• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostNovawrecker, on 06 March 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Sure Pwn, TAKE away our fun ...

;)

I think that went out the window two pages ago.

#104 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostDavers, on 06 March 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Please leave me out of the conversation. I am tired of how Marik handles it's diplomacy and have not participated in CW in several weeks. The nSL, which I vehemently argued against, has become everything Kurita claimed it was. The FRR, whose defence I championed, has been ignored by Marik- hell, Liao has probably sent 10x the units to help than Marik. While there are lots of great people in Marik, I think we have handled CW about as poorly as we could have; our only redeeming act was staying true to our CF with Liao.

The nSL drained any fun away from fighting Steiner or Davion. Our dealings with Kurita, a former ally, is reproachable.

Maybe next time we will do it right.

Here's the problem - Davion is never going to get back to fighting Marik like it used to. It's pointless, same with fighting Liao. If there are 60 people on the Davion TS and ready to drop and there are 24 Marik and 24 Liao waiting for ghost drops on Davion borders but everything else is quiet....

most the Davion pilots will go pug queue. Attacking Marik is no different than defending Marik. Gets the faction absolutely nowhere save not losing a world.

You're going to find the same issue with Steiner. They have multiple Clan borders. They're never going to have an interest in going all in on Marik; it's literally just wasted time. They may as well go pug and grind cbills.

Liao is in an even worse situation. They have one border they can fight on and it leads them nowhere relevant and is fighting an enemy who has even less interest in fighting them.

So now what?

Marik fighting Kurita until the map reset is probably the best possible thing Marik can do, it's going to get you guys hard practice, regular drops and good training for fighting the Clans. Kurita has the players and the competitive teams to make those fights hard and educational.

I do not ever forsee another Marik/Davion war like the first month of CW. May as well go drop group queue, you're just wasting time to grind cbills. Steiner.... you're never going to have a big 'war' with Steiner. They will always have more important fish to fry. If you want to do something other than drop against pugs and turrets you're going to need to go in against the Clans. Right now you also have a Kurita border and they're *happy* to give you all the fights you want. Get good enough to rock with Kurita and you'll be in a good place to help FRR after the next map reset. Right now you guys have been grinding turrets and pugs for 8 weeks. Fat and slow :P Time to lift and bulk up.

#105 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 March 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Fat and slow :P Time to lift and bulk up.

You calling me fat? you said time. don't you know that summons the dark avenger of justice?

#106 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Here's the problem - Davion is never going to get back to fighting Marik like it used to. It's pointless, same with fighting Liao. If there are 60 people on the Davion TS and ready to drop and there are 24 Marik and 24 Liao waiting for ghost drops on Davion borders but everything else is quiet....

most the Davion pilots will go pug queue. Attacking Marik is no different than defending Marik. Gets the faction absolutely nowhere save not losing a world.

You're going to find the same issue with Steiner. They have multiple Clan borders. They're never going to have an interest in going all in on Marik; it's literally just wasted time. They may as well go pug and grind cbills.

Liao is in an even worse situation. They have one border they can fight on and it leads them nowhere relevant and is fighting an enemy who has even less interest in fighting them.

So now what?

Marik fighting Kurita until the map reset is probably the best possible thing Marik can do, it's going to get you guys hard practice, regular drops and good training for fighting the Clans. Kurita has the players and the competitive teams to make those fights hard and educational.

I do not ever forsee another Marik/Davion war like the first month of CW. May as well go drop group queue, you're just wasting time to grind cbills. Steiner.... you're never going to have a big 'war' with Steiner. They will always have more important fish to fry. If you want to do something other than drop against pugs and turrets you're going to need to go in against the Clans. Right now you also have a Kurita border and they're *happy* to give you all the fights you want. Get good enough to rock with Kurita and you'll be in a good place to help FRR after the next map reset. Right now you guys have been grinding turrets and pugs for 8 weeks. Fat and slow :P Time to lift and bulk up.

