#161 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostAlienized, on 14 March 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

this thread needs to go to k-town immediatly. please start the race towards it.

Posted Image

How dare you say my post should go away then link a GIF to one of my favorite metal bands...

View PostDaFrog, on 14 March 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

Please let me have lasers with longer burn time on IS mechs so I can correct my crappy aim from the center torso to a head shot every f ing time...

Oh hey, its you again! Id gladly give you my longer burn time clan lasers for your shorter burn time lower heat IS lasers because my aim doesnt suck

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 14 March 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

IS tech isnt really OP, though they do have some very nice strong points. Esp the quirked mechs. And those PPFLD Auto cannons sure are a nice little perk. IS isnt OP, but it sure as hell isnt UP. And Clans are not near the OP players are claiming.

My initial post if you read the whole thing was poking fun at all the "Clans are OP" posts, I dont feel that either faction is OP. Each faction has their strengths and weaknesses.

#162 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

its true. clan and is are in a good balance atm.
driving a victor is my new obsession after i severely strike down timberwolves with my quickdraw anyday.
now its time to wreck warhawks toe to toe with the facebreaker that jumps above buildings, smashing his ac20 + 2 srm6+ artemis into the head of everything below.

now i know why victor ian steiner-davion used this mech. its a crazy machine for skilled pilots.

View PostNecromantion, on 14 March 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

How dare you say my post should go away then link a GIF to one of my favorite metal bands...

Oh hey, its you again! Id gladly give you my longer burn time clan lasers for your shorter burn time lower heat IS lasers because my aim doesnt suck

My initial post if you read the whole thing was poking fun at all the "Clans are OP" posts, I dont feel that either faction is OP. Each faction has their strengths and weaknesses.

yeah that was your intention. just look what the community made out of it.
now amon amarth will send it across the rainbow bridge into the golden halls of valhall.

#163 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostAlienized, on 14 March 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

yeah that was your intention. just look what the community made out of it.
now amon amarth will send it across the rainbow bridge into the golden halls of valhall.

Thats what happens when you have people that take the game too seriously or like in all games these days people who are mediocre or just bad like to blame things they dont understand or have as to why a game is "Broken"

#164 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 14 March 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Thats what happens when you have people that take the game too seriously or like in all games these days people who are mediocre or just bad like to blame things they dont understand or have as to why a game is "Broken"

i just dont want to lose. i give everything to make a battle a success. and i get mad when the complete enemy turns the back towards you, you chase them but the rest of the team keeps camping and losing in the end.
how many invitations do people need? is it so hard to understand what you can see?
there is not that much broken in this game but one thing definetly is:
alot of players are terribad and scared to become better but all you see from them is crying how unbalanced this game is.

its completely balanced and as it should be. you should not outsnipe clans. you can melt their faces up close anyday but not outsnipe them.
what is missing then? someone got their balls stolen? many times? yes indeed. thats whats happening just too many times.

#165 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostAlienized, on 14 March 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

i just dont want to lose. i give everything to make a battle a success. and i get mad when the complete enemy turns the back towards you, you chase them but the rest of the team keeps camping and losing in the end.
how many invitations do people need? is it so hard to understand what you can see?
there is not that much broken in this game but one thing definetly is:
alot of players are terribad and scared to become better but all you see from them is crying how unbalanced this game is.

its completely balanced and as it should be. you should not outsnipe clans. you can melt their faces up close anyday but not outsnipe them.
what is missing then? someone got their balls stolen? many times? yes indeed. thats whats happening just too many times.

I dont think people are scared to become better, I believe that with how people are so used to instant gratification and being handed things on silver platters in a lot of games these days makes them approach MWO with the same mentality when really it is quiet a grind compared to other games AND there is is a lot of nuances in this game that you need to keep on top of even more than in other FPS games regarding weapon hardpoint locations, torso/leg orientation, ECM presence/countering etc, Heat Management and so forth.

People really dont realize that without some differences and dynamics between Clan and IS loadouts that this game would be homogenous and not challenging at all.

#166 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 14 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

I dont think people are scared to become better, I believe that with how people are so used to instant gratification and being handed things on silver platters in a lot of games these days makes them approach MWO with the same mentality when really it is quiet a grind compared to other games AND there is is a lot of nuances in this game that you need to keep on top of even more than in other FPS games regarding weapon hardpoint locations, torso/leg orientation, ECM presence/countering etc, Heat Management and so forth.

