Mission Accomplished - Cw Is Dead.

86 replies to this topic

#1 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

The forums are ablaze with the current status of CW - CW is Dead.

Posted Image

...more likely many players are studying for final exams. Cya on the flip side.
Let's get a map reset at a better time for the summer - after Memorial Day.

Edited by CruiseMissileCowboy, 09 May 2015 - 05:56 AM.

#2 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:40 AM

0/10

Ineffective troll post is ineffective.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:46 AM

Not dead but sure is hurting. I really hope they give rewards to factions who own planets soon. Give us a reason to fight for them.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 May 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#4 CruiseMissileCowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 09 May 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Not dead but sure is hurting. I really hope they give rewards to factions who own planets soon. Give us a reason to fight for them.

It has more to do with the lack of balance; allowing merc units to take Clan contracts has created great imbalances in the game.
PGI will have to limit the number of merc units, or extend the amount of time between faction changes to a month.

#5 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostCruiseMissileCowboy, on 09 May 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

It has more to do with the lack of balance; allowing merc units to take Clan contracts has created great imbalances in the game.
PGI will have to limit the number of merc units, or extend the amount of time between faction changes to a month.
Marik forces of just pugs with drop commandors have beaten every 12 man group atleast once. We don't do it often on a few of the high end teams but it can be done. You just have to stay away from random pugs. If people don't have the time to join a group and download teamspeak they're not going to have the time to listen. All it takes is 2 Rambo players to get a team rolled.

Problem I have now is people are burned out on playing cw. They don't see a reason to play right now.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 May 2015 - 07:03 AM.

#6 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

I agree that mercs should have to stay a min of a month and there should be a time break when they switch contracts of at least 24 to 48 hours before they can start playing CW again to limit the bouncing around that we see.

#7 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

I would also draw a line between IS nations and Clan... clans :D so that units may bounce between sub-factions as they do now but only cross the Great Houses/Clan/Word of Blake/Republic of the Sphere line once in a month or two for a steep price. That would level the playing field as it is now and would also be much more true to the lore and common sense, since these are two fundamentally different systems, even in tech, and transition between them should be anything but trivial and spurious.

#8 Rugarou

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 429 posts
  • LocationDown da bayou...

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:20 AM

So the reason CW is at a low point is due to mercs? This is your reasoning? *shakes head sadly* Get better organized and the mercs won't be as much of a problem. Stop blaming your losing and low CW participation on groups who play highly organized and competitively.

#9 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

#1 reason nobody want to play CW anymore: new maps are garbage

Emerald Taiga = worst map I ever play in any game

Vitric Forge = another trash map

And this after Hellebore and Grim Portico, two more bad maps.

Don't kid self. Reason I stop playing CW is don't feel like play Taiga for 2 straight hours.

#10 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostTasker, on 09 May 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

#1 reason nobody want to play CW anymore: new maps are garbage

Emerald Taiga = worst map I ever play in any game

Vitric Forge = another trash map

And this after Hellebore and Grim Portico, two more bad maps.

Don't kid self. Reason I stop playing CW is don't feel like play Taiga for 2 straight hours.

May I ask what you hate about Grim Portico? Mind you I am not saying you're wrong; I am just asking what bothers you about that map because my experiences with it have been generally positive. And compared to other CW maps I would even say super-highly positive - but that is only in comparison to, say, the Taiga, which is not that difficult to do.

#11 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

****** meat grinder that favor defending team even more than Boreal.

Is map that force attacking team to trudge through funnel from which can be shot by defenders with near impunity. Bad map design. Encourage pug team to sit back and do nothing when on attack or counter attack.

Edited by Tasker, 09 May 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#12 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

My suggestion is simple:

make on planet view an standard match like attack button.

You choose to search match as a GRUNT DROP or SPECIAL UNIT DROP

GRUNT DROP: You play standard maps with standard game modes randomly
SPECIAL UNIT DROP: You play Invasion game mode aka CW as it is right now (you can respawns, bases etc.)

SPECIAL UNIT DROPS counts 20(?)x more to planet control as a GRUNT DROP. (So SPECAIL UNIT DROPS have
a great impact for planet occupation)
Planet slots have to be increased then to make it work properly with said match system and higher player numbers.
Team and solo players mixed servers in CW is then a must.Only given restrictin for attack faction must be House only.

This way pug players coud also join CW and the fight for the galaxy and their desired faction.
Believe me, it woud be awesome to have the planets populatet and the borders contestet day and night how it shoud be. ;)

#13 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

I'm surprised anyone still plays CW at all.

