Kill And Assist Why ?

72 replies to this topic

#21 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostAmardez, on 26 February 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh and the excuse that is a challenge is not a good one there is a difference a challenge and a forced grind, not to mention that any challenge that saps the fun from a game is counter productive, and unhelpful to the community. They have run good challenges before I am just bewildered why they keep going back to these ones.

I agree there are better challenges. I disagree that you're forced to grind. Nobody is forcing you to do the challenge.

Do you really think that asking people to get a kill and an assist is going to change gameplay that much? People already try to get kills regardless of the challenge. There are xp and cbill benefits to it. Sure, there are team players who care more about winning, but I'm doubtful this will change the play of most people all that much. I played last challenge normally and still pulled it off easily. I had some of the best matches I've had in a while. I think it's far easier to sour your opinion and shade what's going on by assuming everyone is out there playing crazy and abnormally due to the challenges. With the victor challenge, that was the case, but with these others it's been less an issue.

#22 Amardez

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:36 PM

View Postmonk, on 26 February 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

Do you really think that asking people to get a kill and an assist is going to change gameplay that much? People already try to get kills regardless of the challenge. There are xp and cbill benefits to it. Sure, there are team players who care more about winning, but I'm doubtful this will change the play of most people all that much. I played last challenge normally and still pulled it off easily. I had some of the best matches I've had in a while. I think it's far easier to sour your opinion and shade what's going on by assuming everyone is out there playing crazy and abnormally due to the challenges. With the victor challenge, that was the case, but with these others it's been less an issue.

I am limited to what I have experienced and those in my unit have experience plus those we play with outside MWO as well as in. As for getting a Kill well some build are just not set up to do it most people are trying and like i said earlier the amount of people yelling about kill stealing (which i had almost not seen before these events) was a lot. But as much as you may have had some or the best games last weekend I PERSONALLY had perhaps the worst run ever in my history of playing MWO, and among my unit I am not alone in the view.

#23 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

Get prem time and enjoy the weekend, Adder is a trash.

#24 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:47 AM

I'm sure this will be one of the worst weekends to play mwo ever. And there have been alot of bad weekends in the past.

#25 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

I could probably do the challenge in 60-65 matches.

Except I don't plan on playing more than 10 matches all weekend.

Dear PGI, learn2weekday

#26 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:21 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 February 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Because they just had the highest spike of active players in the history of MWO last sunday and now they're thinking "Wow, I guess the players really love these challenges! Let's do more of them!"

We can criticize them for these boring challenges until the cows come home, but right now the numbers tell a different story. A lot of people out there are ready to grind hard to get extra mechs. Which I don't really understand, personally, but there you have it.

Also they probably noticed all the people who said "I won't be playing this weekend" who later said they got the Raven and camo despite already having one mastered.
So they aren't going to take anyone seriously are they.

#27 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 27 February 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Also they probably noticed all the people who said "I won't be playing this weekend" who later said they got the Raven and camo despite already having one mastered.
So they aren't going to take anyone seriously are they.

For me it's rarely about hating the gameplay of the challenge weekend, although the challenge a couple of months back where you had to get a kill, a win, and survive was terrible.

I simply don't have a lot of time on your average weekend. I've got a fiance, we do stuff on weekends. On week nights I've got spare time to game. These challenges should be week long, not 3 days.

#28 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

There are always complains about challAnge rules, but let's admit this: while the win is a crappy condition if you drop in a crappy team, 1 k and 1 assist is toooooooo way easy to achieve, so WHY do you complain???

SO, if MM makes you win and lose 50-50% at least in puglandia, you must double your drop to achieve the point.
WHILE in this way, nope: quite every match you can have a k, playing well.
If you don't have at least 1 k ina a match.... man..... you really need to enhance your skills.....

edit: anyone remember that challenge weekend with ONLY assist needed to achieve points?
It was a nightmare!!!! 24 pilots only scretching mechs!!!!

I think it's been the only challenge I quitted to play after 4-5 matches.....

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 27 February 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#29 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:54 AM

yes people do the "grab a kill at any cost" thing they often run into a pointless situation and die, and the the game does not count because the team is losing by a nonsense sacrifice.

I did this as well, taking "some more risk" to get a kill, but I soon figured out on the bigger picture this makes the personal match experience worse and for the entire tema its just alos bad, and then when the team can not win you also don't get the score.

in the end, while a load harder, the, 1 assist, 1 kill, 1 win + survival event was way better, poeple actually played better, because the intent to survive was there, yet you needed an assist and kill, so even too defensive behavior was not brining you to the goal.

I would prefer to see these rules again, btu then with lower required points like:

2 points premium.
15 points the mech.

harder rules becaue challange, lower scores to limit the real needed grind.

this event is a casualised easy mode, bu hey, I am not complaining, just calling it challange is a but, LOL
I probably gonna try to do the entire event in an adder, because adder for the adder.

