12 replies to this topic

#1 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts
  • Location, location, location

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Just got out of the most heart-rending loss in CW I've yet experienced. I was in a PUG group attacking on Hellebore Springs. Our team destroyed 2 gens in the first push. The second push got the last one. Things were looking good.

Then our first push to take out Omega resulted in just me shooting omega. I was telling our team we needed to just push forward and take omega, but they were seemingly not listening. This surprised me, since the team had listened pretty good for a pug up until this point.

Now we were on our last push, it was this or nothing. We pushed through the beta gate, and I jumped over some hills to get to the back. Soon, me and only two other guys were shooting at the gen. We were getting hammered though.

"Hmm," I thought, "they just must not have been able to get here as fast as me since I jump jetted over everything."

I go down, and I go into spectate mode. I watch as the Omega bar goes down until I can no longer see the blue bar. I am waiting for all the mechs to stop moving and for the end of round screen to show. It doesn't.

I then look at what my teammates are doing, and there is a Dire Wolf shooting the front of the gun with everything he has. I come to the dreadful realization that the players that are still alive do not know where to shoot the gun.

So I frantically tell them over the mic that they need to shoot the BACK of the gun. But it was too late. The rest of the team died shooting all over the gun. By the time the match was over, I must have explained 10 times that there is a generator on the back of the gun that needs to be destroyed. Only around the ninth or tenth time did the people without mics start to say, "OHHHH... I thought I could shoot anywhere..." :mellow:

It was a decent PUG group that listened (for the most part), and it was a fun game. But good grief was that a painful thing to watch. I wish I had taken a screenshot, because you literally could not see the blue on the Omega health bar. Lol.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

#2 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostMalodorousMonkey, on 28 February 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

.....I then look at what my teammates are doing, and there is a Dire Wolf shooting the front of the gun with everything he has......

lol hahahahaa that made my day XD XD

#3 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Lol, yeah, at the time, I mostly felt dread, but it's pretty funny now. XD
He did learn at the end though that he was shooting the wrong thing, so that's good.

#4 Tenka

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

My god. ... LOL

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

This is... perfect.

The enemy:
"Guys, focus the DireWolf!"
"Wait, no... LOOK AT HIM! He's actually helping us! Protect him!"

#6 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

I remember watching this jenner shooting the gun instead of the truck thing on counter attack mode. I could sense his puzzlement as the bay doors still being closed.

I explained what to shoot in chat, then he cottoned on and started shooting the right thing. Then I typed your welcome and proceeded to gib his jenner in my streakcrow. :)

#7 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 01 March 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

I remember watching this jenner shooting the gun instead of the truck thing on counter attack mode. I could sense his puzzlement as the bay doors still being closed.

I explained what to shoot in chat, then he cottoned on and started shooting the right thing. Then I typed your welcome and proceeded to gib his jenner in my streakcrow. :)

XD
Yeah, I guess there's just a lot of people that don't read the dev posts on how the game modes work. I play this game quite a bit and follow things like that, so I guess it just doesn't make sense to me. People who play more casually don't get the memo apparently.

#8 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

This is why we need a short single player tutorial campaign where new players can figure out how different aspects of the game work. If PGI is really lazy, a solo ghost drop vs turrets on a CW map would let a newbie learn some of the CW mechanics.

#9 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 01 March 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

This is why we need a short single player tutorial campaign where new players can figure out how different aspects of the game work....

"Tutorials are black magic!"

Sincerely,
-The Devs

Edited by Molossian Dog, 01 March 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#10 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 01 March 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

This is why we need a short single player tutorial campaign where new players can figure out how different aspects of the game work. If PGI is really lazy, a solo ghost drop vs turrets on a CW map would let a newbie learn some of the CW mechanics.

I agree the game needs more tutorials for newbies. There really is a lot to learn about the game, and you're just kinda thrown into it when you start. I'm actually surprised that PGI hasn't put more of an effort into tutorials, since they themselves said that one of the problems has been player retention after the first few games. This was the reason given behind the introduction for third person view, so if they're willing to put in 3PV, I don't see why they wouldn't also be interested in creating more tutorials for different game modes, etc.

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

Anyone else have similar experiences?

yep

I play for hours and hours every day

#12 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostMalodorousMonkey, on 01 March 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

XD
Yeah, I guess there's just a lot of people that don't read the dev posts on how the game modes work. I play this game quite a bit and follow things like that, so I guess it just doesn't make sense to me. People who play more casually don't get the memo apparently.

VERY hard to find those posts unless you were here when the patch was released. The forums are not that easy to navigate even for a veteran like myself (doesn't help that they've changed them around many times as well). Finding that information is way more difficult than it should be, and clearly it isn't intuitive in-game either. My first match I also shot the gun, but luckily my first match was also a 12-0 ghost drop so I figured it out pretty fast.

#13 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

View PostFate 6, on 01 March 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

VERY hard to find those posts unless you were here when the patch was released. The forums are not that easy to navigate even for a veteran like myself (doesn't help that they've changed them around many times as well). Finding that information is way more difficult than it should be, and clearly it isn't intuitive in-game either. My first match I also shot the gun, but luckily my first match was also a 12-0 ghost drop so I figured it out pretty fast.

That's true, I hadn't thought about that. It is difficult to find relevant info on this website. Some form of consolidation for this kind of information would be helpful to new people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users