Pgi, About The Grasshopper.....

33 replies to this topic

#21 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 06 March 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

They get wide shoulders because you can move the arms around, and it looks silly if they clip into the torso when aimed hard left or right.

^^^^^ Spot on. The Zeus went narrower and already people complaining about a slight clip on the top of the shoulders. I like the width, I want RT/LTs to exist, makes taking an XL a risk, not an easy button move.

#22 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

Zeus is just perfect, imo.

For xl thrill, we can already pilot xl Awesome, or xl Stalker :)

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 06 March 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 05 March 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

nope, torsos are quite the same, I just moved the arms.

Much like the Victor, they seem to run into clipping issues, so the armpits get extended a bit. (Same reason for the unfortunate thigh gap issues most have) Fortunately, those additions tend to be small and relatively shielded if you don't stare. As long as that small addition is Arm Hitbox and not Torso, I don't mind it.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 06 March 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

About Cents, large shoulders but slim torso, while Grasshopper, despite it's a 70 tonner, seems to have a profile too much similar to Victor's one.

I still have great hope in Grass, let's cross fingers

Considering the VTR has one of the best set of hitboxes in the game, I certainly hope so, though the shoulder pauldrons are not as nice on the Hopper for soaking damage.

They get wide shoulders because you can move the arms around, and it looks silly if they clip into the torso when aimed hard left or right.

ninja'd.

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 March 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

Slimmer shouldered Grasshopper looks good too.

Posted Image

you and I have definitely different definitions of "looks good", lol.............

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 05 March 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

I feel like PGI's model is some blend between a Shadowhawk or Griffin and enlarged it a bit.

We'll see what it'll end up being like in the end.

When I first saw it I thought I was looking at the Panther (in the original screenshot of it).

#25 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

As long as that small addition is Arm Hitbox and not Torso, I don't mind it.

Considering the VTR has one of the best set of hitboxes in the game, I certainly hope so, though the shoulder pauldrons are not as nice on the Hopper for soaking damage.

Yep, these are the reasons I'm lil' worried.
Beside I was planning to use this 70 tonner with full speed, wubwubwub, and a slimmer profile helps a lot. Or at least having good shields in arms.

#26 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

View PostKoniving, on 06 March 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

When I first saw it I thought I was looking at the Panther (in the original screenshot of it).

Posted Image

Even the Panther has done less body building in TRO than in MWO ....

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 06 March 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

Even the Panther has done less body building in TRO than in MWO ....

Yeah, but TROs don't have to worry about things like actually being movable, sans clipping, which that version would do...a lot.

#28 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 March 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Yeah, but TROs don't have to worry about things like actually being movable, sans clipping, which that version would do...a lot.

Posted Image

So what about this one? Simply stretching 15%. No clipping issues, I think.

Posted Image
" Weight Watchers program!! It works with your mother-in-law, too!"

#29 Malckovich

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

I do like the OPs version more.He removed the extra shoulder boxes that now look completely unecessary and ugly to me. Shame it wont change.

#30 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Your version is certainly an improvement.

I actually hope the grasshopper is not too xl friendly, because I want it to be a good zombie mech that can shield the CT with STs.

With 1m + 2e it may prove to be the best zombie in the entire game, consider that builds like the following will be possible on the 5J:

std 325 (82.7kph) 6MPL, srm4+2t, endo, ferro, 3jj, 16DHS (some armour shaved, but holy moly am I excited about trying this build...)

std 300 (76.4kph) 2LPL, 4ML, srm4+2t, endo, ferro, 4jj, 14DHS

std 275 (70kph) 3LPL, 2ML, srm4+1t, endo, ferro, 4jj, 13DHS (this is my second most anticipated build, if the 3LPL can still be fired together at that point...)

std 275 (70kph) 3LPL, 2MpL, srm4+1t, endo, ferro, 1jj, 14DHS

std 270 (68.7kph) 2LPL, 4ML, srm4+1t, endo, 4jj, 17DHS

And so on, these builds all have an alpa of 18-20 in full zombie mode (only matched by the CTF-4X which has nowhere near the same STD brawl build potential because of ballistic arms, less tanky hitboxes, low engine cap and no JJs, so not a real contender.)

Edited by Sjorpha, 06 March 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#31 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

Actually, I think it might be so they don’t clip through the hips.
Looking at this image, they seem pretty close already.
Posted Image

@OP:
I think the shoulders are fine. You’re probably looking at an optical illusion. We’re looking at the legs on the side and the torso head on in your comparison images. Making the torso smaller to match the slim profile look of the smaller legs makes it appear more proportional, but that doesn’t mean it’s correct. I think we're being fooled that the torso is wide when in fact it's probably because the legs look slim

#32 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 05 March 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

Hi there, I would like to read community opinion about these 2 pics.

MY Grasshopper:
Posted Image

PGI Grasshopper:
Posted Image

Can you notice the difference?
What do you prefer?

I wonder why too many mechs are too much wide and large in 3d models.

Now that i see what you did....your looks INSANELY better!

That extra joint they added is silly and not on the original art nor does it seem like it is important to the arm movement of the mech.

I get that, but have you ever taken a notice at the KGC? When you twist it's arms run into the top of the legs and that was no problem so i dont think it matter if it clips into the torso a bit. The KGC would never be able to keep its arms it would kick them off on its own as it twisted.

So why are they doing it like this? No consistency? If you make one mech extra large so it arms and legs dont clip into each other then why not give all mechs this treatment?

I think it was just a screw up from the modeling team. Alex needs to go play wack a mole in there a bit with these modelers! :P

But after looking at the orginal art those extra joints are there....even in the Resistance Purchase page....just dont look as bad or as large in that pic.

Edited by DarthRevis, 06 March 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#33 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 06 March 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

@OP:
I think the shoulders are fine. You’re probably looking at an optical illusion. We’re looking at the legs on the side and the torso head on in your comparison images. Making the torso smaller to match the slim profile look of the smaller legs makes it appear more proportional, but that doesn’t mean it’s correct. I think we're being fooled that the torso is wide when in fact it's probably because the legs look slim

But the legs would look better if they were closer together as well, so they aligned with the waist.

#34 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

Edit: Wrong thread.

Edited by Axeface, 06 March 2015 - 08:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users