26 replies to this topic

#1 summet

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

I am looking for a good mech that can hold the most amount of strong ballistic weapons. Any suggestions?

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

King Crab comes with 2 AC20s (1 per arm) and can have 6 ballistic weapons on one of the variants its also a 100 ton mech.

#3 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

Yeah, KGC is the way to go.

Other options are the Banshee 3E, the Jager (any of them, but especially the DD), Ilya Cataphract.

#4 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:13 AM

Jeager can do dual AC20s, as can the King Crab. The Jeager is not an optimal for it though.

For singular AC20s, you've got the Hunchback G, Centurion-AH, Yen Lo Wang in the medium category as good/great AC 20 platforms. In the heavy category, the Catapract 1X is probably the best singular AC20 carrier, though you'll probably get better play from a Hunchback G.

Assaults have the Atlas, and the Banshee. There's a Victor and a Highlander that can run AC20s, but until Jump Jets are fixed, you're better off looking elsewhere.

For cannons other than the AC20, Illya, Jeagers, Cataphract 3D, and of course, the King Crab.

Edited by Mirumoto Izanami, 13 March 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#5 M X Striker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts
  • LocationAwesome, USA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

Dude, Jager JM6-S. I carry 2xAC20s + a medium laser, and 9 tons of ammo. That's 63 shots of AC20+ goodness! Try it, you'll like it.
Glass cannon? Sure, but pair yourself with a DDC for ECM + brawler goodness, or another ECM and/or brawler mech and you're golden. GL/HF!

#6 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Good dual AC/20 mechs:

Jagermech--all variants, some are quirked better than others
Catapult K2 (not as well as a jager)
King Crab--all variants. The 000 has ac/20 quirks

Other honorable mentions since your question was mechs with lots of strong ballistics:
Dragon 1N with 2 AC/5. Quirks have made this an absolute beast, but is can be a glass cannon
Cataphract 4x with 4 AC/5. As much firepower as the dragon, speed of an atlas. Not as glass cannon as the dragon
Cataphract 3D and Ilya Mormets--Both can be great with AC10's or LBX's with some lasers. Dual gauss is also an option
Banshee 3E with 3 AC/5 and some other firepower is a tank
King Crab 000 with 2 ac/2, 2 ac/5 and 2 ultra ac/5. Desync'd firepower causes RAGE when they're catching it.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 13 March 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#7 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

By weight class:

Light - the 4X can do it, the soon to be released Urbanmech has a variant with a stock AC20, though lights and AC20s are a dicey prospect at best.

Medium - Hunchback 4G, Centurion YLW or AH, several Shadowhawks do it well

Heavy - Jagermechs, Cataphracts, Dragon Flame, Orions

Assault - King Crab, Atlas, a couple Victors, Highlander 733C, a couple Battlemasters and Banshees.

Check out the quirks here, they make a difference.

#8 summet

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, though I forgot to say that I don't buy MC and I have about 7,000,000 CBills.

EDIT: Can you buy King Crabs with CBills? Because that sounds like the way to go for me.

Edited by JKEnayat, 13 March 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#9 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

Yes, King Crabs are available for Cbills but they are an assault mech and those are fantastically expensive. The cheapest King Crab is 9.7million cbills. And after that you will want to put double heat sinks on it which costs 1.5million. I wouldn't ever recommend using single heat sinks, they are essentially worthless as implemented currently.

I'd suggest starting in something like a Hunchback 4G (I assume you don't own any mechs yet). It fits a single AC20 but it gets some very nice quirks allowing that AC20 to fire faster than normal. It is much cheaper than the King Crab coming in at 3.6million cbills so you would be able to afford the mandatory 1.5million for double heat sinks as well as the other outfitting costs.

Here's a pretty standard 4G build. It has a minimum of extra costs by keeping the stock engine. As you can see, total outfitting price including purchasing the mech is 5.9million cbills.

EDIT: If you haven't played your first 25 matches, I'd suggest completing those before purchasing. You get very high rewards in cbill terms for that 25 match stretch. After that your earnings will drop precipitously. This is another reason why purchasing mediums first is a smart move. If you go right to assaults your initial "cadet bonus" will only net you 1 maybe 2 mechs. You can get 3 or 4 mediums with that same bonus. It will take you a while to get to the point where you earn a decent amount during matches after the cadet bonus, so spend that bonus wisely.

Edited by Voivode, 13 March 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#10 summet

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Oh no I have four Mechs right now. I have a Raven, a ThunderBolt, a Stalker, and an Atlas. I'm just looking for something new. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be saving up for the King Cobra! :D

Edited by JKEnayat, 13 March 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#11 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

You may want to elite out those mechs you already have if you, in fact, have not already done that. The performance difference between mechs with elites unlocked and only basics unlocked is significant.

Whatever you decide, good luck and see you on the battlefield!

#12 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

no one mentioned the TBT-7K

Edited by Lord Letto, 13 March 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#13 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

He said "Good mech for AC20's" PLURAL.

So its only The King, Jaeger, or Catapault.

#14 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

Yen lo Wang with ac20 cooldowN is a monster.

give it a fast engine and run around and bang bang

Edited by Bigbacon, 17 March 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#15 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

Hunchie, Orion, Atlas, Crab

#16 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

The 'BEST' for multiple AC20's is the king crab [kgc-000], because it already comes with 2 ac20's and has multiple quirks for them. My current build runs 2 ac20's with 7 tons of ammo (49 shots), 1 medium laser, AMS with 1 ton of ammo, and I think a standard 335 engine. I goes about 63kph with speed tweak. (with maxed out ac20 range and CD modules in it)

for something lighter, the hunchback makes a great single AC20 mech. And so does the centurion, but the centurion is kind of fragile.

#17 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

Hunchback or Centurion has very good AC20 quirks, try them before you commit to an assault.

#18 PorkCereal

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

jager, xl300 dual ac20 max armor, fill whats left with ammo. Hit with the hammer of god and keep moving.

#19 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

lately i used the victor-9s with a xl350 and max JJ for a maximum of mobility.
it has 1 ac20, 2 srm6 + artemis and 2 medium laser. runs fairly cold and has a awful face to face punch (more than just 2 ac20).
its a wrecking machine in PUGlandia.

#20 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

Ravens, the 4X or Huggin. It's the surprise factor that counts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users