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 February 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#30 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:06 AM

I only vie for the things I want. I fight how I normally fight and let the points fall how they may.

#31 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:07 AM

Well it was only the win requirement that made it a challenge for me ( it is easy to get a kill without regard to personal survival ) This should be easy.

Although kills may become more difficult when I am not the only one with no regard for personal safety.

#32 Amardez

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:33 AM

View Postsneeking, on 27 February 2015 - 02:07 AM, said:

Well it was only the win requirement that made it a challenge for me ( it is easy to get a kill without regard to personal survival ) This should be easy.

Although kills may become more difficult when I am not the only one with no regard for personal safety.

There in lies my problem it encourages a stupid style of play where you can end up sinking a team when 4 -6 players do that and all round a cnr and get rolled over by the enemy team.

As for getting a Kill that depends on the type of mech that you play, spotters etc vanish on events like this as do other types of support mech as everyone seems to heavy/ assault up

I would much rather see then just giving you points for kill assits, kills, spots, counter ecm and the likes then just set a cap more suited to that, under said system anyone who plays should be getting points and a good number if they contribute, hence encouraging team play not encouraging a crazy head long charge.

I expect to see people jumping in running at the first easy target they see killing it if they can tapping another person then getting killed so they can start a new game .. ...

#33 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostAmardez, on 27 February 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

I would much rather see then just giving you points for kill assits, kills, spots, counter ecm and the likes then just set a cap more suited to that

Sounds good I agree, more than one point could be earned per match by good multi roll play required points could be in the hundreds and no derp farming would be required ( it would be slower to derp ) they have tried a variety of formulas perhaps at some point if they try this it may work.

But the current formula is the current formula and if you don't like it the best thing is to show through metrics how bad it makes us ( which I will do ) if it becomes advantageous to be well rounded then I shall reward them with better play.

#34 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:58 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 27 February 2015 - 01:54 AM, said:

yes people do the "grab a kill at any cost" thing they often run into a pointless situation and die, and the the game does not count because the team is losing by a nonsense sacrifice.

I did this as well, taking "some more risk" to get a kill, but I soon figured out on the bigger picture this makes the personal match experience worse and for the entire tema its just alos bad, and then when the team can not win you also don't get the score.

in the end, while a load harder, the, 1 assist, 1 kill, 1 win + survival event was way better, poeple actually played better, because the intent to survive was there, yet you needed an assist and kill, so even too defensive behavior was not brining you to the goal.

I would prefer to see these rules again, btu then with lower required points like:

2 points premium.
15 points the mech.

this event is a casualised easy mode, bu hey, I am not complaining, just calling it challange is a but, LOL
I probably gonna try to do the entire event in an adder, because adder for the adder.

The survival requirement disproportionately rewarded snipers and lrm boats, and the play was stiflingly boring. I quit that challenge after about 4-5 matches.

#35 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:02 AM

while a load harder, the, 1 assist, 1 kill, 1 win + survival event was way better, poeple actually played better,

^THIS^

That event has been my absolute favorite. best event ever.
A lot of good teamplay.

But, also, the highest QQ thread peak in the forum!!!
Which is sad.

#36 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:04 AM

Here's what I'll do: I don't want the Adder but I love Stalkers. I don't have the 4N. I'll just buy it , use the premium to level it and the extra cash from premium? We'll I am going to regard it as if they gave me a free Stalker :D

Edited by Catra Lanis, 27 February 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#37 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:06 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 27 February 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

^THIS^

That event has been my absolute favorite. best event ever.
A lot of good teamplay.

But, also, the highest QQ thread peak in the forum!!!
Which is sad.

yes because the solo pugs of course hated teampaly as a requirement. Ewwww online games with and vs other people.

#38 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:20 AM

OP -

Not being rude but even playing a support mech you should be getting a kill just to justify your position on the company because theres really not a "support" role in the game unless you mean an ECM/triple AMS Kitfox and even that carries ok firepower.

I had what I consider a bad run last weekend when I was playing hero IS mediums and fighting waves of clan mechs, firestarters and IS assaults. I did 48 battles with 27 wins of which 25 qualified. Over those 48 battles I killed 109 mechs, died 27 times and apparently got 209 assists. Looking at the kills in each match under the new rules 38 of those qualify.

On the good side I earned just over 15m c-bills aka over 312,500 c-bills per match on average last weekend farming with a +30% mech. ;)

#39 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

2 points premium.
15 points the mech.

The survival event was the most boring period in game. It literally rewarded cowardice......

#40 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:28 AM

View Postsneeking, on 26 February 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

So long as the prime variant isn't bay locked like the resistance primes, otherwise ill have to be careful not to achieve it.

You know that Customer Support will get rid of that mech for you right? The two people I know who went that route kept the mechbay as well and celebrated - it turns out this isn't IGP! ;)

Edited by Remarius, 27 February 2015 - 04:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users