Skidding.
Physical Attacks.
Death From Above.
Building destruction.
Hiding inside a building.
Laser reflexion off of water.
Shell ricochet.
LRM misfires.
Falling damage if the building or bridge your standing on top of collapses.
Damage if the building falls on your head.
Clubs. NOt the bars, the things you hit people with.

Those are all aspects that would make this game better, reality wise and fun wise.
So I really don't understand why you do not see that. I probably won't.

Those would be cool indeed, but i imagine how much programing it would need, PGI would need to put someone to spend hours doing this, to then test, inplement and not to mention the use o computer resources, if people are complaining about FPS (Frame per second) now, all these features would probably make it a bit harder to process and lower FPS.

If i had to choose between having these, or to build more CW maps, i would choose maps. :D

#182 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 01 March 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

those are all very arcadey titles that sacrifice loads of realism for fun factor, with the original rainbow six being the only potential outlier in the group (and you can still cheese that game insanely hard)

these all boil down to map knowledge and reflexes. a faster player is going to recognize, visually, the threats on-screen from both environmental and enemy sources and respond accordingly. a player with better map awareness is going to keep from placing him or herself in situations where their only option is to flee onto a pond and slip, or whatever. besides, what kind of frozen pond doesn't break beneath a 55-ton (or whatever) giant robot that is constantly nearly boiling-hot to the touch? do mech feet have more grip than rubber-soled shoes? does anyone really care?

why not just field hundreds of MBTs with ac/20 and LLs instead of these stupid mechs, anyway? battletech implodes under an eye looking for realism so why bother

Don't you dare bring realism into Mecha/Gundam combat! Take it back now!
(Gundam posed for the local press as he is about to make Godzilla scoot over in terms of terror)

Posted Image

#183 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostGundamStompyRobotChurchy, on 01 March 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

We could talk about HPG would be a minimum of 100C cooler.

How dropdecks that are 160-240 @1.0G would have to be different if it wasn't 1.0G.

How thermal is not only not thermal but is a complete joke.

How nightvision is a green scale with low draw distance.

How duration/beam lasers would be 30% as effective as pulse lasers.

etc.

For me, most of these things are not a big deal.

If realism is an issue, I'm not sure making HPG colder would matter. Without an atmosphere, I should think the biggest influence on your heat would be how close that star is and if you are standing in the shade or not.

I always viewed the drop deck weights as an arbitrary limiting factor, not something meant to represent a physical constraint. Although, fluctuating drop deck weights would be interesting.

The view modes could use some work.

We're working off table top stats a here. While I think pulse should be more power in some cases to justify their weight, having normal lasers be 30% of the pulse's damage would either lead to pulse that are too powerful or normal that are too weak.

#184 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

Laser damage reduction would just be a "realism" factor, I know the game works of pseudo-TT values.

Pulsed lasers would generate less heat if operated at the same power output, each pulse would be max power output (think every pulse doing the equivalent CW laser damage), and each pulse would do more damage because the "pulse" allows for material that the laser would burn/disintegrate to clear the point of impact leaving that spot clear for the next pulse to do full damage.

#185 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'm not a new player but yeah:
Posted Image

It was: 1 IS Light Rush, 1 IS Unit taking the base 2-20 somewhat and 1 Clan Unit camping at defender spawn ending 9-48.

What should I say to this?

How should I put it?

Yeah, exactly. PGI doesn't want a certain portion of their playerbase to enjoy CW. I see that now quite clearly.

I'll play another couple of matches but I'm pretty sure my experience won't improve hence I'm just wasting my time with CW.

Post Edit: Add another IS Light Rush.

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 01 March 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#186 MHMarques

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

I should take the same pic here, i lost the match with Smoke Jaguar, IS destroyd everyone, highest socre was 2 kills by two members of my team

#187 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostMHMarques, on 01 March 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

I should take the same pic here, i lost the match with Smoke Jaguar, IS destroyd everyone, highest socre was 2 kills by two members of my team

Except for this pic stands for the last 2 hours I spent in CW.

Post Edit: Now I coincidentally dropped with an IS Unit on Attack and we went over to camp the enemy spawn point winning 47-9 somewhat. ... Which concludes my evening with CW, where I wanted to take a look if it has improved any.. it hasn't.

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 01 March 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#188 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostGundamStompyRobotChurchy, on 01 March 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

We could talk about HPG would be a minimum of 100C cooler.

As a point of order, the actual temp would be lower, but there would be next to no heat disapation, without atmospheric density, there is nothing to transfer heat to.

This is why space-flight electronics are universally liquid cooled.

#189 MHMarques

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 01 March 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

I'm not a new player but yeah:
Posted Image

It was: 1 IS Light Rush, 1 IS Unit taking the base 2-20 somewhat and 1 Clan Unit camping at defender spawn ending 9-48.

What should I say to this?

How should I put it?

Yeah, exactly. PGI doesn't want a certain portion of their playerbase to enjoy CW. I see that now quite clearly.

I'll play another couple of matches but I'm pretty sure my experience won't improve hence I'm just wasting my time with CW.

Post Edit: Add another IS Light Rush.

Posted Image

There you go! 7 games during the day so far, 3 wins 4 lost.
**** happens on both sides!

