#121 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

View PostR1CK D0M, on 06 March 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

Actually I quite like the panthers. Although I agree about the enforcer.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the Panther, but I share the same view as Chef about it.

#122 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 06 March 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

The Zeus got the shoulders that the Awesome should have gotten.

My poor Awesome...

I am more concerned about width though.

View PostDevorum, on 06 March 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

EDIT: And I'm sure they're all going to come with SHS, as well, so we IS folks have to do more grinding the clans don't have to bother with!

Zeus-9S has DHS & FF, all others have SHS, no Endo or FF.

#123 Zankou Ryles

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis,MO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

If you really want to give the Grasshopper for instance a good Quirk, give em a ECM range +20% and maybe Medium laser range +15%, give them something for clans to fight so when we beat them fair and square there will be no more "Clans are so OP bull**** " anymore,
As far as the Zeus goes, maybe something along the lines of AC 5 Range +30% and Cooldown +30%. LL Range +15%, sounds like good starters. Less B****ing and more IS in the Clan`s graveyard.

#124 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostZankou Ryles, on 06 March 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

If you really want to give the Grasshopper for instance a good Quirk, give em a ECM range +20% and maybe Medium laser range +15%, give them something for clans to fight so when we beat them fair and square there will be no more "Clans are so OP bull**** " anymore,
As far as the Zeus goes, maybe something along the lines of AC 5 Range +30% and Cooldown +30%. LL Range +15%, sounds like good starters. Less B****ing and more IS in the Clan`s graveyard.

Grasshopper does not have ECM, friend.

On the flip side, we got that cool King Crab skin to soften the blow of non-competitive mechs.

#125 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostTasker, on 06 March 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

On the flip side, we got that cool King Crab skin to soften the blow of non-competitive mechs.

Um, man, this is awkward.

#126 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostSoggyGorilla, on 06 March 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is the best thing to ever happen in my life! I shared it with everyone i knew and none of them even play the game. I'm still laughing. LOL Some one please #tag, Facebook, insta-gram this to Russ.
On a serious note I love that the last town hall was 3 full pages from the beginning asking about quirks: why, how, when etc. They avoided all the questions like the plague.

Edited by LordLosh, 06 March 2015 - 09:02 PM.

#127 Mindscape90

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUkraine, Odessa

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

Nice mechs, thank you ;)

#128 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:12 AM

RE Quirks:
Another data-point in support in support of the "Gamers will complain about anything" hypothesis.

#129 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:31 AM

Not a fan of IS mechs but once these are cbill purchasable I can totally see myself getting them unless we can try a trial version and see how they work for ya.

#130 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

@Matt Newman : You know that adjusting the mechs acc to the quirck changes are expensive?
It would bee nice to unlock FF/ES for a mech that way that a Change back costs nothing.
Quick Change can mean to Change everything. Reactor..ES ...weapons..I don t like that.

#131 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

Quirks? Yes they are needed but not my opinion you know not apply them, the idea is that my quirks should reflect the technology of mechs your design for example its heat dissipating as its own structure of combat armor and weapons. That yes and good applications. Quirks of Zeus are weak and do not speak the drawing that this uglier than the MEktek :P

#132 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

Its ok to launch with weak quirks , get feedback, then hotfix a couple of days later (hotfix seems to happen twice every patch so no disruption there).

They can always buff quirks, but nerf will be ultimate QQ so they need to play safe.

#133 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

GimmeGimmeGimmeGimmeGimme

Please!

#134 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 07 March 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

the "Gamers will complain about anything" hypothesis.

This phenomenom isn't restricted to gamers, my good sir. Someone will find something to complain no matter what you do or how hard you try a.k.a. you cannot please everyone and you are bound to fail, if you try to.

#135 Don Promillo

• Pip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

PPC quirk? Why not reduce the minrange? Would be more useful than enhanced maxrange.

#136 Devorum

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 07 March 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

RE Quirks:
Another data-point in support in support of the "Gamers will complain about anything" hypothesis.

LOL, these guys are complaining about AMS range quirks? How crazy of them!

Gamers, amirite?!

The mere fact that they have to give us quirks and extra tonnage on drops to compete with the overpowered Clan technology is a reason to complain in the first place.

The quirks often being awful is just icing on the cake.

View PostJennerCrusher, on 07 March 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

Or how about playing the Panther in its NICHE ROLE as a light fire-support mech and don't complain about it!

How about it's not even terribly good in its niche role? And there's plenty of lights that do the job better? But, yes, you're right...we should never complain when we're sold a product that is markedly and objectively inferior by a company that promised us otherwise.

#137 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostDevorum, on 07 March 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

How about it's not even terribly good in its niche role? And there's plenty of lights that do the job better? But, yes, you're right...we should never complain when we're sold a product that is markedly and objectively inferior by a company that promised us otherwise.

Panther is an *excellent* Fire Support Mech. Dual ER PPC or Dual LPL, makes you the king of harrassers, the Alpha Light Poker. His MPL/SRM setups are also good brawler setups and it's not even a problem he can't compete with *broken* FS9-A, point in case.

#138 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostJennerCrusher, on 07 March 2015 - 04:43 AM, said:

PGI DOES play their own game you self-absorbed ****.

Maybe in the Underhive.

#139 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostDevorum, on 07 March 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Pointless to argue. These are same people I see in CW game mode who put Machine Guns in ballistics slots of Grid Iron and wonder why they lose matches.

#140 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostTasker, on 07 March 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Pointless to argue. These are same people I see in CW game mode who put Machine Guns in ballistics slots of Grid Iron and wonder why they lose matches.

Or use LRMs in CW and then marvel at the people who break 1.5k damage, as though they were gods of the battlefield and not just doing what everyone should do :blush:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users