#181 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

View PostSoy, on 14 March 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

What I'm saying is that armor isn't the issue because you shouldn't be taking a lance on frontally. If it's ilke that, and snowballing against you, this is a hard mech to 'brute force' carry through. Your best would be to fade back kite spread and pick apart. You see what I'm saying? It's plausible to do a can-opener vanguard in a pinch, take out a guy and core another in a 10 sec blaze of glory... but a structure buff won't change that.

Oh I agree, my 10 ERML Nova doesn't want structure boosts so much as it wants accel and laser duration quirks, but if the devs don't want the Nova to be that sort of mech, it is probably going to want armor/structure buffs. For example, if they want it to be more like the S from TT and the duties it performs it needs more protection plain and simple (it was a medium-short push mech), it has the firepower potential it just needs the protection to back it up.

#182 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

If they don't want it to be a ninja mech I shed a single tear. Snipertart pinpoint med for Clans should be...... Scat...........! :)

#183 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

How about a compromise of one variant's legs getting ninja accel/decel quirks and a different pair of legs getting internal structure for toughness?

Then maybe give one other variant a small speed boost on the legs and I dunno what to do with the fourth variant.

Edited by FupDup, 14 March 2015 - 09:45 PM.

#184 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 14 March 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

How about a compromise of one variant getting ninja accel/decel quirks and a different pair of legs getting internal structure for toughness?

Then maybe give one other variant a small speed boost on the legs and I dunno what to do with the fourth variant.

Ideally this is how clan quirks would be handled in general, but you never know with PGI.

Would add another element when playing Mr Potatohead, that's for sure.

It also worries me we havn't gotten a quirk preview yet...

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 14 March 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#185 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 14 March 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

Ideally this is how clan quirks would be handled in general, but you never know with PGI.

Yeah, we can't always have nice things. In my own little perverted fantasy world I would start by giving each Clan Omni a tier rating and THEN assigning a tier to each of its individual Omnipods.

For example, a Loki might probably be Tier 1 in general, but the non-Prime left torsos and the heads that don't have a laser would probably be lower than T1.

Or, a Gargoyle's Prime arms would be all the way down at tier 5 underhive level, but the arms with 4-6 lasers wouldn't get very many quirks because they're already the best choices. Etc...

#186 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 14 March 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

It also worries me we havn't gotten a quirk preview yet...

Coming Monday....well I guess a day is still something.

#187 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 14 March 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

Coming Monday....well I guess a day is still something.

But that's so looooong from now...

#188 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

How about a compromise of one variant getting ninja accel/decel quirks and a different pair of legs getting internal structure for toughness?

Ok, that sounds interesting, why not.

Just worried like Quick just said tho, I mean just look at dem SMN quirks atm. xD I mean that **** is so fail, I'd rather the SMN didn't have any quirks at all. It just looks lazy as ****. Do it right or not at all I say. It's as if SMN quirks were the last memo of a long meeting at 4:55pm on a Friday...

Edited by Soy, 14 March 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#189 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

If I were a conspiracy believer, I would imagine they are probably just afraid we will lambast the Clan quirks like we did for the last pass of quirks. Then again, a lot of those quirks were really bad.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 14 March 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#190 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostSoy, on 14 March 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

What I'm saying is that armor isn't the issue because you shouldn't be taking a lance on frontally. If it's ilke that, and snowballing against you, this is a hard mech to 'brute force' carry through. Your best would be to fade back kite spread and pick apart. You see what I'm saying? It's plausible to do a can-opener vanguard in a pinch, take out a guy and core another in a 10 sec blaze of glory... but a structure buff won't change that.

I get what you're saying, and I'm cool with the idea of the Nova getting some Accel/Deaccel boosts.

I still think Armor or Intertnal structure is needed for the Nova, the mech is simply too wide.

I can play my 55 ton Sparky or my 50 ton Enforcer 4R.

I can load them up with identical (energy) builds.

Simply by having both a shield side, and being significantly smaller - the Enforcer consistently performs better.

The mech isn't made of magic, it's not even that amazing of a mech, but it's pretty clear that the size of the mech in this case makes a huge difference in playability.

I'm not doing more damage in it because it has better firepower, it's simply the ability to live longer and keep all your needed parts in shape.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 14 March 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#191 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 14 March 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

If I were a conspiracy believer, I would imagine they are probably just afraid we will lambast the Clan quirks like we did for the last pass of quirks. Then again, a lot of those quirks were really bad.

It's well deserved though.

Even an open dialog would be better than "the man behind the curtain" kind of deal.

How about a compromise of one variant's legs getting ninja accel/decel quirks and a different pair of legs getting internal structure for toughness?

The 4th variant would get a JJ heat reduction quirk.

However, simple ideas are Lostech, as you know.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users