Feedback Issue

7 replies to this topic

#1 Damarus

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:10 AM

I've noticed a very strange bug that I started to experience a few patches ago.
It was remedied shortly thereafter but has resurfaced after the latest patch it seems.

The issue being, every few matches my FPS goes from a perfect 60 or so, to an unplayable
20 usually settling on 10. (Which then becomes a steady 6 FPS or so when under fire)

Restarting the client does not stop the issue, even the mechlab is affected. Other programs and games function as normal and this has only ever occurred during normal play of MWO. I'm hoping that this is an issue that is known as I'd like the comfort of knowing a fix was on the way at some point.

As someone who has seldom ever had problems running MWO this is rather frustrating as
this not only making me wasted tonnage, and a burden on my teammates, but cutting out on my ability to play the game whatsoever.

(Edit: I'm going to do a clean install of an older, known-to-be-stable Driver for my GPU, will report details after stress-testing)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[UPDATE]:

After a few matches the problem persists even with the change in drivers. I've played about 15 or so pug matches without issue, but the fourth group-match seems to have started it up again. I'm starting to think the problem may be more with the MWO client.

Edited by Damarus, 28 February 2015 - 08:10 PM.

#2 Damarus

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

So after extensive testing it seems I may have figured out my issue.
It is worth note that the Nvidia 347.52 Win(7/8)64bit Drivers for (Nvidia 500 series cards) seemed to be the root of the problem. (Causing general FPS performance issues as well as extreme FPS drops after prolonged play)

I've since then cleanly installed the 347.09 Win(7/8)64Bit Driver, which is an older 'Beta' driver. So far everything is in working order, with several matches played without any FPS drops whatsoever.

Edited by Damarus, 28 February 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#3 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostDamarus, on 28 February 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

So after extensive testing it seems I may have figured out my issue.
It is worth note that the Nvidia 347.52 Win(7/8)64bit Drivers for (Nvidia 500 series cards) seemed to be the root of the problem. (Causing general FPS performance issues as well as extreme FPS drops after prolonged play)

I've since then cleanly installed the 347.09 Win(7/8)64Bit Driver, which is an older 'Beta' driver. So far everything is in working order, with several matches played without any FPS drops whatsoever.

Interesting, I may have to check that out.
Mobile card or just regular 500 series?

#4 Damarus

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostBront, on 28 February 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Interesting, I may have to check that out.
Mobile card or just regular 500 series?

Just a regular 500 series.
An EVGA Manufactured Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 to be exact.

(However, people with Notebook Nvidia GPUs that are having issues might have to look into something called 'powermizer' which tends to cause problems not unlike what I've experienced. It is a program)

If you're using a Notebook/Laptop to play MWO and are suffering stuttering, low FPS, or even consistent driver failure, this may be the cause of your woes.

http://www.nvidia.co...powermizer.html
-
Also, to stem frustration before it starts:
http://forum.noteboo...eo-card.273276/

This link contains a brief tutorial and download for a simple program that will allow you to toggle powermizer on or off. Which was a godsend for my buddy who primarily uses his notebook for quick stints of gaming on the go.

Edited by Damarus, 28 February 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#5 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

Looks like Powermizer is an old issue and not a current one. No powermizer settings were found, and that program is from 2008.

#6 Damarus

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

Problem still persists, (seems to be linked to group matches for some reason.)

I know correlation does not always equate causation, but it does raise the question; If it is, somehow linked to Group matches, (which sounds unfeasible to be frank) what could the group queue/system be doing to cause such a drop in performance?

I had pug'd it out earlier for hours without issue. but as soon as I started playing in a group with my friends, every third or so match has been a disaster for my FPS/Performance.

Edited by Damarus, 28 February 2015 - 08:32 PM.

#7 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

Are you using teasmspeak or similar in the group?
That does add some extra load when people talking and may be pushing ram usage to the point where it starts disk caching.

#8 Damarus

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 01 March 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

Are you using teasmspeak or similar in the group?
That does add some extra load when people talking and may be pushing ram usage to the point where it starts disk caching.

Yeah, my Buddies and I use a personal TS3 server for all our gaming whatnot, it is entirely possible. However I'll have to monitor it on MSI's Afterburner. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary so far, no heat/voltage issues, RAM is well seated and seems to be working properly. My case's interior and fans are close to spotless as well.

I've noticed that when this does occur, it actually does affect any game I wish to play until a fresh restart is done, but only MWO seems to cause the issue. I'm pretty much grasping at straws here and taking jabs at what I can tweak to fix it.

There wouldn't happen to be a known memory leak or something would there?

Edited by Damarus, 01 March 2015 - 01:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users