1 reply to this topic

#1 Huoshini

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTip of the spear!

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:24 AM

So I used to play TT Battletech. I know a lot of people have and this is more if a topic to dream and chat about than to actually suggest since it was shot down in Closed Beta.

Role warfare is something many of us have wanted emphasis on to encourage team cooperation and to add a layer of depth to MWO. While it could cause a HUGE learning curve for some, I believe it would be a.more rewarding experience for all in the long term.

There are many topics we can bring about for this but what I really wanted to day dream about is a true targetting computer. Instead of the.integrated targeting computer that cones standard in mechs now, would you enjoy encouraging more role warfare by it being equipment that mostly lights and mediums could carry?

To explain to those who dont know what I am talking about and to.clarify....When you press R and target a mech, your whole team now knows where that mech is(red triangle). What I would enjoy is a peice of equipment dedicated to this, almost exclusive to mediums and lights.

Just day dreaming here and.not ever expecting this to.happen but if it was a possible addition to the game, what do you think about.it?

Cheers

#2 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

Replacing the current system with the active/passive system from the other MW games would be great.

Adding the C3 computers would be unecessarily complex and make PUG play even more uncoordinated. Randomly composed teams already have enough trouble responding to the battlemap without removing more information from it.

It'd be an interesting feature for fully coordinated competitive play but that's too small a niche right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users