Builds For On1-K And As7

1 reply to this topic

#1 Capnflintlock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

Didn't know where to put this at it touches upon two different mechs weights.

I was fooling around with both my orion, which is one of my favorite mechs, and the AS7, which is essentially the big brother of the on1-k. Upon testing a variety of builds, I found one that absolutely demolishes everything in my path.

For the orion, I mount x2 ppcs, AC10 (2 tons), Lrm 15 (2 tons), Srm 6 (1 ton)
For the AS7 I mount, x2 ppcs, AC20 (4 tons),x3 lrm 5's (3 tons), Srm 6 (1 ton), BAP, Command Console

The pinpoint alpha is rediculous for both builds, assuming I stay at outside the minimum ppc build. The heat isn't bad for either mech, so long as you don't fire non stop.
Lrm's provide a good source of extra damage when enemies are outside of your ranges,
and the Srm's add to you autocannon if enemies get to close for ppcs.

The Orion mounts a XL 295, 11 DHS, with max armor, and the atlas mounts a 300 standard engine, 12 DHS, case mounted in both left and right torsos, and near max armor, with 10 pts of armor shaved off each leg.

Any critiques on what I might change to buff each build would be appreciated, as well as any feedback on what you mount on the AS7. I don't usually pilot assault mechs, so I'm fairly new to running the atlas.

Edited by Capnflintlock, 05 March 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#2 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

I'm not an orion expert, but when I ran it I seem to remember that giant left torso getting blown off a lot. I'd probably drop the lrms down to a lrm 5 or trade it for SRMs (for more short range firepower since using ppcs), and find a way to get a STD engine in there. I like your out of the box thinking, and will probably try out a similar builds.

Edited by MadLibrarian, 05 March 2015 - 09:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users