The Canyon Crow[Edit]

1 reply to this topic

#1 Motormouth

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98efb1b07e11ac6

The final revision to The Canyon Crow build.

I can't wait for my mouse! Playing on this laptop touch pad bites deep fried fish sticks.

I love my ERPPC, but I get so much better heat and mobility.

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

Uh... I really hate to be a buzzkill, but you actually have more armor on your rear CT than on the front. To say the least, that's not wise. The Raven has an extremely prominent CT, and so much back armor is unwise. Additionally, the Raven's side torso hitboxes were enlarged in the fairly recent past, and it isn't advisable to run those under-strength either.

The Raven's arms are also small and of minimal shielding value, so if you have the armor points to spare they're better used on your head than your empty left arm. I run an AC20 4X with only 1 point of head armor, and I have been one-hit killed by artillery and airstrikes more times than I'd care to admit. The LA, in contrast, is a non-essential component on an energy build; being useless for shielding (unlike the arms on, say, the Wolfhound or Panther), it can be stripped to add protection elsewhere.

Without any other changes to your current build, here's my recommendation on armor.

The reason for front-loading your armor is that you can't possibly tank a hit from a high-alpha heavy 'Mech with only 10-20 points of armor, so you should allocate most of your armor to the front (which will normally be facing the enemy) because with 30-40 points up front you can survive at least one bad hit and keep fighting. You strip most of your rear armor because, since you won't be able to take a bad hit there anyway, the armor there is inconsequential apart from being scratched by friendly 'Mechs if you happen to cross their firing lanes. That is far less common, so frontloading is the norm, and will keep you alive longer to deliver more damage.

If you're willing to accept further suggestions, though... this would be mine. You aren't very likely to lose your right arm, lasers are the strongest weapons right now, and the difference between 2 jump jets and 3 is negligible. 2xERLL (which has long been the standard for Ravens, especially for the 3L but also solid on the 2X and 4X) gives you dangerous, repeatable pinpoint damage at all ranges, and the 4X's current duration quirks (which may not survive tomorrow's patch, so take this with a grain of salt) give the ERLL a much more manageable duration of 0.875 seconds... which is less than an un-quirked LL. With 2xERLL, you can eliminate your backup weapons and deal the exact same damage from 0m to 877.5m (which will likely change to 742.5m tomorrow, but the same holds true). Mixed loadouts can be very fun, but there's no question that boating is usually more optimal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users