#190 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 01 March 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Post Edit: Now I coincidentally dropped with an IS Unit on Attack and we went over to camp the enemy spawn point winning 47-9 somewhat. ... Which concludes my evening with CW, where I wanted to take a look if it has improved any.. it hasn't.

If you are solo dropping you are doing it wrong.

#191 Mavqie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

7 games in 10 had is light rushes :(

i get the idea of it etc and it is a winning tactic but tbh it is getting boring as **** playing cw now with every game nearly being exactly the same

#192 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostMavqie, on 01 March 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

i get the idea of it etc and it is a winning tactic but tbh it is getting boring as **** playing cw now with every game nearly being exactly the same

If you get counter attacks they can light zerg but it does them no good.

#193 MHMarques

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

Even with a loss i like CW very much, for me doesn't matter the results, it feels real, it is something with a goal.

With CW, public drops (group or solo) is just simulation, CW is the real deal!

#194 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostMavqie, on 01 March 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

...poor clanner...not smart enough to adapt and overcome...sleep now and dream of the warm comforting vats where you were cloned...

Your father was a knife and your mother a test-tube!

#195 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 22 February 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

'

So you like the shallow end of the pool, got it.

Lolz - right, because a game mode without any degrees of skill-based matchmaker is the deep end of the pool. Pug-stomping takes soooo much skill.

Or, is the 3 maps, one game mode, and single, static objective that makes CW so deep?

Get real.

And, for the record, those above 2 reasons are the main ones as to why new players, PUG's, and casuals have very little interest in CW. The game mode gets stale fast and the stomps are repetitive. Top it off with try-hards who refuse to acknowledge these obvious problems or that anyone else can enjoy the game in a way different from them and you end up with empty queues and players leaving CW in droves.

Edited by oldradagast, 01 March 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#196 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 01 March 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Top it off with try-hards who refuse to acknowledge these obvious problems or that anyone else can enjoy the game in a way different from them and you end up with empty queues and players leaving CW in droves.

Every Unit player capping faction rank at 20 for 1+ factions is potential player lost to CW because it has no staying power after this I reckon.

#197 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 01 March 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Lolz - right, because a game mode without any degrees of skill-based matchmaker is the deep end of the pool. Pug-stomping takes soooo much skill.

Or, is the 3 maps, one game mode, and single, static objective that makes CW so deep?

Get real.

And, for the record, those above 2 reasons are the main ones as to why new players, PUG's, and casuals have very little interest in CW. The game mode gets stale fast and the stomps are repetitive. Top it off with try-hards who refuse to acknowledge these obvious problems or that anyone else can enjoy the game in a way different from them and you end up with empty queues and players leaving CW in droves.

You think the matchmaker actually accomplishes anything other than punishing players at the higher end of the bell curve?

...not to mention the pub maps and objectives aren't exactly deep.

Edited by Yokaiko, 01 March 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#198 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostMHMarques, on 01 March 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

There you go! 7 games during the day so far, 3 wins 4 lost.
**** happens on both sides!

7 Lost, 1 Win. And the singular win was an exceptional boring win, made by camping the enemies spawn.

3 IS Light Rushes, 2 Spawn Camps, 2 lost by a TBR/SCR/HBR rush. 1 win through Spawn Camping. This is CW?

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 01 March 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#199 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 01 March 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

7 Lost, 1 Win. And the singular win was an exceptional boring win, made by camping the enemies spawn.

3 IS Light Rushes, 2 Spawn Camps, 2 lost by a TBR/SCR/HBR rush. 1 win through Spawn Camping. This is CW?

It is unfortunate that your experience with CW has not led you to fun. However, I've got some tips for you:

If you are not dropping with a group, or indeed if you refuse to drop with a group (some people are like this, and that is fine), select your planet carefully. You've little need to follow protocol with choosing your battles if you're all alone.

Make sure that you are NOT queueing for a planet that looks like

12-3

This means that 12 attackers are already formed and prepared for battle. It is very likely that this group is a full premade 12-man, or at least a large group or two. If you can find a planet like this

7-5 or 29-26

It is much better, imo. This means that there is a larger chance of finding a game that is actually pug v pug, or small groups v other small groups.

Of course, you could also search around for a group to fight with in your timezone and meeting your needs. That is what everyone is going to instruct you to do. If you won't or can't do this, then you've got to play very carefully to have a good time in CW.

And unfortunately, if you can't do either of these things, CW in its current state may not be for you.

#200 ChefJitsu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

I am P.U.G. all the way. Maybe MM should not allow full P.U.G. drops in CW. I have many reasons why I chose not to commit to Clan or House (official group I.S. or Clan). I love the concept of CW though and realize that P.U.G.'s are really meant to "Fill The Gaps"...so point there stated by the Devs. Strained as MM is and as much as I enjoy CW a decision has to be made before STEAM release.

To allow P.U.G.s to fill the gaps and not enter matches of more than let us say a Lance or more.
Or allow the stomps to continue and frighten the P.U.G.s away in great numbers.

I really can not say which is the best direction. The COMMUNIY would best do that as a whole...
(CW interface is so confusing. A tutorial is a must for CW along with game basics I am firm believer that I should not have to leave the game to get the full benefit of the game i.e. alt tab to a forum post...)

Edited by ChefJitsu, 01 March 2015 - 09:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users