24 Mech Ffa Matches

4 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

Free For All matches should have been inserted long ago.

Implement it by spacing each player out along the edges of the map facing outward.

Let the fun happen last mech standing wins, screw elo and screw weight matching unless you want to add additional divisions for the different weights as well as anything goes.

This would also be great to do with lance FFA, with dropship weight limits.

We've really needed a new game mode for forever now and this would work for every map currently in rotation, including the CW maps.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:14 AM

most maps are too small, most winners will be small speey mechs, hide at the beginning, sweep the remains.

lance battles however would be more interesting on some smaller maps.

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Who cares who wins? It's the match that's the fun part!

And it could be done to separate weights to make it more even, but a non-restricted mode would be a blast even for lights participating who would honestly have the opportunity for the most kills per match if they actually played and took advantage of the madness.

I think lance battles would be one of the best options though as well, just split up the drop in points up a little further and let everyone go at it.

#4 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

I think you're both right actually. Kinda weird i know.

Most maps are too small for a 24 free for all. But lights might also take advantage of the absolute mayhem to do very effective hit and run attacks at all ranges.
That's what i would do anyways and i play IS light mechs 98% of the time.
Hiding and just waiting might even not be the best option since that bring lower situational awareness.

#5 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

With more "factions" on the same battle field, you will want more space. If it is a complete FFA, I'd cap the current maps at 6-8. Otherwise, I like the idea of lance ffa's. 4 people in a group, 4 different groups battling to win. It reminds of "Battle Tanks" on the N64...

Make this a poll so we can vote on it. And polls hold more weight to the devs than regular conversations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users