Clan Invasion

20 replies to this topic

#1 Breaker

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

How I hope it happens:-)

After a year of almost constant Mech warfare, I have become a Veteran of many battles. I have my scars, from ejects and heat burns, but nothing compared to my baby "Haus Carl" :a jump jet commando that has had so many repairs, that if there is an original piece left in her other than me I would be surprised.

The current skirmish begun almost half an ago. The usual dance has been in full swing for a while now. Getting a few more impacts, I get a clear tag on an enemy Hunchie. Sitting safe in his Catapult, "Vi ses i helvetet" taunts Longbow over the comm. The familiar trail of Longbow's dual LRM 20's streak across the sky and bombard the Hunchie, staggering he rights himself in time for my medium laser to dig a small trench across his rear torso.

Seeing another salvo incoming from Longbow, I turn tail and run, heading for the closest hill. At almost 100kmph I am almost safe before the Hunchie returns fire. the AC 20 fire misses by metres, the round passing my head and impacting upon the hill before me. I stagger as the medium lasers score hits an my left leg. The armour holds as I crest the hill and get into cover.

"Det är en annan" announces Longbow, another kill as the Hunchie falls apart under the bombardment. Longbow must have hit the ammo. Another down, 5 more to go. I realign and start hunting for more targets.
Running at half speed to keep heat at a minimum, I get a ping on my radar. Then Another followed by 11 more. Looking up I see the burning trails of 13 drop pods arcing to our current arena. Reinforcements on this scale? I didn't think the enemy had the resources, this many mechs could break the stale mate on the planet.

"falla tillbaka" the fall back command is given as the enemy reinforcements lad in the midst of the battle. Heading back to our lines to fight an organised retreat, I hear the confused enemy chatter from my ECM sweet. Our enemies were falling back too? What craziness is this? Heading to the highest hill near me, I turn and scan the new arrivals.

Two catapults stand at the centre, with 3 Hunchies. The other mechs I have never seen before. Ready to break radio silence, I stop at the last second. Those aren't Catapults! They had arms, and the hunchies have two shoulder mounts. "okänd fiende" I shout into my Mic, "okänd konfiguration". The enemy forces split, with five heading towards the Davions, and eight towards our lines. Cycling through the comm channels, I hear a message on repeat that chills me."The children of Karensky have returned", "The children of Karensky have returned" "The children of Karensky have returned" "The children of Karensky have returned"

Returning to our lines at full speed, I know that nothing will be familiar any more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My idea is that the invading clan mechs should be piloted by the PGI staff for the first few conflicts through random games, before truly introducing to the players the new mechs.

If they did this at random times to random battlegrounds would really make you realise how f'd the innersphere were in the first few conflicts.

#2 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

I happen to think the invading Clan mechs should be chosen from the faithful Clan fans on the forums...the ones who have stood by their favourite faction from the moment they showed up here, in spite of being told there would be no Clans for a long time yet. These people have no idea how or when the Clans will actually be implemented in the game; we might only see ISN articles about mysterious invaders until the second or third wave, or possibly even later. We might not even see them until after the Battle of Tukayyid.

You want dedicated Clansmen, who would like nothing more than to become the boogeymen of the coreward worlds, and give the IS players an experience they'll never forget? You're looking at them. :P

#3 Shiinore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostBreaker, on 30 June 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

My idea is that the invading clan mechs should be piloted by the PGI staff

Translation:
I want to shoot Paul in the cockpit.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

In before move.

And yeah, seems like a lot of peeps have played MW2:Mercs.

#5 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

wow from a non IS invasion clan oh my,
why should you or any other player get 1st div's on clan mech's?!
thats like claming to be wolfs dragoons soo you own the best merc unit in the inner sphere!
personaly i'd love to see them introdused that way!
i could see both sides banning together to stop the unknown intelopers then calling a truce to exit off world to report to the higher ups lols

#6 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

I get a good laugh out of threads like these that think the devs are better pilots than anyone else that will be piloting IS tech. As well as their 50 employees are sufficient to keep IS/Clan fights going 24/7 AND keep MWO up and running. But whatever...

How about they keep it even simpler - The first two waves are steamrolls. No actual fighting is happening between human controlled Mechs. All there is will be announcements stating which worlds have fallen to the invaders. Any "real" fighting still goes on between the Houses and MercCorps.

Gives PGI plenty of time to beta test and balance Clan tech while at the same time giving the Clans plenty of real estate to claim and eventually fight over.

So no player controlled Clans until July of next year. We all agreed? Unanimous? Great!
Posted Image

#7 Schtirlitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Hope there will be player controlled minor clans or some clan units that can be fully player controlled.

