Getting a feel for the HK body.

3 replies to this topic

#1 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hey all, just looking to get a few personalized assements of the DC house as a whole. From a lore/RP stand point ive always been a die hard Kuritian fan, but im also the type who cant commit to a gaming faction without developing a bond with the people in it. And seeing as HK's style and personality could conflict with my own I wanted to investigate before i declare allegiance :D All in all im very laid back personality wise but in a competative league environment I do rise to the challenge and expect to be playing with people who put the effort and home work into their game play. Im not the type to rage over a microphone and blame people but i also dont like being held back. When the environment is relaxed im very sociable and enjoy the banter. In the forms of military formats in my video games I like it loose. If i have to call someone sir every 2 mins over the vent channel im going to be annoyed, but structure is a good thing.

So some backround on myself. long time battletech fan, from the days of assembling/painting/playing classic battletech. Even though its been probably 7+ years i could probably still bring to memmory most of the 3025 mech load outs and the ranges/damages/spread tables. I also did a large share of Mektek online. Ive played/owned every mechwarrior game to have exsisted. I also own both Mech Commander games, and before I sold my X-box i even had mech assualt 1 and 2 (which I actually enjoyed in context to the old super nintendo game that had a similar format, though obviously being an old school battletech player I agree that it didnt do the franchise justice). MW4 Mercs saw me take part in my longest running League play session to date. I joined up with the Wolf Dragoons in the MW4 Mercs NBT league and stayed with them for almost a year and a half. During that time i was online 2 hours a day every day, and took part in almost all of their drops. I think i only actually left the league scene because the community project mech/map packs that the league adopted had issues installing properly on my computer.

So currently my situation is a bit different in life then it was years ago, mainly in the term of responsibilities. Back in my MW4 Merc days I was a teenager, had tons of free time and nothing holding me in place. Now im a 24 year old adult with a wife and 3 kids, and im employed as a Transit Operator for my city and my hours are a little strange and random. That being said my schedule isnt as die hard as it once was, but I do manage to find time for myself to relax and unwind and Im very interested in finding a good group of people to enjoy MWO with.

So if interested type up a little bio and lets see whos kicking around. Ill also be reading up on some of the units that are recruiting and perhaps ill sign on. Otherwise its probably off to the Merc board :angry:

Oh and for browny points one of my favorite mechs is the Grand Dragon with the LRM10 swapped off with a SRM6 and some additional medium lasers :P

#2 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Konnichi-wa Steelwarrior,

My HK days started back in mid 90's, on AoHell, House Kurita right away, and have been so ever since.
when aol went pay to play Gamestorm put up their server and I went there too. on the GS server I joined
Wolfs Dragoons as Goliath, and kept that name through MPBT 3025, and Inner sphere wars (ISW), sadly
here it was taken so I went to my old "topgun" name Muskrat. tho a bit older than you (just couple years)
I am also laid back, not a screamer, do what im told in game to ensure the team has a better chance.

House Kurita is gathere here: http://www.housekurita.org thanks to the skill of Brewer feel free to drop over
view the units forming there, I intend to go house unit and see how it plays out for MWO

Use me as a sounding board if you have questions

till then

VDB
Muskrat

#3 Roguewolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

Love those Dracs, keep getting hammered, keep coming back for more. On the upside it is always good to have things to shoot at. On the flipside to that there are few things as dangerous as a Kuritan Warrior with blood in his/her eye.

Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield Warrior.

#4 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Geetings and welcome. Glad to have another soldier on the field!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users