1) Terrible map designs that focus on funneling targets through chokepoints where they can be picked off easily

2) One single objective, over and over again

3) Poor maps + stationary objective combine to produce a static, repetitive game mode. In short, maps can be "solved" with ideal tactics and drop decks, rapidly killing any interest in the game mode. The Public queue lacks this problem since while maps may have better and worse strategies, there's no fixed objective that must be attacked or defended, nor are there locked, highly predictable drop decks.

4) Absolutely no attempt to balance the matches via skill or anything else. Casuals and PUG's get to enjoy face-checking buzzsaws of 12-mans; because everyone likes to wait 15 minutes to play a game that's basically over in 5. Meanwhile, some of the "elite teams" are loving the free wins this hands them - because "skillz" - while other mid-tier players give up in disgust because too much time is spent rolling or being rolled.

CW is a repetitive embarrassment of a game mode played out on horribly designed maps to win planets that ultimately mean absolutely nothing.

Why play?

Edited by oldradagast, 10 May 2015 - 05:05 AM.

#14 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

CW will continue to have a low population until there are many more things to do in there. There are many different kinds of players in MWO, but CW, now, caters to one type of player.

CW players being [surats] about it only make it worse. By all means keep being {Richard Cameron} about it, you're only doom your precious game mode.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 11 May 2015 - 03:16 PM.
Language

#15 Rugarou

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 429 posts
  • LocationDown da bayou...

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostApnu, on 10 May 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

CW players being d-bags about it only make it worse. By all means keep being {Richard Cameron} about it, you're only doom your precious game mode.

The players i see being dbags in CW are the pugs the vast majority of the time. The organized units are generally pretty classy, except for 1-2 of the smaller ones and 1 of the larger ones. But then again my unit mainly attacks planets over on the Kurita/JF border. No idea really what the units who mainly stay on the east/rimward (?) side of the map are like.

#16 z3a1ot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

I play solo 99,9% of the time and would like to play CW more than im playing it now. I don't mind fighting premades, that doesn't turn me down that much although it can be painful sometimes. What turns me down is long waiting times to just get into a match.

Seriously the way we play CW now is too much time consuming just to get a game and too complicated. It should be simple as Assault, Conquest or Skirmish we have already. We should be able to just click "Play Now" button and opt in for CW if we want just like the rest of the game mods. If we get a CW match devs should then make a separate screen in which we choose which map to attack or defend or something similar (its all up to the devs).

#17 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 09 May 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

[redacted]

There have been like 3 aim bot hackers since the game went from beta to live. Where are the hacker dominations?

You might want to try moving, and torso twisting more often.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 11 May 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#18 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

I'm seeing more people on the Lyran boarders during my afternoon, but its 24 people instead of around 12-18.

So while its an improvement its still in the critical fail department, and on life support.

Its a waste of time making more maps, while it makes it a little more interesting for the pitiful few that play CW, it is not going to draw people into it, and when steam arrives, its still going to fail as the alleged new influx of players will go cool! join it, suck bad and still not play it, as there will be the experienced and them, so numbers might go up for a week or two and then drop back into level pitiful.

What CW needs is something that can only be got there, camo, decals, not some pointless star captain, or ober lietenant floating over their heads, would you rather grind for days of stomp for a mech bay or spend a few dollars and but 4or 5 the MC is so minimal its not worth the effort unless your one of the people in a big team, that plays, there is nothing in CW to make people want to play.

Its like going on an Everquest Boss Raid and being awarded the same things that drop off an orc in a zone.

This and only this, or something of similar worth, that can only be won by playing CW is what will bring people in numbers to make CW worth while.

But its just so PGI, they make a thing and regard content as an optional extra, which if it ever arrives, get here two years to late

Edited by Cathy, 10 May 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#19 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 10 May 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

There have been like 3 aim bot hackers since the game went from beta to live. Where are the hacker dominations?

You might want to try moving, and torso twisting more often.

Thing is while three have been caught, there will be more, some sad gits have so little self worth, they have to cheat at computer games to feel good.

Its good that PGI are catching them and admitting they are here now, but it does open the gates to floods of baseless accusations, because some 'child' can't take losing.

Edited by Cathy, 10 May 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#20 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostCathy, on 10 May 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

it does open the gates to floods of baseless accusations, because some 'child' can't take losing.

That's what I was commenting on. The game isn't dominated by these "hackers", and cheaters. Not even close.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users