Why is it a waste of time? Why is any fight where you can possibly win, and learn, and earn cbills to equip yourself better a waste of time? Does everything have to be about the clans? You're right about fighting Kurita being a good learning opportunity, but I honestly don't get Davion's approach. Use your wins to supply the cbills you need instead of grinding your face against coordinated clan teams with pug drops. Fight people for fun and use your experience to learn how to coordinate and get stronger. Like Goku, but with robots.

The clans are tough. Or at least the jags and presumably the falcons are. Rather than give up and pug drop why not use any chance you can get to learn how your units can git gud and fight them on more equal terms? This goes double for southern houses, whose options are limited if they want to find opponents.

#107 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 06 March 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

personal*

personnel would be all the Mariks that are dying in their mechs.

die, clanner

#108 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 06 March 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Why is it a waste of time? Why is any fight where you can possibly win, and learn, and earn cbills to equip yourself better a waste of time? Does everything have to be about the clans? You're right about fighting Kurita being a good learning opportunity, but I honestly don't get Davion's approach. Use your wins to supply the cbills you need instead of grinding your face against coordinated clan teams with pug drops. Fight people for fun and use your experience to learn how to coordinate and get stronger. Like Goku, but with robots.

The clans are tough. Or at least the jags and presumably the falcons are. Rather than give up and pug drop why not use any chance you can get to learn how your units can git gud and fight them on more equal terms? This goes double for southern houses, whose options are limited if they want to find opponents.

If I need cbills I can pug drop. I don't actually need cbills though.

Also Davion rarely has enough players in a single unit to drop together. Many units comprise mostly players who are not really interested in GIT GUD, just playing big stompy robots. Even beyond that we had a long stretch of dropping on the same worlds back and forth while the map changed little, if anything. Boredom with dropping the same matches against the same people on the same worlds is no small part what probably drove some people to drop against Kurita, if only for giggles.

You're hitting on a huge disconnect in CW itself. Some people want to get better, want to win more often, want to build a unit of folks who goes out and wins matches because winning is more fun than losing and want to build and refine mech and deck setups that win matches. You also have a sizable group of people who just want to drop for giggles, take LRM boats and snipers and pug the Clan border to farm cbills even if they ensure their teams loss, who want to play mechs they are leveling up and find 'fun' even if they lose and try to force those mechs to actually play well in CW (even when they absolutely do not and never will).

A big part of the trouble with CW is you have both people playing against each other with predictable results.

#109 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 06 March 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

die, clanner

yeah....it's lost it's touch. overuse.

#110 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

So now what?

I think you misunderstand me. I am not upset that we are fighting Kurita. I am upset that I cannot say we are 'at war with Kurita' since Marik apparently wants to 'back into' wars or use sneak attacks rather than just state it's intentions to an opponent who was an ally. The war could have been handled honourably, instead it feels like we went to war because 1. nSL Apologists and 2. inept forum warriors who couldn't handle the hot game NKVA was spitting. ;)

#111 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 06 March 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

funny you of all people saying anything has lost its touch

#112 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 06 March 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

funny you of all people saying anything has lost its touch

Considering you don't know me, yup. SPOT ON </sarcasm>

#113 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 06 March 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

I think that went out the window two pages ago.

Not really, but "eh"

Refer to above ;)

#114 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

Die, clanner.

#115 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 06 March 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Considering you don't know me, yup. SPOT ON </sarcasm>

ha ha I've seen enough of your insane hard on for prophetic and your constant whining about NS and NKVA to make a pretty clear judgment about the kind of guy you are. You're another roadbeer level scrub who can't make the cut and knows it.

#116 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 06 March 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

ha ha I've seen enough of your insane hard on for prophetic and your constant whining about NS and NKVA to make a pretty clear judgment about the kind of guy you are. You're another roadbeer level scrub who can't make the cut and knows it.

Thanks for the laugh. I haven't heard anything funny today.

#117 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 06 March 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

ha ha I've seen enough of your insane hard on for prophetic

#118 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 06 March 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

This is the kind of stupid scrub tier post that people like you make. Ha ha I am rubber and you are glue, ha ha I'm not crying about NS and NKVA because i'm a bitter loser, ha ha these tears aren't because i'm pathetic and i know it i just have something in my eye ok

#119 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 06 March 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

#120 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 06 March 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

that's a mirror you're looking into.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users