 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#65 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

This argument is dumb. If it has the basic human shape it's classified as "humanoid". Doesn't matter if it has six legs or a head in the torso. Unless it appears as an insect, arachnid or aquatic animal it's humanoid.

Edited by Riyott, 02 April 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#66 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 21 February 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Believe it or not, i think that the one u gonna be astonished with is the ShadowCat. ECM in a side torso, flexible weapon hardpoints, jumpjets (though 6 fixed no matter the config u choose, what is a pity), a decent 97kph speed (106 with speed tweak), and 17.5 tons of empty space (taking into account the JJs, ECM, with stock armour).

BJ-1X - Simulation
((The JJs have been simulated with 3DHS (in this weight class, JJ weight 0.5 tons each, so 3DHS=6JJs), ECM adding one more (Clan ECM only weight 1ton) ))

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 21 February 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Its not about weight. Its about to mount the best weapons possible. The ShadowCat can carry an UAC20 or 2xERPPC properly cooled to the battle field, and with ECM.......

ShadowCat can't do either of those things effectively.
Once you mount the Jesus Box, you've got 15 tons left. Max that armour, 16 tons left.

Not enough to take a large ballistic, can't fit a LB20x, UAC10s are poor but could be taken semi-effectively.

It will do long range lasers, and maybe SRMs (or both)

It won't be terrible, perhaps even better than the Crow at range (better mounts, lower profile, Jesus Box and JJs might mean better positions), but could never compete up close (for being 45 tons and lacking hardpoints to boat small weapons)

View PostRepasy, on 03 March 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Lol, and yet when I took my Gargoyles out for a spin tonight I ended up with most kills, most dmg on team. Hmmmm... ;)

And I regularly do the same in a Myth Lynx...there isn't much to be said about the PUG LIFE, other than PUG LIFE.

#67 ConanTheGamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:26 AM

I remember people saying that the Gargoyle was going to be the new king of the battlefield, too. And the Gargoyle is barely seen in the game. If you're using table top to judge a mech it's probably not the best way to go. I loved the Hunchback in TT. But in the game it wasn't so great. Although the quirk seems to have help. So, I'll just wait and see before I make a judgement.

#68 sandworm16

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 April 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

How many human beings that you know of have that kind of legs, i may ask.. :huh:

Posted Image

#69 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 02 April 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

ShadowCat can't do either of those things effectively.
Once you mount the Jesus Box, you've got 15 tons left. Max that armour, 16 tons left.

Not enough to take a large ballistic, can't fit a LB20x, UAC10s are poor but could be taken semi-effectively.

It will do long range lasers, and maybe SRMs (or both)

It won't be terrible, perhaps even better than the Crow at range (better mounts, lower profile, Jesus Box and JJs might mean better positions), but could never compete up close (for being 45 tons and lacking hardpoints to boat small weapons)

Look at the height of the mounts and cry....

Spoiler

Its gonna be able to do all that and way more.... U gonna see this mech a LOT in the battlefield.... Mounting UAC20s.

#70 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 04 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Look at the height of the mounts and cry....

Spoiler

Its gonna be able to do all that and way more.... U gonna see this mech a LOT in the battlefield.... Mounting UAC20s.

NOPE.

Not if you want an effective robot.

Here, let me build you a template for an SHC:
Empty SHC
That's with 0 additional heatsinks, by the way.

With 16 tons, and the AC10 ammo as the filled crit slots (on a maxed armour SHC) you can now build your very own SHC!.

UAC20, with 2 tons of ammo (a pathetic amount, you want at least 5), a Jesus Box and 2 ERSLs?

Bad robot build, in other words.

Now, a better robot is 2 ERLLs, ERML, 5 heatsinks and the Jesus Box.
2ERLL ERML 15DHS

Or 2 LPLs and 6 MGs.

It can never mount an LB20x, and a UAC20 takes up all the slots in the arms. Doesn't help that the UAC20 is a terribad weapon on it's own, let alone on a robot that simply shouldn't use one.