#8 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

Unlike the way the mechs are coming out atm I think when the clan invasion happens, they should release one or two binaries of clan mechs, with some new game mode(s) and maps to go with them. Maybe some kind of wave defense thing as a full on tutorial/co-op experience for those who want PvE. Maybe with a new game mode for PvP too? Added like an uber patch/expansion. I have every faith in PGI that they'll make the clans balanced one way or another.

Its fun to speculate :)

#9 lllWAVElll

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

Here is another idea of how the Clan Invasion could happen: :)

For 1-8 weeks there could be an event “Operation Revival", which will come almost out of the blue for everyone, no advertisement or warning from the Devs, apart from some hints in some of the news feeds that something strange is going on in the Northern Periphery leading up to this event. :ph34r:

So what happens is that during this Event 20% of all Standard Public Matches will become Inner Sphere vs Clan fights. But no one will know if it is one until the match actually starts (Spawn timer has ticked down to zero).

Example: Standard Match 12 vs 12, Draconis Combine vs The Free Rasalhague Republic. The players are waiting for the Timer to tick down and they are making their plans on how they should proceed in the match and Trolling each other in the Chat. :(

But as soon as the match starts an Incoming Message on all frequencies begins:

“Attention Freebirths. I am Star Colonel Nicolai Malthus of the Jade Falcon Clan. Two Full Binaries stand ready to conquer your planet. What forces dare appose us?........ You dare to ignore my Batchall? Prepare to feel the wrath of the Falcons Claws.” B)

While this message is being received, the players will also see two dropships land on the other two sides of the map (East & West), and they will then be informed by the sexy computer voice that these dropships have unloaded 10 mechs each. This will cause a huge amount of surprise, horror & excitement. :o

There will be much player spam in the chat when this happens:

W T F!?!?!?

OMFG!!! O.O

Hoooooollllly Sh*t YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Clans are here Finally! Woot!

Who are clans? What’s going on?

^ Noooooob!

As soon as this happens the original opposing teams become friendly, turning the match into an EPIC 24 vs 20, IS vs CLAN Royal Rumble. Veterans/Team Leaders from both teams will have to quickly communicate with each other and their now combined teams that are on opposite sides of the map, on how best to confront this grave new threat. :huh:

These Clan Mechs will be AI (and Dev) controlled. This AI doesn’t need to be that great and this will simulate the Clan Warriors arrogance in the knowledge that they and their Mechs are superior in all ways compared to the IS barbarians, this means that there is not much need for tactics from their point of view. Although I feel that the AI should have some decent accuracy. 5 Mechs (a Star) from each of the East and West sides will go North and 5 Mechs from each side South to engage and destroy the IS players.

Defeating these Clans Mechs should be an extremely difficult task for those teams that don’t co-operate with each other. Which should lead to most of these engagements into becoming crushing defeats for the IS players. :wacko:

But if the IS players are able to win the match, they should then be rewarded with some nice Clan Tech as Salvage, Loyalty Points and a large amount of C-Bills. Maybe something like the top three players will get the following Salvage rewards, for example:

1st Clan Large Laser

2nd Clan Medium Laser

3rd Clan Small Laser

Once the Operation Revival event is over, Clans will become an optional choice for players to join if they wish to do so. :lol:

And the Devs can then use this basic AI they created for this Event for Practice PVE "Instant Action" Matches in the Main Menu. B)

Well that my 2 C-Bills. Feel free to Quiaff, Quineg or Batchall any of the above suggestion. :rolleyes:

#10 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostlllWAVElll, on 30 June 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

W T F!?!?!?

OMFG!!! O.O

^ Noooooob!

As soon as this happens the original opposing teams become friendly, turning the match into an EPIC 24 vs 20, IS vs CLAN Royal Rumble.

I will still kill Fed scum.

#11 Theodor Kling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

Aff IIIwaveIII this sounds fun. I saymake the AI pretty accurate ( trueborn wariors after all) but implement Zellbrigen into it. Beause that is what made the IS troops suvive at all.

#12 Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostlllWAVElll, on 30 June 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Here is another idea of how the Clan Invasion could happen: :)

For 1-8 weeks there could be an event “Operation Revival", which will come almost out of the blue for everyone, no advertisement or warning from the Devs, apart from some hints in some of the news feeds that something strange is going on in the Northern Periphery leading up to this event. :ph34r:

So what happens is that during this Event 20% of all Standard Public Matches will become Inner Sphere vs Clan fights. But no one will know if it is one until the match actually starts (Spawn timer has ticked down to zero).

