Double Xp Weekend

13 replies to this topic

#1 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

On 3 seperate occasions last night and just now, I have not gotten double XP rewarded after the match.

All three were first win of day, and first match of the day also with that particular variant. Just now I finished a well earned win on Frozen Night with my Victor 9K. First match in that Victor in weeks actually. No double, or double double I guess you could say. my little blue "2X" flag on the mech thumbnail in mechlab is now gone.

I mean it isn't the end of the world, but it is obnoxious to see a bug in something like a player event.

#2 spottiedogman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

I have also noticed this as well and seems like premium time is not always registering either.

#3 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Came to the forums to see if this was reported yet and here it is. Same issue, no XP being registered. I have taken screenshots and sure they will get it squared away. Seems like that every time we have an event, something with the servers goes awry. EVERY TIME.

Entire game, website and servers need a modern update. This aint 1999

#4 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

Seems to be hit, and miss. What would normally be a 1k-2k match was still a 1k-2k match about half the time. <<shrugs>>

#5 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

It seems to have intermittent issues. Friday I had several matches that didn't register, but most of yesterday was fine.

Edited by Greenjulius, 08 March 2015 - 01:50 PM.

#6 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

I am glad I am not the only one here.

Well, not really glad I suppose. I would rather it worked correctly.

#7 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

It's not registering at all, after 8 games no XP. I bought hunchbacks specifically for this event and put 20m c-bills into them. Yeah I'm sure they will extend the event or some such mess but I have limited time to play and that is right now. Guess I'll haft to do it the old fashion way.

I don't even like hunchies that is why i never had them before. Don't get me wrong they are fine machines but I prefer my Cents and Griffs and the hunchies make me feel dirty.

#8 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

I wish they actually told you the base XP first, then what you got because it doubled. As it is it seems to just give you double each value, so you don't even notice it.

#9 Whiplash!!!

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

It is not working every time. You're not crazy.

Had a first match with 3,700 xp, should have had over 7000.

Edited by Phaggatron, 08 March 2015 - 07:21 PM.

#10 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

And every time there is a double XP weekend there are people who say it isn't working, but don't realize that on double XP weekends all the values are already doubled in the display. There isn't an extra bonus line, the base values displayed *are* the doubled amount.

Wins = 500XP not 250XP
Ties 150XP not 75 XP
etc

The full list is here, but there have been some adjustments (losses payout was adjusted, not sure what else). So check the actual numbers, not the "it feels low" gut check.

The only things that are extra lines are the Premium and the first match win of the day, which are always at the very bottom and sometimes need to be scrolled down to see.

#11 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 08 March 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

And every time there is a double XP weekend there are people who say it isn't working, but don't realize that on double XP weekends all the values are already doubled in the display. There isn't an extra bonus line, the base values displayed *are* the doubled amount.

Wins = 500XP not 250XP
Ties 150XP not 75 XP
etc

The full list is here, but there have been some adjustments (losses payout was adjusted, not sure what else). So check the actual numbers, not the "it feels low" gut check.

The only things that are extra lines are the Premium and the first match win of the day, which are always at the very bottom and sometimes need to be scrolled down to see.

The fact you have to go back and reference a list and hope that it is up to date is probably a sign that this needs to be better indicated so we don't have to rely on our gut or go through old patch notes to find out whether our gut is correct. Hell just having a reference sheet within the game would be nice.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 08 March 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#12 Whiplash!!!

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 08 March 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

Wins = 500XP not 250XP
Ties 150XP not 75 XP
etc

I am 100% certain that it isn't working everytime. I don't have a screenshot, but I'm absolutely sure that it doesn't always work. I got 5 kills in a match, 5 assists, over 850 damage and was generally being a badass in my Medium Laser Hunchie. It was my first round/victory of the day. I know that I saw the blue X 2 thing on the mech before I went in and it had the X2 bonus on the end screen.

Like I said above, I only got 3700 XP, which seems like a lot, but the next round I switched to one of my other Hunchies with the X 2 thing and I got a little over 7000 XP while having a smaller match score.

It works sometimes and doesn't other times.

#13 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostPhaggatron, on 08 March 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

I am 100% certain that it isn't working everytime. I don't have a screenshot, but I'm absolutely sure that it doesn't always work. I got 5 kills in a match, 5 assists, over 850 damage and was generally being a badass in my Medium Laser Hunchie. It was my first round/victory of the day. I know that I saw the blue X 2 thing on the mech before I went in and it had the X2 bonus on the end screen.

Like I said above, I only got 3700 XP, which seems like a lot, but the next round I switched to one of my other Hunchies with the X 2 thing and I got a little over 7000 XP while having a smaller match score.

It works sometimes and doesn't other times.

I have over 100 matches in this weekend, and haven't seen it happen once.
Check your XP screen, there are only three things you need to know:
WIns = 250XP
Losses 40 XP
Ties 75XP.

If those values are doubled, then they all are doubled.

#14 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

I think the double xp is working fine, but the reward system is so confusing and random that it makes you think something is wrong with the event.

Ive had crap games where ive literally done nothing to contribute and gotten 6-7k xp and than ive had games where i can honestly say i was one of the deciding factors in the win and got less than 4k (both were first win of the day for that mech).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users