#71 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 April 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

ABOVE POST

If it looks like a Hunchie, it has the Hunchie's hardpoints, and it drives like a Hunchie, then is a Hunchie.

Its not a matter of a 100% effective mech here. Its a matter of a fun mech, and we all agree that the BJ-1 with AC20 and nearly 0 backup weapons rocks, being both a Titan-Killer and a 90% weight/effective mech to run with. I run mine a lot more that i should for my mental sanity, or to restore my mental sanity. Its just funny to have a little mech with awesome hardpoints to hill-climb. The ShadowCat will be the same, or better, cause the UAC20 weight less, and they arent handicapped by the horrible engine range of the BJ, so MOAR DAKKA, FAST & FURIOUS :P

PS: Drop armour there, u only need to armour one side.

Edited by DelphiAuriga, 04 April 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#72 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 04 April 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

If it looks like a Hunchie, it has the Hunchie's hardpoints, and it drives like a Hunchie, then is a Hunchie.

Its not a matter of a 100% effective mech here. Its a matter of a fun mech, and we all agree that the BJ-1 with AC20 and nearly 0 backup weapons rocks, being both a Titan-Killer and a 90% weight/effective mech to run with. I run mine a lot more that i should for my mental sanity, or to restore my mental sanity. Its just funny to have a little mech with awesome hardpoints to hill-climb. The ShadowCat will be the same, or better, cause the UAC20 weight less, and they arent handicapped by the horrible engine range of the BJ, so MOAR DAKKA, FAST & FURIOUS :P

No, it will be worse, because the UAC20 is worse and it has 5 less tons than the Hunchback AC20 build...with a STD250 engine.

It is a laughably bad build, but I suppose you can do it. Just don't expect it to be good. If you leave the Jesus Box, you can get 2 ERMLs and a UAC20 with 2 tons of ammo. At least you'll have half a Lolcust worth of firepower when you run out of ammo.

The AC20 BJ has 4 tons of ammo and 3 lasers. The fact it can remove JJs allows it to do that.

#73 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

Ok, if u prefer im gonna be more specific about what i think that u are saying just cause its a "universal fact that nobody can defy" of MWO, and what im disagreeing with u.

I dont think that ur laser builds are bad, i just think that they in part lack the puch and in the vast majority the fun of "killing-big-robots". Its a game, not a real war. It doesnt need to be 100% effective, but it needs to be 100% enjoyable. For me a 45tonner with the biggest possible weapon is funny, so respect it as i did with ur build, that i never criticed at all. Many people think this way. They are bad for me and good for you, just that. I would never call ur build "laughably bad build", but i presume that u feel licensed to do it with mine.....somehow.....that i just dont get to understand.....and a build that was never specifically posted in detail.....

Presumed that is cause u just try to speak "meta", but ppl tend to forget that meta its just that, meta for a person, horrible for other. Your meta-mind its directed to lasers, thats ok, but mine its not and thats ok also. Dont forget the second part again, please.

About being a "terrible" weapon, i have to disagree. I run my Stormcrow with an UAC20 and its an OKish weapon for the supposed purpose of it. Requires a lot of skill to actually take the best of the bullets, but its the only ballistic weapon that worth the slot. Aim better its a good advice with it, but also fire more often and specially closer. The main diff is that an AC20 its a single big shoot u have to score in the target, the UAC20 makes harder to drop the 20dmg points in a single component, eventhough still its easy, but as a balance u actually are firing during a longer time a shaking-fear weapon.

Try to ignore an UAC20 cause "its a bad weapon" and u are letting the best DPS/heat weapon of the game work freely. Probably i score such good numbers in my Ballistic Stormcrow cause nearly all ppl in the game think like you.... And all u are wrong about thinking that the weapon itself is bad. Its just that the weapon its not for ur playstyle/skill level/aim skill/etc... whatever. But a weapon its just that, a machine. What makes it deadly is the pilot in the cockpit.

