No replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

The clans have ridiculous firepower, and the current CW maps reinforce that superiority. If I was a commander of an IS unit would I think to engage them under the current CW conditions? No.

The IS has the advantage in light mechs and, oddly enough, missiles. This makes the IS, counter intuitively, better suited for hit-and-run tactics. Unfortunately there are no hit-and-run maps in CW.

But there are in public play. And that is why I wish Russ would change his stance of "we will have different maps and play modes for CW". Here are a few reasons.

If CW is the cornerstone public play should prepare you for it.

The public maps could be tailored for different strategic game modes, the objectives are already built in. Take the radio tower in Forest Colony as one small example, or take/defend the dropship site in Caustic, etc. And some o the public maps would let the IS use hit and run tactics.

Planets are won by taking cities, not orbital cannons. Cut and paste to make River City ten times bigger and you could have ten simultaneous queues representing taking/defending city.

Lastly, it would add flavor. Hard to believe every planet in the universe has the same objectives with the same terrain. That is probably the biggest letdown. Learn to create terrains and skin maps and we might have somewhat of an immersive background to this game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users