Has Pgi Thought About Selling Desktop Figures Of Their Mech Design?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Phelantau

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

So I don't know about anyone else but I would love to be able to buy desktop figures of the MWO mechs. I don't know if PGI has the legal rights to produce figures to sell but if they did I would buy them. Even if they couldn't be used in tabletop they would look great by my computer. I mean they made the string bean Centurion look sexy how could you not want one?

Blizzard sells all sorts of figures from their games. Battletech has a serious following of gamers who have been playing since tabletop I'm sure there are plenty who would be interested. Like I said earlier PGI probably doesn't have the rights at the moment to sell physical models but if enough interest is shown they might think of picking it up. They already have over 50 different mechs to choose from with some like the catapult and clan mechs having visually different variants as well.

What does anyone else think? What mechs would you like to have looking back at you while your in game unloading the dakka?

Edited by Phelantau, 01 May 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#2 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

I would love to have some figures of MWO mechs. Especially Misery, Catapult K2 and Wolverine 7K. But I heard PGI isn't allowed to produce physical merchandise, only digital :(

#3 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

Please, there are many I want

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

Those that truly want 3D MWO 'Mechs have, quite simply, built their own using the game's 3D files and a bit of editing and a 3D Printer. It's about the only way you're getting them. Great news -- you can choose your own scale. Though it may take a few years to 'print' a 6 foot tall Catapult.

#5 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 May 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Those that truly want 3D MWO 'Mechs have, quite simply, built their own using the game's 3D files and a bit of editing and a 3D Printer. It's about the only way you're getting them. Great news -- you can choose your own scale. Though it may take a few years to 'print' a 6 foot tall Catapult.

Would not that be awesome

As a keen scale modeller myself, i wait for the day when you can have a very accurate 3d printer at home, and instead of buying a model kit of a shelf somewhere, purchase a digital file from hasegawa / tamiya etc and print it off yourself.

It would kill hobby shops though

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hobby shops -- online edition! Go online, create your own versions of models. Problem is when other people shared it. Also -- since you can print seemingly unlimited copies, it'd stand to reason the prices would be that much greater.

(But yeah, like Block Buster was by Netflix).

#7 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 May 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

Hobby shops -- online edition! Go online, create your own versions of models. Problem is when other people shared it. Also -- since you can print seemingly unlimited copies, it'd stand to reason the prices would be that much greater.

(But yeah, like Block Buster was by Netflix).

I can see it now....those original Macross series Valkyries would be all over my house...... oh dear...i think i felt something move....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users