#21 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

I am for anything that breaks up the monotony of
3x Stormcrows 1x Timberwolf
mixed with
2x Stormcrow 2xHellbringer

In retrospect I would have prefered if PGI dropped 10 tons from the Clan drop deck instead of giving the IS 10 tons.

#22 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

I love it!

#23 TequilaSunrise

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Beautiful idea, lore friendly, probably not too difficult to code in because we're just talking about a math equation, and suggested by a member of the coughsecondcough best faction in the game? I am Tequila Sunrise, and I approve this idea.

#24 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:57 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 12 March 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

In retrospect I would have prefered if PGI dropped 10 tons from the Clan drop deck instead of giving the IS 10 tons.

Hey Molossian Dog, didn't think about that until now, but you are right, that would be much better. :D

#25 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:19 AM

Considering that fast Mechs definately have a place in any serious CW drop deck the additional 10 tons aren´t such a huge buff as PGI most likely anticipated. Just tempts people to bring 2 Assaults and 2 Lights. That is not really helping diversity on the IS side.

Dropping 10 tons on the Clan side might have prompted some clammerz to break with the usual. But kowing them it would most likely result in:

3x Derpcrows 1xHellbringer

So, meh...probably you can´t teach people diversity.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 13 March 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#26 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

It wouldn't work out real well on the IS side because every match would devolve into a sniper fest and IS mechs are at a severe disadvantage in that game.

Not that I'm at all opposed to the idea, but promoting more mech variety will only actually come when/if they actually develop CW into something more than blob mode 2.0.

#27 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

View Postsycocys, on 13 March 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

It wouldn't work out real well on the IS side because every match would devolve into a sniper fest and IS mechs are at a severe disadvantage in that game.

Not that I'm at all opposed to the idea, but promoting more mech variety will only actually come when/if they actually develop CW into something more than blob mode 2.0.

I think giving substantial rewards for dropping very light (and winning) would affect what people choose to drop. My only concern is the possibility of an endless stream of light rush matches.

Edited by nehebkau, 13 March 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#28 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

100% reward on terrible rewards is still terrible rewards. That's why people won't drop very light.

On the other hand if there was some mechanics built into the game that would buff/debuff and sway the overall matches before the assault portion you'd see a lot more kinds of builds and mechs because they'd actually have a purpose. A 100km HBK brawler that will circle most mechs to death has zero place in blob wars, but if things like capture points that were little command centers were added where you had lances brawling it out that same mech is going to be one of your best choices.

Closing and maneuver speed would have an actual place in the game again. But you don't see a lack of variety because of the rewards, you see it because the game mode is just 12v12 blob assault/hope you don't get focused by more than 2 and that limits your options to a ridiculous degree on both sides.

#29 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

While I agree that reducing clan drop size by ten would have been better(than upping IS), I wont say that the rewards were geared towards promoting diversity. When people wanna drop meta decks they will, and the meta exists for a reason(in every game where you can win or lose there is going to be a meta). I dont intend to change up the meta with this.

It is more of a population or lack of matchmaker substitute. It aims to selfbalance the game a bit by having players think that they will win use less effective methods and thus lowering the win chance.

Making more different mechs viable is a different topic and needs to be approached in a gamedesign manner(maps,modes,weapons, mechs)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users