ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 27 February 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

Ill take 25% to sensor range, 25% to target info gathering (which is a big deal imo) and a counter to ECM lights, over 10 kph, but thats just me. Its a bit easier to swallow on a clan mech however, only costing 1 ton.

Especially since those Clan Mechs don't have the option of going 10 kph faster? :rolleyes:

View PostDock Steward, on 27 February 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

It's called an implication. You made one. Many actually, but listen, I'm going to call it a night. I look forward to reading your self-aggrandizing hypocrisy in, well, pretty much every other thread. Night.

Posted Image

though I have a feeling someone will have to explain that to you....... :rolleyes:

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 February 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#62 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

Especially since those Clan Mechs don't have the option of going 10 kph faster? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I meant its easier to sacrifice 1 ton vs 1.5 in general. In the clans case, more armor or ammo.

Edited by SilentWolff, 27 February 2015 - 06:19 PM.

#63 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 27 February 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

Sorry, I meant its easier to sacrifice 1 ton vs 1.5 in general. In the clans case, more armor or ammo.

half the time, it's the two slots, I have trouble making room for.

#64 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

half the time, it's the two slots, I have trouble making room for.

Yep that too.

#65 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

BAP is free exp while you are leveling your mech up. Especially on a brawling build.

#66 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

@ Bishop

Yeah, I know, I said I was going to bed and I obviously haven't. Now I'M the liar...get over it.

You're trying pretty hard to make me look like an *ss here, so I don't think I'm out of line persisting in standing up for myself.

In my SECOND post, I said:

View PostDock Steward, on 27 February 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Perhaps the OP's build wouldn't make good use of BAP, but ...[yadda yadda yadda...argument that BAP can be useful on other mechs]

The fact that you kept arguing with me after that is a pretty strong indicator that you were, in fact, arguing against BAP in general, because what kind of dipsh*t would argue that BAP isn't useful on the OP's build with someone who had just said:

Perhaps the OP's build wouldn't make good use of BAP, but ...[yadda yadda yadda...argument that BAP can be useful on other mechs]
?

If you actually want to debate the merits of BAP in general, great. If you don't, fine. But don't sit there and make it sound like I'm arguing that the OP's build (which wasn't given at the time of my original post, the post that started this BS) is a prime example of a good use of BAP, when I specifically said:

And you criticize my reading comprehension...

Also:

View PostZwergonfire, on 27 February 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Specifically, I am stuck between an xl255 or an xl225 and BAP. It's for an enforcer, though it really doesn't matter. The speed difference is 90 kph or 80 kph.
I like using BAP, so I'm leaning that way. Which would you rather have or which one is objectively better?

Edit:
It's for the ENF-5P with 2x UAC-5, a ML, and 6 tons of ammo, in case the build matters.
http://goo.gl/8QCWns
http://goo.gl/WeK4VG

Edited by Dock Steward, 28 February 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#67 Zwergonfire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostZwergonfire, on 27 February 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

I do mostly PUGs but I still like messing up ECM. Since it's not really a brawler, faster info would be the difference between shooting at legs or center mass.
At 80kph, is that fast enough to effectively brawl? 90 would be better, but 80 isn't slow.

My first mech I ever bought was a CTF-4X so this is like its little brother. No room for BAP on that one for sure. Maybe I'll find that I'll need that space for ammo more than speed in any case. Might end up with the xl225 and am extra 1.5 tons of ammo instead.

@ Bishop and Dock

I think you guys might have missed this! :)

Got to running the "no BAP" version today. I think it's going to be the winner. I'm not running out of ammo and I have near max armo (also don't need jump jets)I love BAP but there is just no room for it on this build.

Now to figure out how to fire the damn UAC-5s without them jamming every other volley. I think there is some percentage in the jam mechanism if I wait the right amount of time before the second shot. Time to do some research!

Thanks everyone! Feel free to continue the discussion!

#68 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:16 AM

View PostZwergonfire, on 27 February 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

@ Bishop and Dock

I think you guys might have missed this! :)

Got to running the "no BAP" version today. I think it's going to be the winner. I'm not running out of ammo and I have near max armo (also don't need jump jets)I love BAP but there is just no room for it on this build.

Now to figure out how to fire the damn UAC-5s without them jamming every other volley. I think there is some percentage in the jam mechanism if I wait the right amount of time before the second shot. Time to do some research!

Thanks everyone! Feel free to continue the discussion!

I've always been a fan of chain firing 2 Uac's but the problem there is that it sort of encourages you to give the enemy a lot of face time. If you can curb the urge to just stand there and unload, chain firing helps quite a bit with the jamming.

#69 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:16 AM

View PostZwergonfire, on 27 February 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Don't double tap the fire key unless you really need the extra shot, and I wouldn't do it more than once.
The Enforcer, especially with a cooldown module, has enough reduction of the UAC5 cooldown time you can simply hold down the fire button and let it fire/recycle/fire/etc and get better DPS than trying to Ultra your shots and risk jams.

#70 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 27 February 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

On a 5P with dual UAC 5s, its better for the team if he's carrying more ammo.

Everything else posted is all well and good, but this here is the most correct response for "Is BAP's team benefit worth the weight/space on this particular ENF build" question.

Edited by Bagheera, 28 February 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#71 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostZwergonfire, on 27 February 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Specifically, I am stuck between an xl255 or an xl225 and BAP. It's for an enforcer, though it really doesn't matter. The speed difference is 90 kph or 80 kph.
I like using BAP, so I'm leaning that way. Which would you rather have or which one is objectively better?

Edit:
It's for the ENF-5P with 2x UAC-5, a ML, and 6 tons of ammo, in case the build matters.
http://goo.gl/8QCWns
http://goo.gl/WeK4VG

If you've unlocked speed tweak, it's better to run at 80kph and use the 1.5t for more UAC5 ammo. Honestly I'd drop the laser before anything else.

#72 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostBagheera, on 28 February 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Everything else posted is all well and good, but this here is the most correct response for "Is BAP's team benefit worth the weight/space on this particular ENF build" question.

Pretty much.

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostKevjack, on 28 February 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

If you've unlocked speed tweak, it's better to run at 80kph and use the 1.5t for more UAC5 ammo. Honestly I'd drop the laser before anything else.

even better to drop the UACs for AC5s, strap them both to one side, and go to town.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users