Browser/phone Based Mechlab

No replies to this topic

#1 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

I know this has been suggested in the past, but I think it is something worth revisiting.

Having direct access to all your Mech's loadouts, camo/paint, weapons groups, cockpit items, etc whilst away from your computer, or just waiting in queue could be a great addition. Instant access to your inventory and to the store when you cannot get to your computer can only be a good thing for consumers and PGI alike. I'd hate to be away from home for a week or two and miss out on a great sale, or think of a "great" (<<<in theory) config and not be able to do anything about it.

Possibly even include a "Share" option to copy and upload a config to a mate basically like an import/export type deal. When your friend loads your config onto their Mech, it uses items in their inventory and if extra items are needed, those are added to the cart just like the ingame Lab does now. Even if an import option is not wanted by PGI for some reason, being able to send what is effectively a screenshot of a config (think Smurfy's links) you have in your garage would be a worthwhile addition.

A lot of the basics already exist in Smurfy's, which is a great tool for theory crafting Mechs you dont own or just messing around with possible configs for what you do own. The next logical step would be linking a similar interface (with access to camo/paint, grouping, cockpit items, etc as well) with your account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users