People really dont realize that without some differences and dynamics between Clan and IS loadouts that this game would be homogenous and not challenging at all.

they are scared. you can see that when they hesitate to move forward and leadign a push. its just not happening.
they are scared to get a crap match score or whatever but they do not realize that a win will 80% of times better than a loss. no matter what you do.

to achieve that you got to do things that are not what your mech is built for. especially if you dont have ecm you need to play more agressive and kill the spotters ASAP. which means someone needs to step in front and charge. just charge. the next thing is how many will follow? im always up to take the charge (i do anyway, guess why i got that beautiful signature :P)
but i barely get support. i know, its PUGlandia and blabla but you would be amazed how many times i die as one of the first but still be in the top3 of the team...

#167 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

I dunno about not challenging... MW4 was primarily the same mechs and loadouts all the time and it never got boring and was always challenging, and in that game, we ditched all the IS weapons completely.

Having different tech trees is interesting, but the way I see it, the more complicated it gets, the easier it gets, for me, as I pay attention and stuff, but 80% of the players do not pay attention and are gimped by the complexities.

#168 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 14 March 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

I dunno about not challenging... MW4 was primarily the same mechs and loadouts all the time and it never got boring and was always challenging, and in that game, we ditched all the IS weapons completely.

Having different tech trees is interesting, but the way I see it, the more complicated it gets, the easier it gets, for me, as I pay attention and stuff, but 80% of the players do not pay attention and are gimped by the complexities.

MW4 had terrible AI. you couldnt brawl at the hardest difficulties because everything was focused on your mech and your lancemates where complete fail.

#169 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostAlienized, on 14 March 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

MW4 had terrible AI. you couldnt brawl at the hardest difficulties because everything was focused on your mech and your lancemates where complete fail.

You mean the AI was using the most effective way to win against you? How is that terrible? Sounds legit IMO.

#170 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 14 March 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

You mean the AI was using the most effective way to win against you? How is that terrible? Sounds legit IMO.

yep. and the fact that you could not use your given mates properly to do something against the full assault from 20 enemies just at you. and their aim was just ... bad....
no mech can withstand that.
so it is like in this game: most people are scared to take damage away from someone to keep him alive and kicking ;) just that you dont have to restart the mission.

so yep in many ways i feel like in MW4. me up front, teammates somewhere behind, struggling to move past buildings, cant aim for good or play as a team ;)

NOW GIMME THAT RESTART BUTTON!

#171 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

Wut?

AI?

WTF.

PvP is the only relevant thing here. Fighting AI is for toddlers and RP neckbeards.

#172 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 14 March 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Shh,
I want a tbolt with ECM.

that would be a riot.

#173 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

Gimme ECM on a Tbolt and I'll give her 5 ERLL and power it on tears.

Edited by HARDKOR, 14 March 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#174 Jagg3d

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostRipper X, on 14 March 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

What the Inner Sphere forces seriously needs is a viable heavy mech that can carry ECM.

We need the Grasshopper ECM variant.

#175 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostJagg3d, on 14 March 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

Great, when do we get the DWF-C with ECM?

#176 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:16 PM

YES! THE CLANS NEED MOAR ECM!!
WTF!!!
MOAR NOW!!!

#177 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

YES OZEALOT, THE CLAN IS TOO WEAK!!! NEEDS MOAR QUIRKS NOW OR WILL BE DESTROYED BY I.S. !!!

PLEASE LIEK ME! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

WILL BE YOUR FRIEND!!!

Your only friend apparently.

#178 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostGyrok, on 15 March 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Great, when do we get the DWF-C with ECM?

Does this game really need more ECM? at that rate, they might as well remove LRMs from the game entirely...and remove the R key and its function....

View PostJagg3d, on 14 March 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

No, no we do not....there are plenty of ECM mechs and by plenty, I mean like 2 or 3......considering 1 ECM mech covers an entire area, we dont need every other mech in a pack taking ECM......

#179 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostOzealot, on 15 March 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Ahhh, looking forward to Wave 3. Clans will finally have some ECM in the field. *giggles* Even less kills for Atlases and Crabs for the average competitive-pro-level-player of the IS faction. Perhaps they will then start using more direct fire weapons and PGI will start to get real statistics so they can remove some of them ridiculous quirks. Well, or they start using TAG.

Since HBRs are actually good mechs, there is actually a good amount of them...there is already good ECM coverage for Clans....And since its 65t, you can take more then 1 in a drop deck. Maybe in Publand its a little more rare, but even then....players are to dumb to take advantage of it anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users