34 replies to this topic

#21 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

I'm looking forward to those clan quirks. Maybe they can make the bad clan mechs a little more viable. I'd love to have a good reason to take my Mist Lynx and Gargoyle back out, or have extra incentive to jump back into my Ice Ferret. Heck, if my Kitfoxes get some good quirks, I've been itching to run them again.

Mechs that don't need quirks? Stormcrows, Timberwolves, Direwolves. Obviously the Holy Trinity.

Mechs that need quirks? The rest of the clan lineup, with the possible exception of the Hellbringer. (No JJ and a large mech though...)

#22 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 02 March 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

Mechs that need quirks? The rest of the clan lineup, with the possible exception of the Hellbringer. (No JJ and a large mech though...)

For the Loki, I'd give some sort of quirks to the Alt A and Alt B left torsos, while not touching any other pods.

Well, maybe the Prime and Alt B heads that don't get a laser beam, but those are a lower priority?

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 02 March 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

I don't understand the reasoning behind making the GRF-1S the champion. I'm not really sure about after quirks since I rarely see Griffins thanks to the Doomcrow being available, but last I played them the GRF-1S was the worst of the set. 1N or 3M would be much better set as a champion.

That Thunderbolt-9SE Champion and Raven-3L Champion is designed so well... Oh wai....

#24 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,669 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 02 March 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

That Thunderbolt-9SE Champion and Raven-3L Champion is designed so well... Oh wai....

Well the 3L is/was the best of the Ravens (don't know anything about post-quirks because I still don't care about the Raven), even if the configuration included was poorly designed.
The TDR-9SE was a little bit weird since it was added after the birth of the Thunderwub and possibly the ER Thunderbolt (too lazy to confirm)? Though all Thunderbolts are at least ok now imo, even the 5S (Gauss + 3 LL = decent fun). Still not really a bad choice of variant.

The SDR-5K, SHD-2D, and QKD-4G rank along the same lines of the GRF-1S choice.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 02 March 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#25 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

I know Russ said on twitter that Summoner and Adder where being worked on for a quirk pass currently. That leaves mediums and assaults

#26 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

View PostTuku, on 02 March 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

I know Russ said on twitter that Summoner and Adder where being worked on for a quirk pass currently. That leaves mediums and assaults

So maybe Gargoyle and Nova/Ferret.

Warhawk is pretty good already, could use some help but it can hold its own pretty well.
The only other medium between those 2 is the Crow and well...

#27 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostBrody319, on 02 March 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Clans getting quirks will probably be Summoner, Lynx, Ferret, and Gargoyle. Assuming they stick to 1 per weight class.

possibly Adder instead of the Gargoyle if they are willing to double up on a weight class. since these mechs don't have the hardpoints to exploit quirks to an extreme.

Reckon summoner definitely since Madcats are most popular clan heavies, prob then the Nova due to popularity of Stormcrow. Torn between the lynx and adder, prob lynx due to its weight and definitely the gargoyle since its the most derped assault..

#28 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

I don't think the Summoner needs quirks as badly as some of the other mechs. I've seen a decent number of them in CW today, and they really don't preform as badly as some people say they do. They still need a good amount of help of course, but not as much as some of the other mechs you guys have mentioned.

#29 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

When will we get the faction camo for Wave 1?

#30 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

When will AS7-S and CN9-AH come out for C-bills? I want to pick up the AS7.

On the quirks, I'm betting:
IS:
Awesome, maybe Highlander, maybe Battlemaster.
Catapult. Crossing my fingers on this one. Maybe Quickdraw 4G/4H.
Vind/BJ-1DC. Esp 1DC since many complained on it. Maybe Kintaro.
Locusts, Commandoes, Spiders for sure if they do by weight class.

Clan:
Adder. Actually in all honesty it's strong. Can hold it's own in comparison to Lynx, but we had previous challenge.
Ferret/Lynx. These guys are struggling.
Gargoyle. Doesn't pack as much punch as supposedly.
Possibly Nova/Summoner, but both are decent atm. Not super powerful, but decent enough.

#31 -=Heloc=-

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

Just a random idea that popped into my head while I was reading the road map.

I wonder if it would work well for Russ's team to adopt a "tick-tock" cadence to their patches (a'la Intel CPUs) where we get a "tick" patch that is mostly or all bug fixes and a "tock" patch two weeks later that is more focused on content.

I think it would give some predictability to the patches and since new patches often introduce new bugs I think it could help his team be more efficient since they'd really be able to focus one thing at a time (at least more than if they're trying to put some of both into every patch.

I think it would also FEEL like they were fixing more bugs and delivering more content to get all of March's new content in one patch and all of March's bug fixes in another. And, at least with the clan 'mechs, when become available to purchase for c-bills, that feels like new content to a lot of people anyways.

#32 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

New Pilot Model
We need to see models in bike shorts and actual cooling vests, not the space suits you’re putting them in. Come on, guys, some research into how MechWarrior’s actually dress on the battlefield would be nice, please? I’m not suggesting that female models dressed like Natasha Kerensky in the cockpit, or most Clan Warriors, even, be done, but MechWarrior Jump Suits are EXTREMELY RARE in the universe.

New Team Kill / Team Damage automatic moderation
With LRM boats, this sometimes happens, especially when you have MechWarrior’s going toe-to-toe with one-another and we LRM guys are trying to assist. I think you’re going to find out fairly quickly that you’re going to have to back this off somewhat, especially for long range indirect fire. I am an expert LRM-‘Mech driver and I have gotten, recently, anywhere between 0 and 250 incidental damage; no one said stop, I saw the red triangle, so I kept shooting. What are you going to do in those instances? Russ was saying, at the latest Town Hall, that sometimes there’s going to be team damage, but we boaters don’t always see the target we’re firing at.

#33 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

why was a 1 year old thread bumped?

#34 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

MEDIOCRE

Just kidding, I havnt even looked yet. :)

This game can be the best ever if they ever get around to it.

#35 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:58 PM

Holy Necro Batman!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users