Is And Clan Mech Speculation(Requirking And More!)

1 reply to this topic

#1 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

With the arrival of the 3rd set of clan mechs, that brings us to a total of 4 mechs per clan chassis, 16 in all.

The IS, however, still has over 30+ mechs, with around 5+ mechs for each chassis, but only 10-15 in the entire set as of now are worthy of using, compared to the clans, who have around 12 mechs that are still useful.

That means that those mechs that aren’t used will never see much use, or even worthy of looking at when purchasing.

Normally I’d say “Leave it as is.” But something has come up.

Rumor is that Russ may give quirks to “Vanilla” clan mechs, while taking away quirks when changing omnipods. Say I have a Summoner Prime, and switch it’s arms to SMR-D omnipods. That means I’ll lose the quirks that the set gives, and may receive negative bonuses instead of none.

This may help some Clan mechs, such as the Warhawk Prime, because of it’s 4 ERPPCs. It may receive some hefty quirks, such as :

+20% ERPPC Cooldown

-25% ERPPC Heat Generation

-25% Energy Heat Generation

Some people may like that. Some won’t, like the IS pilots. They’d rather have Clan mechs stay as is instead of giving them monstrous quirks like that. Or the complete opposite will happen, where clan mechs such as the Summoner Prime may receive this(These quirks will be added to what is already there for the Summoner):

+16 LA Structure

+16 RA Structure

+10% Energy Heat Generation

-10% Ballistic Heat Generation

And people who ordered Clan mechs or are in Clans may not like it, as IS pilots will not have to fear the Dakka Dakka that much.

If Russ were to do something like this, it’d be best to Demiquirk as the Warhawk Prime was, and not like the Summoner, as it will make most and many Clan Mechs obsolete to IS mechs.

And if the second happens, then that means requirking for the IS mechs too, as there would be no balance at all, and thus a lot of pilots and players upset. And it takes time, we all know this by experience of watching MWO from the beginning.

In order to mech some IS and Clan mechs playable, I suggest a few changes/quirks to add to them:

Quirks

Defense quirks. Remember from MW:4 Reflective and Reactive armor? Maybe add a few to those IS mechs or Clans. It’s make them more survivable against Dakka Dakka or Laser Vomit.

Speed Quirks. A few mechs need these. The Summoner is the only mech to have it, why not allow other mechs to have this quirk?

Tonnage Quirks. This is a game changer in my opinion. For example, a AC/20 weighs 15 tons on a Centurion - AH. But with it’s tonnage quirk, it weighs 10 tons, and thus allows for more tonnage. This could also be used as a penalty against those that boat Ultras, LRMs, or lasers on mechs. For Example, instead of a Ultra AC/5 weighing 7 tons on a Dire Wolf, it weighs 10 tons if there more than 4 of that kind of weapon or of similar, like a Ultra AC/10, and so on. This only affects bought or owned mechs, and Trials are not affected, as it would invalidate those mechs with many lasers, per say, the Nova Prime Trial mech.

Mech Fixes

Fixed Jump Jets. Make it so that Clan Jump Jets can be taken off. I mean IS mechs have the luxury of choosing to have how many Jump Jets they want, while the Clan mechs do not. But there’s a catch for the Clan mechs: They can only take off Jump Jets IF, and only IF, the Omnipod matches the Mech it is supposed to go to. For Example, If I have a Summoner Prime, I can ONLY take off the Jump Jets IF the Jump Jets come from a Summoner Prime Leg, and so forth. If that doesn’t work, it should be considered that Is mechs should have fixed Jump Jets too.

XL Engines. Much talk about this specific equipment. Maybe could be passed as a Quirk or very expensive module. increases amount of side torsos to destroy from 1 to 2 for IS, and for Clans 2 to 3. But when in effect( only applies when using XL), a heavy penalty such as:

-20% speed

-25% Torso Turn rate

-25% Weapon Cooldown

These could/may be changed into quirks/modules, but some should stay quirk only, such as tonnage or speed.

If these changes were applied, I think everyone would complain less about Dakka Dakka and Laser Vomit or LRM barrage, and more about other problems that are less of a problem in MWO.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

^ Bump ^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users