Don't suck.

#22 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

Here's my idea:

Make the objective to capture the three Generators (like Conquest boxes) to expose Omega. Lower Omega's health to what it was before (ie easier to kill when exposed).

This way, if the Light's rush, they have to leave someone on the Generator zone to defend it else the defenders can simply recap it and prevent the rush from hitting Omega.

I would also propose making it so that you can't capture a zone if an enemy is already in it. So if one mech is guarding a zone, the enemy must either enter after he leaves or destroy him and then enter the zone.
Move the generators more forward so that Attackers can make more of a step-by-step progress and it allows Defenders to counterattack objectives to defend.

#23 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

Meh 1/1/1/1 wont fix anything....If your first light rush takes down all 3 Ogens then you are free to attrition at your leasure. Also Clans have shown that you can do a "light" rush with Mediums....On IS its even easier because you can just run 12 cidadas for your last run to finish things off. It works just as well.

View PostTygerLily, on 23 February 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Here's my idea:

Make the objective to capture the three Generators (like Conquest boxes) to expose Omega. Lower Omega's health to what it was before (ie easier to kill when exposed).

This way, if the Light's rush, they have to leave someone on the Generator zone to defend it else the defenders can simply recap it and prevent the rush from hitting Omega.

I would also propose making it so that you can't capture a zone if an enemy is already in it. So if one mech is guarding a zone, the enemy must either enter after he leaves or destroy him and then enter the zone.
Move the generators more forward so that Attackers can make more of a step-by-step progress and it allows Defenders to counterattack objectives to defend.

I like this ....Say there is a time you ahve to stay within a zone....lets say for lore sake that you are waiting for a tech to disable the shield controls so that they drop and that the 0gen is now vunerable. Could be intresting to try .

I would rather however keep Omega's health at its current number, that way if the defenders lose the Ogens they aren't 100% screwed

#24 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostTuku, on 23 February 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Meh 1/1/1/1 wont fix anything....If your first light rush takes down all 3 Ogens then you are free to attrition at your leasure. Also Clans have shown that you can do a "light" rush with Mediums....On IS its even easier because you can just run 12 cidadas for your last run to finish things off. It works just as well.

I like this ....Say there is a time you ahve to stay within a zone....lets say for lore sake that you are waiting for a tech to disable the shield controls so that they drop and that the 0gen is now vunerable. Could be intresting to try .

I would rather however keep Omega's health at its current number, that way if the defenders lose the Ogens they aren't 100% screwed

Thanks for the comments. I think being able to retake the Generator zones to then close up Omega should offset the lower health of Omega. It would make defending the Generator zones very important. IE, being at a place where you are defending Omega itself should e a dire situation, where as bouncing around fighting for Generator zones becomes the main objective. I'd even suggest lowering it to 2 Generator zones a plus Omega.

I think my idea would improve role warfare in this way:

If the zones are semi spread out, then it gives a role to Mechs with speed (Lights) AND durability (Mediums).

If the zones can't be captured as long as you stand in it, then it give a role to Assaults in defending.

Heavies can bounce between those roles depending on their speed vs firepower.

Edited by TygerLily, 23 February 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#25 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

How to stop light rushes?
Guass rifles or any ppfld + capability to aim.
Pulse lasers +capability to aim.
Bring 12 lights.. Killing lights that are running from you with your own lights is easy.

I do like this cap suggestion..... But it would make defending so easy blatant incompetence would be required to lose.

Edited by zortesh, 23 February 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#26 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

This is best fixed by changing the objective from "blow up stuff" to capture and hold an area IMHO.
Not just cap, but cap and hold.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users