My description of the Hunchie was a pure introduction to my comment of the BlackJack, so if u prefer, change Hunchie for whatever name u prefer.

View PostMcgral18, on 04 April 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

(...)
The AC20 BJ has 4 tons of ammo and 3 lasers. The fact it can remove JJs allows it to do that.

I had that in mind and was previously answered:

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 04 April 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

(...) the UAC20 weight less, and they arent handicapped by the horrible engine range of the BJ (...)

PS: Drop armour there, u only need to armour one side.

Edited by DelphiAuriga, 05 April 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#74 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

Unless they ditch MASC and give the SCat back the 2 tons as assignable space, It will not run large Ballistics well, at all. Simply not enough ammo or backup weapons possible with 15 tons of space. with 17 its doable (Gauss+3t+2ML). But realistically, assuming they dont ditch MASC all decent SCat builds will be either long range lasers (ERLL/LPL), SRM+ERML or the odd dual PPC poptart.

Gauss >>> UAC20 in the opinion of basically everyone. AFAIK (i could be wrong here) you cant even double tap the UAC20 quickly without getting ghost heat, and getting all the projectiles to even HIT a moderately fast moving target is nearly impossible, let alone getting them all on the same component.

#75 Christoph Lance

Rookie

• The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

running build with 4 mpl and 4 spl with tk5

https://yadi.sk/i/Vdt0rL6Lhfhbm

#76 MoonGlum Ebon

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:26 PM

In this version of MW, Atlas makes EXE pilots piss thier pants.

#77 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostMoonGlum Ebon, on 20 July 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

In this version of MW, Atlas makes EXE pilots piss thier pants.

If we had real Clan UACs and no ghost heat, the Atlases would be crying.

#78 DraconX3

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

I dunno what any of you are talking about >.> I blasted a Executioner to pieces with my Hunchback in a sorta 1 on 1. >.> He was running around abit crazy like, so me in my incredible speed of 64kph [yes stock mech] Chased him down and finished him off with a few more well placed CT shots. Done done dead Mcphadden.

Edit: Sorry, it was a Gargoyle not the EXE heheh. My mistake, but still =P Was funny....Slow ass hunchie chasing down a Garg, blasting him to itty bitty pieces. Funneh.

Edited by DraconX3, 20 July 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#79 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostDraconX3, on 20 July 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

I dunno what any of you are talking about >.> I blasted a Executioner to pieces with my Hunchback in a sorta 1 on 1. >.> He was running around abit crazy like, so me in my incredible speed of 64kph [yes stock mech] Chased him down and finished him off with a few more well placed CT shots. Done done dead Mcphadden.

Edit: Sorry, it was a Gargoyle not the EXE heheh. My mistake, but still =P Was funny....Slow ass hunchie chasing down a Garg, blasting him to itty bitty pieces. Funneh.

If it as a 4G with an IS AC/20 that does 20 pinpoint damage with a single slug, or a uber-quirked 4P laser vomit, then I would not be surprised.

#80 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

Meh I don't get why all the hate against the Exe. It's by far my best K:D ration in pug play. With its relatively low in raw dps I find the key in the Mechlab is keeping a relatively cool build so you can push a wounded/hot opponent when they can't handle you, and using MASC constantly to avoid being out in the open any longer than necessary. In terms of gameplay, just do some damage in a support role and make sure you make it to the endgame in decent shape. A decently mobile Executioner with lots of armor left can clean up in the end phases of a match fairly well. MASC, advanced seismic sensors and jump jets all help you get the edge in the final duels.

I died two games in a row last night to tank the 3:1 ratio of my A variant, but for quite a while there I was above 3:1 for the A and the B, which none of my other mechs are really even close to matching. Note: I don't have the D variant yet for boating small lasers or mounting anything of value on the left torso.

From the IS side, my Thunderbolts are the best I have ratio-wise (the best one is around a 2:1).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users