Fixed Equipment For The Mist Lynx And Other Clan Mechs

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

3 Tons of fixed JJ's and 1 Ton for a fixed Active Probe is just too much for a 25 ton mech. The Lynx would be a real bane on the battlefield if we could shift around this lost tonnage.

I love the Lynx and it's concept, I love the look of it and I really have fun driving it. Those lost tons impact it's performance seriously, though. There are Lynx pilot which drive it with good performance but for serious fights it's nigh-worthless. 4 more tons would change *alot* on the Lynx and would make it too a respectable mech, imo.

The fixed equipment was introduced to balance out clan-tech but I don't see it a reasonable move. And the Timber still is up there in the meta. I'd like to see this move reconsidered.

#2 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

Fixed jumpjets? Meh. Fixed active probe? That's just silly, and needs to be changed.

#3 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

I really think that PGI should consider unlocking equipment in clan mechs and unlocking FF/ES during the clan quirk pass before tossing quirks out willy-nilly. There's a lot of mechs that simply need some small loadout changes in order to be viable as opposed to massive global buffs.

Edited by Evan20k, 08 March 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#4 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

Please See(Removing Adder Flamer And MistLynx CAP Form Locked Equipment Discussion)
to contains info on both and of what exactly what that removal would mean to those mechs,

#5 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostEvan20k, on 08 March 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I really think that PGI should consider unlocking equipment in clan mechs and unlocking FF/ES during the clan quirk pass before tossing quirks out willy-nilly. There's a lot of mechs that simply need some small loadout changes in order to be viable as opposed to massive global buffs.

There's some sense in this.

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 08 March 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#6 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 08 March 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

There's some sense in this. Most ALL high performing clan mech have FF+Endo or at least Endo unlocked.

...and DWF doesn't need ferro, it already hurts for crits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users