Will We Ever Be Able To Save And Load Mech Load Outs?

Loadout

16 replies to this topic

#1 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

So yeah like the title says will this ever be a feature? Would be really nice to not have to re build a mech everytime you want to change some thing (especially for CW build, 1v1 build, regular game build). Could even cost MC or cbills for a money sink. Have a certain number of slots come with each account or mech or mechbay and any more would cost MC/cbill.

Edited by dario03, 01 March 2015 - 11:33 PM.

#2 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

there's a workaround for this, just buy the mech a second time and you can now save 2 loadouts!

And this stacks, for ever mech duplicate you buy, you can save another loadout!

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:18 AM

View Post627, on 02 March 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

there's a workaround for this, just buy the mech a second time and you can now save 2 loadouts!

And this stacks, for ever mech duplicate you buy, you can save another loadout!

All part of Paulconomy. ;)

#4 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 02 March 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

All part of Paulconomy. ;)

I bet they could get more MC spent if this wasn't the only way though. Some people will buy multiples of the same mech but tons of people are not going to, especially for a bunch of mechs.

#5 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

The true costs of a cbill mech are 300MC, nothing more. That is the only way for PGI to earn money here. Grinding CBills generates no income for PGI.

Saving loadouts is interesting but in the end it just means you don't need that many lasers/engines/guns, so another cbill sink gone. Doubt it will happen but who knows.

What I would like to have (back) are the ready mechs, where you can mark 4 mechs as favorites and chose them from the start page. Would pay MC for those shortcuts every day.

#6 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:43 AM

View Post627, on 02 March 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

Saving loadouts is interesting but in the end it just means you don't need that many lasers/engines/guns, so another cbill sink gone. Doubt it will happen but who knows.

You can already just strip mechs when not using them. And if the save/load was put in then you would need to have the parts already or pay for them just like it is now.

#7 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

View Postdario03, on 02 March 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

You can already just strip mechs when not using them. And if the save/load was put in then you would need to have the parts already or pay for them just like it is now.

But you can save a loadout with and without engine, so swapping engines would be really easy.

And from a technical view... the UI we have now is not able to show me, which engines or modules are installed in my mechs without going into config.

The whole UI is a mess, since its release. I doubt PGI can actually add such a feature without coding the whole thing again from scratch.

don't get me wrong, I would like that feature, too. But I just have doubts we'll ever see it.

#8 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:16 AM

Swapping engines is really easy already. Just like modules just don't keep them in mechs when not using them. I swap engines all the time. I only have a few duplicate engines and thats mostly because they came with mechs. But stuff like the xl285 I only have one but use it in like 5 mechs. This would take some of the tedious work out (the whole point) but it would cost money to do so. Pay for convenience.

#9 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

MWO's front end is probably the worst game interface ever conceived. While this is understandable for a new company, the lack of any real improvement for the past 3 years is really baffling for me. Even EVE Online's interface is more user friendly and that is a game that has layers upon layers of complexity. I used to think stuff like working keyboard shortcuts, cutting down the confirmation dialog boxes after every change, saving loadouts, adding search/sort feature for modules, items, etc. should be top priority for PGI, but it seems they follow a bit different business model intent to making our lives as miserable as possible...

#10 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:16 AM

View Postdario03, on 01 March 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

So yeah like the title says will this ever be a feature? Would be really nice to not have to re build a mech everytime you want to change some thing (especially for CW build, 1v1 build, regular game build). Could even cost MC or cbills for a money sink. Have a certain number of slots come with each account or mech or mechbay and any more would cost MC/cbill.

Wasn't this covered in the last town hall? Check No Guts, No Galaxy for details put I'm pretty sure its in the "coming eventually" pile.

#11 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 02 March 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

Wasn't this covered in the last town hall? Check No Guts, No Galaxy for details put I'm pretty sure its in the "coming eventually" pile.

They mention the smurfy style update to the mechlab coming soon (I think they even gave a time frame, April maybe.). But I don't recall any mention of saving and loading load outs. If they did then awesome but I'm pretty sure they didn't.

#12 Roadbuster

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

@ OP

That's like asking for the "back" button to really bring you to the previous screen when checking mech hardpoints in the "purchaseable" tab of the mechlab.
You expect way too much. :P

#13 HammerForge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

I don't remember anything about saving loadouts specifically, but he say that he is looking to be able to change load outs with a file upload. Based on that, I would assume that they will give a way to create such a file, and might even publish the specs so that a site like Smurfy can create the file as well. So while he didn't say you can save builds...he sort of did. Although I don't know if that was in the April time frame.

#14 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

The MWO UI is a huge mess and has actually driven me away from the game before because I found it so frustrating. I've been playing more lately, but it is in spite of the horrible UI and I am only playing a handful of my 62 mechs because switching is so aggravating.

UI 2.0 was the biggest disappointment of this game so far. I really don't know what they were thinking, if PGI actually believes it is good or if they just said that to try to get player buy in because it was the best they could do at the time. Frankly, I believe a brain damaged orangutan could design a better UI and it is shameful that the UI is still in the state it is in at this point. PGI has made a lot of improvements and I know they have made some cash off the mech pack sales. It is time to invest some dev time into the UI again or players from Steam are just going to laugh at this game.

#15 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

+1

#16 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostRoadbuster, on 02 March 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

@ OP

That's like asking for the "back" button to really bring you to the previous screen when checking mech hardpoints in the "purchaseable" tab of the mechlab.
You expect way too much. :P

But I want both!!! I know, I'm a greedy SoB.

Edited by Zekester81, 02 March 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#17 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostHammerForge, on 02 March 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

I don't remember anything about saving loadouts specifically, but he say that he is looking to be able to change load outs with a file upload. Based on that, I would assume that they will give a way to create such a file, and might even publish the specs so that a site like Smurfy can create the file as well. So while he didn't say you can save builds...he sort of did. Although I don't know if that was in the April time frame.

I'll have to check that part again. I don't recall hearing that but I was playing the game while listening to some parts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users