• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 12 March 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

Pro CNC, compliments and encouragements are always good in a thread.

I know that the dedication they have will bring CNC in to the fold once again. Even CGBI has shed a bit in the past few months. I think Community Warfare changed the way many of our units worked and we needed to reflect on new procedures.

Indeed. It has been.. well... lacking to many who were waiting for it. A curiosity but little more then that to those who were not interested in it from the get go. While CNC wants to be CW capable, overall the stance is we want it to be worth more. Names on a planet is not a good enough reason to participate for several of us - even more so if there is realistically little chance to have our name on a planet at all.

One day CW will be awesome, though. Maybe. It has the potential. I am personally very interested in the 4v4 mode. I like the more intimate encounters.

#42 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between yesterday and my destiny.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

I agree with the 4v4 idea. I love the smaller 4v4 games.

#43 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

Being able to fight on the small scale also just ramps up the odds of getting a good duel in there. Facing your opponent unmolested by his allies, being able to test skill against skill when faced with otherwise equal odds - or even when the odds are slightly against. That is the sort of rush I love.

#44 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

On that subject, i have just finished writing down most of the less crazy best ideas floating in my mind about how to improve CW and add deeper features. Tomorrow i will look for more ways to share the rusty notepad file where i wrote them with a few to refine them, until i feel i can post them in the different forums..

..But now i need to sleep!

Tbh, i would like 4vs4 battles but for CW i prefer big battles to take planets.. Unless those 4vs4 missions are something like sneaking deep into enemy territory to sabotage the enemy operations ;)

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 March 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Being able to fight on the small scale also just ramps up the odds of getting a good duel in there. Facing your opponent unmolested by his allies, being able to test skill against skill when faced with otherwise equal odds - or even when the odds are slightly against. That is the sort of rush I love.

That is true as well!

#45 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostFlareHeart, on 12 March 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

I agree with the 4v4 idea. I love the smaller 4v4 games.
off topic I admit, but I'm really excited for this as well. 12v12 is (IMHO) overall good for the game, but 4v4 will allow for games where the individual Mechwarrior matters more - for good or ill. Less mob mentality, more dueling. Awesome.

#46 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

Hmmmm. Something we did a long while ago has popped into memory and I wonder if there's interest in it again... Way back before private lobbies, we had a "trial mechs only" duel night. We had 24 people, attempting to sync drop all in the exact same trial mechs and we paired off around a random map for 1v1 duels for fun. Just for kicks. It was a blast. Would any of our friends and allies be interested in doing that again? Just a fun night dropping for duels with your friends the Nova Cats 46th battle cluster.

If so, let either Pariah or myself know and we can see about arranging a night. I want to guage interest before committing to anything though.

Good hunting and fight honorably trothkin

#47 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

Interesting! Just these days we brought up again the topic of canon builds-only battles, and we did some. They were amazing :D

I would actually go as far as using canon armor values as well :ph34r:

Anyway, just poke me on the CWI TS, and if i am available, i will bring my stock Kit Fox A, Gargoyle Prime, Catapult C1 or Kerensky's Orion ;)

#48 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:18 AM

Well Cycloner, you see the idea is that everyone takes THE trial mech. No masteries, no modules, nada. Just you, your mech, and your opponent. ;) But glad to know you're interested.

Edited by FlareHeart, 13 March 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#49 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

Yep. It takes modules, customization, and efficiencies out of the picture. Leaves just the mech and the pilot. :D

#50 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

True, but there is no Kit Fox A in MWO :(

However, i also see the appeal of having to choose among a limited series of 'Mechs. It is not like you "order" your OmniMech at your standard Clan shop :P

#51 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

This is how CGBI does their ToP. Trial mechs, so it is the skill of the sibkin that shines and not the chassis, build, or leveling.

#52 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 13 March 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

This is how CGBI does their ToP. Trial mechs, so it is the skill of the sibkin that shines and not the chassis, build, or leveling.

On the other hand, i think customizing your BattleMech to suit your mission's needs is an ability that should be mastered. A concept that is killed by the meta by definition. .

PGI, will the MechWarriors waiting to get dropped ever know the rough environment of their dropzone? You know, drop in a icy plain or a volcanic area is not the same thing.. <_<

#53 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

Yup, Coffi, we do that too. Our Sibkin also trial for their first mechwarrior rank in trial mechs. Inspired by your trials that we came to witness back when we first got established. :)

View PostCyclonerM, on 13 March 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

On the other hand, i think customizing your BattleMech to suit your mission's needs is an ability that should be mastered. A concept that is killed by the meta by definition. .

