3 replies to this topic

#1 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth America West

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

So I'm not that knowledgeable on MW history, but aren't there Mercenary factions in the Inner Sphere? I'm not 100% sure what time period we're supposed to be playing in, but aren't there a bunch of them? Like Wolf's Dragoons, or the Black Thorns, or the Northwind Highlanders. There are other mercenary factions as per cannon but I don't know them all, nor do I know if it makes sense to include them in the game given the time period.

Just a suggestion. I've got more of these suggestions to make regarding the MW historia that I know of, but that will come in due time.

#2 tripsangel

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA, WA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

well the current system uses "contracts" to deal with mercenary faction choices... though personally it would be nice to know who is a mercenary/lonewolf, and who is a permanent faction member...

so it's not like those options of "canon" mercenary factions can be used in the current system.. .unless of course it has a system for determining there own faction contracts...
ex: join wolfs dragoons faction choice, it chooses for the players under its faction which contracts WD's take... which means no choice for the players... but it would effectively get them a particular mercenary faction choice...

#3 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Here:

As shown in the video, originally there were supposed to be three separate "Lives." Merc Life was one of them, and would allow pilots to obtain their own Merc Loyalty Points until they eventually reached Wolf's Dragoon's Status.

So far, there aren't any signs of PGI making good on this yet, but since CW is still in Beta, I've got faith that they will eventually move towards the originally described system as time and resources permit.

#4 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

From the first Battletech game rule book(the one with the unseen Shadow hawk on it) there are a few Mercs that should still be around unless stated otherwise in cannon.

these are from around 3020's
anyways I will list them now.

Hansen's Roughriders
The Eridani Light Horse
Wolf's Dragoons
The 21st Centauri Lancers
Lindon's Company

I would love to see mercs in the game and I mean real mercs along with the MRBC which would govern the Mercs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users