- - - - -

Http://mwo.smurfy-Net.de/

4 replies to this topic

#1 scottbear

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:04 AM

with the http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ buold page im finding that the web page lets me use more wight than i can you in the game what am i doing rong i do try to do it as its on the page

#2 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

Post the smurfy link to the build you are trying to replicate.

Note that there are sometimes small rounding errors in the tonnage calculation in smurfy. Also, did you check whether the upgrades i.e. ferro-fibrous, endo-steel has been replicated?

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 08 March 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

Note that there are sometimes small rounding errors in the tonnage calculation in smurfy. Also, did you check whether the upgrades i.e. ferro-fibrous, endo-steel has been replicated?

(Actually the rounding error is in MWO rather than Smurfy; with 0.2 tons free, I can put on a 0.25 ton MG in MWO, but Smurfy tells me it's 0.25 tons free for the exact same build.)

View Postscottbear, on 08 March 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

with the http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ buold page im finding that the web page lets me use more wight than i can you in the game what am i doing rong i do try to do it as its on the page

You've done a good thing in coming to ask.

We need to know what build you are trying to make. "Save & share loadout." Then copy paste the "Plain link" to here.

Edited by Koniving, 08 March 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#4 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Rounding errors in integer calculations, there is your problem.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

Having seen your other thread, I found out what it was. Rounding issue by Ferro Armor. Smurfy gives the proper tonnage, MWO does not show that tonnage but would give it to you regardless.

Also I gave this post there. As it's related to the same issue I'll re-hash it here.

View PostKoniving, on 08 March 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...be50b5f5480528b
Okay, so I see you're trying to install a large laser.

Here's the issue you are having. There are 1.75-ish tons available to you. Your problem is you need 5 tons.

You have a few options, which include but are not limited to, removing equipment, reducing armor, things like that.

Your core problem? Your engine weighs too much. There's a series of engines called "XL" which is short for Extra Light.

This shows the same build with an XL 245 instead of a STD 245 engine. There are now 7.75 tons free. You can remove Ferro Fibrous armor to get 7 tons free.
I then reallocated the armor given hitbox considerations (cockpit is nearly impossible to hit unless stationary, large frontal hitboxes, legs/arms under-armored)... So with this layout there's still 7 tons free.

However, I used the 245 engine as a demonstration of weight difference, instead of buying an XL 245 I'm sure you'd like to go faster.

I raised the engine to XL 265 and added the large laser you wanted here. Also, did you intend to use 4 medium lasers, a medium pulse and a large laser? It's in your picture for some reason.

My personal build for this Jenner is found here. Yes, it's slow by MWO standards. You'll notice the head armor is back up; this mech spends a bit of time standing still. The XL 180 is highly reusable especially with 35 and 45 ton mechs.
Video can be found here, sadly due to an editing error you'll see the second half first then the first half. (It introes with a Jager battle).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users