PGI, will the MechWarriors waiting to get dropped ever know the rough environment of their dropzone? You know, drop in a icy plain or a volcanic area is not the same thing.. <_<

I Agree Cycloner which is why the trials for our pilots AFTER Sibkin are in customized mechs. It's only the Sibkin that are restricted to trial mechs.

#54 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostFlareHeart, on 13 March 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yup, Coffi, we do that too. Our Sibkin also trial for their first mechwarrior rank in trial mechs. Inspired by your trials that we came to witness back when we first got established. :)

I Agree Cycloner which is why the trials for our pilots AFTER Sibkin are in customized mechs. It's only the Sibkin that are restricted to trial mechs.

Yep. We assess the sibkin's general combat capabilities first. Beyond that, individuality and competence in configuration is an important next step.

#55 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostFlareHeart, on 12 March 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Hmmmm. Something we did a long while ago has popped into memory and I wonder if there's interest in it again... Way back before private lobbies, we had a &quot;trial mechs only&quot; duel night. We had 24 people, attempting to sync drop all in the exact same trial mechs and we paired off around a random map for 1v1 duels for fun. Just for kicks. It was a blast. Would any of our friends and allies be interested in doing that again? Just a fun night dropping for duels with your friends the Nova Cats 46th battle cluster.

If so, let either Pariah or myself know and we can see about arranging a night. I want to guage interest before committing to anything though.

Good hunting and fight honorably trothkin
I'd love to get in on this. While I've no interest in stock builds as such (I'm just not that much of a lore hound and mechlab time is the most fun I have in the game) I really enjoy limited events like this, where its just pilot vs. pilot.

#56 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

Thank you GM Patience for the clean up. Much appreciated!

Games like this is what makes me love MWO. :D

And a slo-mo snippet:

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 13 March 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#57 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

Congratulations go out to three of our pilots, tonight!

Posted Image

Attaining the rank of Mechwarrior, ChapeL defeated his opponent in trial by combat.

Posted Image

Attaining the position of Star Commander, both Kanajashi and Miles Machina tore their place in the clan from the fires of battle.

May you three continue to uphold the honor and ferocity of the clan.

#58 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:57 AM

Further, last night we did something that was both awful and hilarious. Not sure I recommend it.

Two teams, everybody in trial Hellbringers.

Between the lack of heat sinks and the lack of armor, it was abysmal to pilot! But knowing your opposition is dealing with the exact same crap as you? Freaking hilarious!

Edit:

Initial star clustering is complete. Revisal of Sibko Training system is the next step, with changes as needed to the individuals in Stars Alpha through Delta. Inactivity scan at end of the month should clear up which cadets are actually playing the game. As soon as that is sorted out, we can tentatively begin recruitment.

Positions noted as vacant: 1x Star Captain, 1x Star Commander, with a potential additional Star Commander slot dependant on the sibkin trialing up.

Current operational strength not including cadets: Two binaries with supporting command staff.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 March 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#59 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

Well, have a training syllabus up. Star Commanders have their jobs outlined. A cadet training status checklist is made. The location in which we do our trials is changed to a more interesting location on the map. Also a pre-Clan meeting training hour is officially allotted every week - though individual training is still something we want cadets to not be afraid of asking for, and something we want Star Commanders to have the initiative to offer on their own.

Making it so that cadets are properly trained before they are eligible for their trial. I do not want them frustrated with several losses. I want them to learn, to grow, and become proficient in the skills necessary to be a sufficient threat on the battlefield and a reliable asset to their trothkin before they even trial for Mechwarrior.

Less frustration, more satisfaction of achievement.

We have 7 cadets waiting for training and advancement. If they can complete their training fast, they can hopefully trial up fast. If they take it slow, it will take them a while. The pace is up to them, but the necessary skills must be demonstrated. If all seven pass their trials, this will bump us up to just shy of two trinaries of mechwarriors.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 18 March 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#60 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

While we are still technically closed recruiting, welcome aboard Cadet Jaroth Corbett and Cadet Bekanor. Further, congratulations on both of you, as well as Cadet Shadelen, in completion of one third of the new Sibkin Academy program.

In other news, Star Captain Torchfire Katayama will be hosting a tournament for our members, with the winner receiving both a vineer of their choice as well as 30 days of premium time.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 March 2015 - 07:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users