Mechwarrior 3

30 replies to this topic

#21 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 30 June 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

"Making MW3 Run on Windows 7"

Finally got MechWarrior 3 working on Windows 7 (64bit Pro). Here are my settings.

Compatability: Windows XP SP3

Game: Self-Shading=Off, everything else On or High, 8MB textures, 1024x768. Theme/music set to Off (This stops the game from accessing the CD for the Music.)

Video card settings.

Vertical Sync. Force ON. (eliminates bouncing APC's, fixes broken physics)
Ambient Occlusion=Off
Anisotropic Filtering=Off
AA Gamma Correction=ON
AA Mode=Enhance the Application Setting
AA Setting= 8x
AA Transparency 8x Supersample
Max pre-rendered frames=4
Negative LOD bias= Allow
Texture Filtering=high quality
Threaded Optimization=Auto
Triple Buffering=On

Note: There is no AA in MW3. Setting AA to "Enhance the App's Setting" seemed to eliminate an occasional CTD.

Alright, I'm having problems wit this; I don't have all these settings available for my video card. In AMDs Control Center, there is no VSync option, Ambient Occlsion, AA Gamma Correction, Pre-rendering frames-settingm LOD option, or textrue filtering option.

I went through a HUD glitch that amounted pixelated boxes on the screen everytime I turned. They were all black, and if I toggled the zoom key the cursor animation would wipe away some of the black boxes.

Now I can't do that but the boxes are now more clearer than before. They aren't pitch black but the colour of the surroundings. It's like a fliiping flip-cartoon glitch! What am I doing wrong?

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:22 AM

been playing it, still having issues with brefiengs though, they are inaudible and really washed out.

#23 Lotuc

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

Do you guys know if any of the Mechs we know from this game will find their way into MWO someday?

#24 SunderODeath

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:07 PM

Has anyone ever considered trying to run this through a glide wrapper like nglide or dgvoodoo. I don't have time to fiddle around with it because of school. But I know people have had success running tachyon at 1080p all options enabled. Might be worth a shot.

#25 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

Anyone get it working on Windows 10?

#26 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostApocalypticoreo, on 02 April 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Anyone get it working on Windows 10?

I don't know about windows 10, but I have gotten it to work on both windows 8 and 7 PCs by using a frame rate limiter, so I don't see why that wouldn't work for that operating system too.

I'm using the NVGA control thingy that's on steam, just limit your frame rate to 30fps and the game runs pretty smoothly, although for some reason I am having problems re-mapping the controls.

#27 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

Hi guys, can you help me? It is not not a big deal but anyway, do you know if there is a compatibility between IS and Clan LRMs and Artemis IV FCS, is it possible to mix them? And do you know if multiple LRM launchers in 1 Mech section needs only 1 Artemis IV FCS or each LRM launcher needs own? For example if i add 2 LRM 20 in left arm is it necessary to add also 2 Artemis IV FCS? Thanks.

#28 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

If you need help getting MW3 to run, register at the MW3 Community forum. We have a whole subforum dedicated to getting the game to work.

http://mechwarriorsu...d/24/mech3-help

#29 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:12 AM

Yes!!! Fixed a ton of issues this morning...

Here's how I fixed Bouncing APCs/JJ issues/Multiplayer text bug/etc and got MW3 running in HD.

Thanks to a recent thread here coupled with many other threads I have read, I have found what fixed the Bouncing APCs bug and the multiplayer text bug for me. Here you go. I hope it helps out. This game is now running in HD on my main gaming computer.
Using Voodoo2 fixed some issues for me here too.

My steps:

1) Install the High Res Patch https://www.vogons.o...f7ad2836616a9b7

2) Install CPU Grabber or another program that limits your frames to 30 FPS

3) Install dgVoodoo2 5.1 http://dege.freeweb....gVoodoo2_51.zip

3.1) While running Voodoo, under Glide and Direct X turn Force VSync on.

3.2) Under both Glide and Direct X tabs turn your resolution up to 1920x1000. If you can't Jump Jet freely or you Shoot to the Moon after stepping off a hill, try a different resolution.

This Bouncing APCs/Mechs/Shoot to the Moon bug was the WORST next to the acid trip bug I used to receive. Now I can see the in game text during multiplayer too. Thanks to numerous people and numerous threads, when put all together, helped me fix this issue.

https://youtu.be/MOxWMkVFSoE

Edited by Stone Wall, 29 August 2016 - 03:31 AM.

#30 Metallica danger

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

ok, i have windows 10 on my computer. i cannot get the graphics to work... last time i tried opening mw3 it says that the program cant open and windows will notify me when there is a fix. I reinstalled it and that worked for a few days until it stopped opening again. does anybody know how to get it to open? i have already tried the compatibility troubleshooter. If there are any windows 98 emulators that you have found it would be great to get a link!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users