23 replies to this topic

#1 Pit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

Greetings Pilot, Welcome to the Flying Circus

The Flying Circus [ETFC] is a competitive Kurita unit, inspired by the Red Baron's Flying Circus of the first Terran world war. We emphasize individual personality and out-of-the box thinking.

This is a role-play Unit. Many of our players are old BattleTech fans and enjoy immersing ourselves in the lore, this expressed through character bios, combat strategies and roleplay builds. Role-play is encouraged but certainly not required

The Flying Circus prioritizes teamwork above all else. All of our strategy revolves around creative use of coordinated flanking and suppression techniques. We are looking for pilots that are capable of fighting as just small part of a violent murder machine

[ETFC] aspires to form a competitive unit, focusing on building a core of skilled players for CW and competition.

We are sponsored!

We are fortunate enough to have a very generous sponsor, whom some of you may know as the fearsome Elijah Temujin. Pilots that are found to be extremely formidable in combat, team players, and generally a fun to hang with will be rewarded with free premium time and more! (There are only a limited number of slots remaining)

Please have a Microphone, or plan to acquire one in the near future. We use Teamspeak 3 to communicate.

TeamSpeak 3 66.150.214.9:13490

Posted Image

Our pilots can be identified by our outrageous colors. We have no singular unifying color scheme. We each choose our own color palette to represent us individually

If you are interested drop a line in this thread, Contact Pit or Haydin in game, or step into the TeamSpeak "The Flying Circus Public"

Edited by Pit, 03 March 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#2 PadreGrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Flying high!

#3 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

Glad to have you guys around! Drop in to the 9th's TS anytime!

#4 Pit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

Bump! Website should be up soon.

#5 Pit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Daily bump. Come join the fight!

#6 Pit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Bump!

#7 PadreGrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

#8 Pit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

#9 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostPit, on 26 February 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

Our pilots can be identified by our outrageous colors. We have no singular unifying color scheme. We each choose our own color palette to represent us individually

That's awesome.

Also if you guys want to talk to any of us in NS about strategy and builds, or even to play with us when you don't quite have the numbers to field your own 12, come see us in house-kurita.enjinvoice.com server.

That name Temujin sounds familiar to me. I think he or someone with the same name was someone I knew from Starsiege way back in the day. I think he made some herc skin packs because I was quite into downloading those. The more I recollect, I'm pretty sure that name was on the skins I particularly liked. I was in Birds of Prey (and still use my bird-name to this day) and I wanna say he would have been in Death Squad.

#10 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

I hear you're going to be sparring with 4TCR shortly.

#11 PadreGrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 08 March 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

I hear you're going to be sparring with 4TCR shortly.

Negative. At this time, the 4TCR CO has no interest in private matches against us. There was mention of one last Tuesday, but 4TCR declined at the last minute to go on the attack against the Davion scum.

#12 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

What time are you guys normally on? I wouldn't mind having a few of the younger pups in your fold stumble into my sights a time or two. ;)

#13 Dragonblood1

Rookie

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

Hi

I am interested in joining. I am not new to the game but could use some training. When are you guys on TS? What time of day?

Thanks

#14 PadreGrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostDragonblood1, on 18 March 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Hi

I am interested in joining. I am not new to the game but could use some training. When are you guys on TS? What time of day?

Thanks

I saw you jump into TS a couple times, but didn't know who you were. Next time, poke me and I'll set you up with permissions. Several of us are on during the day, and most of the membership are on during the evenings. Primarily US and Canada, but we might have an Aussie or two amongst us.......... :)

#15 Pit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

We are currently seeking new players that are interested in learning group tactics for community warfare. The majority of our players have been playing Mechwarrior games since they've been making them and are very open to helping new players grasp the game, and molding them into hardened Community Warfare pilots

#16 0Carbon0

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDERP Community PR Officer

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hey guys if I join your unit will I have to power down and hide if we are losing a match?

#17 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Carbon, only if you are willing to do it in CW and group matches.

#18 Pit

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

One of our pilots actually pulled off a sneaky powerdown and hid near omega the other day. During our next push, he managed to take out Omega right behind the clanners' backs!

And we definitely do not advocate shutting down to draw out a match. All deaths must be in a blaze of glory.

Edited by Pit, 25 March 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#19 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

Well we had a couple do in a CW match for no reason other than to draw it out. Yea, some do it to stall groups whatever.

But when in a pub match 11 to 2 and just powers down and a couple your guys talk **** for 6 mins, there is no need for it. None on our team said a word to provoke anything, but merely asked after 2 mins if he was hiding.. We will be in Kur this week, hope to see these guys ;)

Edited by Mickey Knoxx, 25 March 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#20 PadreGrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 25 March 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

Well we had a couple do in a CW match for no reason other than to draw it out. Yea, some do it to stall groups whatever.

But when in a pub match 11 to 2 and just powers down and a couple your guys talk **** for 6 mins, there is no need for it. None on our team said a word to provoke anything, but merely asked after 2 mins if he was hiding.. We will be in Kur this week, hope to see these guys ;)

Just wanted to add on here that I've contacted Mickey through private message and I'm looking into this. Thank you Mickey for bringing this to my attention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users