Just A Few Questions

7 replies to this topic

#1 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:09 PM

Ive only been playing about a week. Im pretty clever and have been figuring most things out on my own but there are a few things that I cant seem to find answeres on.

So here are a few of my questions:

1- Am I required to have Premium Time in order to invite a friend to a group and que for public matches?

2- What are the benefits to joining a faction?
*Note: I joined one right away and kept getting messages to go defend or attack. But whenever I joined it just put me in a que. I never even did a match because I just sat in que forever, so I canceled the contract.

3- When playing bought mechs (not the trial ones), do I pay for repairs and ammo reloads?

4- When targeting an enemy, I sometimes see what looks like little bars or buildings above their name. What does that icon represent

That's all I can think of for now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jax

Edited to add question 4

Edited by JaxRiot, 24 February 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

1) no, the only thing you require Premium time for is certain options for private matches, however it does speed up earnings

2) for now the only benefits are in Community Warfare, you will earn loyalty points for participating in CW, rewards include ranking up in a faction and free Mechbays

3) no, repair and reload were removed before the game entered open beta, there is a possibility they will be added again later.

4) They are being affected by your teams ECM.

#3 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

There are also missile icons means they have missiles being fired on them, the + sign means a tag laser is on them so they are being spotted wish someone could screenshot them all and label them place em in the New Player help section, (I suck at doing that) ;x

#4 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the replies. Im all Knoweded up now

So off to contribute to the corpse count

Cheers

Jax

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

To expand on the answers already given:

1- Am I required to have Premium Time in order to invite a friend to a group and que for public matches?
(Sufficiently answered; you only "need" premium time for private matches with fewer than 24 players; which exactly 2 people must have premium time to do).

2- What are the benefits to joining a faction?
*Note: I joined one right away and kept getting messages to go defend or attack. But whenever I joined it just put me in a que. I never even did a match because I just sat in que forever, so I canceled the contract.

(Joining a specific faction? None per sé. Benefits of participating in CW? Among the 'ranks' to earn are cbill payouts, little tidbits of free MC thrown at you for certain ones, mechbays, and eventually faction-related camo patterns).

3- When playing bought mechs (not the trial ones), do I pay for repairs and ammo reloads?

(This was once the case, and from the sound of it may again become the case for CW-related matches. It depends on what PGI is doing. But no, you do not need to at this time).

4- When targeting an enemy, I sometimes see what looks like little bars or buildings above their name. What does that icon represent

(The "bars from a cell phone" icon mean that the enemy is being jammed by ECM and has a low signal. This used to mean that this enemy could not communicate with his team and his team could not see him on the map; but that has since been changed. What it means now is that the enemy in question cannot lock onto any target, impairing missile-based weapons.)

#6 Ilxuss

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

I don't want to create a new thread for just one question, but it's kind of related to #2, so I'd like to ask for clarification.
If one joins one faction, gains a loyalty reward(s) and then abandons faction/picks up contract for some other faction, then are the rewards cumulative?

If I decided to join Clan Wolf, earned, say, rank 2 reward, then, after contract has ended, joined House Kurita, and gained rank 2 would that mean I get 2 mech bays along with cash? Would one start losing loyalty for former faction(s)?

#7 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostIlxuss, on 25 February 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

If I decided to join Clan Wolf, earned, say, rank 2 reward, then, after contract has ended, joined House Kurita, and gained rank 2 would that mean I get 2 mech bays along with cash? Would one start losing loyalty for former faction(s)?

I took Davion up for a while, do not remember how far I got exactly, but I got the mechbay

I have recently received a second from my current contract.

That answer your question? :unsure:

#8 Ilxuss

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 25 February 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

I took Davion up for a while, do not remember how far I got exactly, but I got the mechbay

I have recently received a second from my current contract.

That answer your question? :unsure:

Yes, I think it does, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users