Why Even Bring Ballistics When Lasers Do It Better...

63 replies to this topic

#61 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostRemarius, on 27 February 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

A mighty 4.5 tons of ammo or 2.25 per UAC/20?

I would love to have opponents drop with that....

Note the part where i said hasn't touched armor yet? should be able to get upwards of 6 depending on how comfy the pilot is with armor shaving, and which iirc is about boomjagger build territory

Edit: Heck if you wanted to really commit use the ebj-a and don't bother with the left arm at all.

Edited by Ralgas, 27 February 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#62 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostRalgas, on 27 February 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Note the part where i said hasn't touched armor yet? should be able to get upwards of 6 depending on how comfy the pilot is with armor shaving, and which iirc is about boomjagger build territory

I run 31 (4.5t) or 35 (5t) shots with a single AC20 that does pinpoint damage. I'd strongly suggest more ammo than that or support weapons particularly as my experience of paired UAC 10's and 20's clearly shows that anything except an unmoving/very slow target will end with a lot of wasted damage. Cooldown module exascerbates the problem as your ammo can disappear alarmingly fast. If I have to use that calibre AC's on a clan mech I'd maybe look at LB-20X's instead.

#63 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostRemarius, on 27 February 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

I run 31 (4.5t) or 35 (5t) shots with a single AC20 that does pinpoint damage. I'd strongly suggest more ammo than that or support weapons particularly as my experience of paired UAC 10's and 20's clearly shows that anything except an unmoving/very slow target will end with a lot of wasted damage. Cooldown module exascerbates the problem as your ammo can disappear alarmingly fast. If I have to use that calibre AC's on a clan mech I'd maybe look at LB-20X's instead.

Would be fine except that they wont fit in half the EJ's ballistic slots because of locked crit slots. I did also say this was based on the buffs devs have mentioned in the town hall improving on ac effectiveness................... :huh:

Edited by Ralgas, 27 February 2015 - 11:11 AM.

#64 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

Quirked ballistics can be fantabulous!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users