Are The Founder's Mech Colors Still Off, Or Is It Just Me?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

I remember a patch that happened over a year ago which broke the Founder's Mechs default colors. This patch made them the wrong shades of blue I think. Well, right after this happened a hotfix came out to "fix" the problem. I remember looking at my mechs post-patch and thinking that the colors still werent right, especially on the Jenner.

The new shade of blue seemed to be way too dark. I'm looking at my catapault(F) right now after leaving it green for 9+ months, just switched it to the default Founder's colors, and the shade of blue still seems to be way off. Did PGI never correctly fix it, or is my memory wrong? Is it something that people haven't really griped about because it's a very small % of users that experience this problem, and at this point most Founder's probably don't care?

I ask because my memory sucks, but I swear that the Founder's mechs were supposed to be a really cool-looking baby blue that made them look like some kind of early prototype.
Comparing the colors here to the color of my Catapault in-game seems to make me think that I'm right. The yellow and blue are off, and the white is a little too bright.

Screenshot from 5 mins ago for comparison:
Posted Image

It actually looks okay in that screenshot, so I took another better one. The light shines directly on the side torso, really showing how much darker the blue seems to me at least:
Posted Image

Quick note, I think the Hunchback shown in the Founder's link is post-patch. If anyone has a saved screenshot of any Founder's mechs before that one patch, I'd appreciate it. Trying to decide on how bad my eyes/memory are.

Edited by Pezzer, 28 February 2015 - 01:35 AM.

#2 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

Hmm, found an older screenshot of the side torso from another post
Posted Image

The paint looks lighter to me at least, but he may have the side torso selected in ui1.0 causing it to light up.

#3 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

that was the price we had to pay for the ability to recolor the mechs. So paint it whatever you want; rusty green, rusty blue, rusty red, rusty grey or rusty rust.

#4 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

View Post627, on 28 February 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

that was the price we had to pay for the ability to recolor the mechs.

I thought that recoloring had been in for a while when this bug happened? It was just a weird thing that happened with the code. Or was this the same patch that allowed us to recolor the Founder's mechs in particular?

Edited by Pezzer, 28 February 2015 - 03:37 AM.

#5 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

When they made Founders mechs recolorable they changed the tint of the blue for whatever reason. It wasn't a bug. As each mech was made recolorable (they did them one at a time, not all in a single patch) the blue was darkened.

#6 Michael Abt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

Try out "Goluboy" blue, the colour you are able to win at 60/80 from current challenge. The default yellow i replaced with "Gamboge".

#7 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:02 AM

Yeah the colors are a bit muted.

Still, I don't mind it too much as it works well for the paint scheme's on all my mechs except my atlas. my founders atlas ends up looking muddy as all hell, and any black thrown on it, ends up looking greyish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users