Example: Standard Match 12 vs 12, Draconis Combine vs The Free Rasalhague Republic. The players are waiting for the Timer to tick down and they are making their plans on how they should proceed in the match and Trolling each other in the Chat. :(

But as soon as the match starts an Incoming Message on all frequencies begins:

“Attention Freebirths. I am Star Colonel Nicolai Malthus of the Jade Falcon Clan. Two Full Binaries stand ready to conquer your planet. What forces dare appose us?........ You dare to ignore my Batchall? Prepare to feel the wrath of the Falcons Claws.” B)

While this message is being received, the players will also see two dropships land on the other two sides of the map (East & West), and they will then be informed by the sexy computer voice that these dropships have unloaded 10 mechs each. This will cause a huge amount of surprise, horror & excitement. :o

W T F!?!?!?

OMFG!!! O.O

^ Noooooob!

As soon as this happens the original opposing teams become friendly, turning the match into an EPIC 24 vs 20, IS vs CLAN Royal Rumble. Veterans/Team Leaders from both teams will have to quickly communicate with each other and their now combined teams that are on opposite sides of the map, on how best to confront this grave new threat. :huh:

These Clan Mechs will be AI (and Dev) controlled. This AI doesn’t need to be that great and this will simulate the Clan Warriors arrogance in the knowledge that they and their Mechs are superior in all ways compared to the IS barbarians, this means that there is not much need for tactics from their point of view. Although I feel that the AI should have some decent accuracy. 5 Mechs (a Star) from each of the East and West sides will go North and 5 Mechs from each side South to engage and destroy the IS players.

Defeating these Clans Mechs should be an extremely difficult task for those teams that don’t co-operate with each other. Which should lead to most of these engagements into becoming crushing defeats for the IS players. :wacko:

But if the IS players are able to win the match, they should then be rewarded with some nice Clan Tech as Salvage, Loyalty Points and a large amount of C-Bills. Maybe something like the top three players will get the following Salvage rewards, for example:

1st Clan Large Laser

2nd Clan Medium Laser

3rd Clan Small Laser

Once the Operation Revival event is over, Clans will become an optional choice for players to join if they wish to do so. :lol:

And the Devs can then use this basic AI they created for this Event for Practice PVE "Instant Action" Matches in the Main Menu. B)

Well that my 2 C-Bills. Feel free to Quiaff, Quineg or Batchall any of the above suggestion. :rolleyes:

Can only prey that something cool like that can and will happen!

only question is.... how long can the community wait for the Clanners to show up ? 1 year ? might be a bit too long to wait, will there be enough content to hold us out till then ?

Edited by Wildcat, 30 June 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#13 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

“Attention Freebirths. I am Star Colonel Nicolai Malthus of the Jade Falcon Clan. Two Full Binaries stand ready to conquer your planet. What forces dare appose us?........ You dare to ignore my Batchall? Prepare to feel the wrath of the Falcons Claws."

One: He only had a single trinary.
Two: Refuse your what?!

#14 Axevid

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Nice story!

This is in no way meant as an insult, just a quick swedish grammar check =)

"Det är en annan" announces Longbow, another kill as the Hunchie falls apart under the bombardment. Longbow must have hit the ammo. Another down, 5 more to go. I realign and start hunting for more targets.

Not quite sure here, is the meaning that there's another unknown enemy? In that case probably change it to, "Det finns/är en till!"

"falla tillbaka" the fall back command is given as the enemy reinforcements lad in the midst of the battle.

"Fall tillbaka!", since falla is the basic form.

Sorry :)

#15 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostSchtirlitz, on 30 June 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Hope there will be player controlled minor clans or some clan units that can be fully player controlled.

Not at release.

#16 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

View PostSerevn, on 30 June 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

I will still kill Fed scum.

Yes, keep braining one another, and destroying one another's infrastructure. You were almost back to the Bronze Age when the Helm memory core was found; you need to make up for lost time. Chop chop, then! :)

#17 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have decided, screw canon clans. CLAN INSOMNIAC FIRE GOPHER!

#18 Kai Allardo Fenix

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

I hope there will be a Clan incasion later, caus I was and will be a Claner at the Clan Wolf. Want my Daishi and Thor back :(

#19 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

I hope yhe entire Clan lore is implemented when the invasion hits, and that the devs require the clan palyers to follow it religously. If you want to play with clan tech, play with the restrictions such technology brought with it - language restrictions, no IS swarming tactics, bidding for position, mechs and the right to fight, and the trial of postion. Not just anyone should be allowed access to clan tech. It should be an honor - and not one that may be bought. I am too much of a Sphroid to want to play Clan, but I do want to fight folks who are TRUE clanners and not some IS mech jocley in a clan mech.

#20 Gelgoog

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Yeah I agree, clans should be AI controlled for PvE content. Make the AI very difficult so that it is a challenge for players to win matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users