"rush" Game Mode

10 replies to this topic

#1 HavocReign

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone played Battlefield's Rush game mode?

The objectives are gated, the defenders spawn from a safe area behind the objectives.

Perhaps in MWO, the attackers have to hold a certain location until an "air strike" (or whatever) takes it out. If they hold it long enough, that objective is destroyed, and the spawn moves back to the next "gate" with another objective to destroy, with the attackers now spawning at the point they just captured and defenders spawning at a new point further back from the new objectives.

In Rush, there are two objectives on each "level", that can still spread out the battle and require tactical choices. Both have to be destroyed for the attackers to advance.

Anyway, just one idea to change things up while also preventing spawn camping. This mode would require longer, "narrower" maps, but wouldn't require gates or the like (necessarily).

Obviously in BF there are more spawns available...I'm not asking for more spawns, maybe just fewer "levels" or objectives.

What are your thoughts? Is a CW game mode like this feasible for long term implementation in MWO?

#2 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

Sounds pretty much like Hellebore, really. Minus the moving spawn points, but functionally much the same.

And longer, narrower maps aren't really that great IMO. Longer, maybe. Narrower... Just to check, have you ever had to receive a Clan Heavy Omni Charge on Hellebore? It ain't that pretty.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not against the idea per se, especially in PUGalandia. Replacing the existing game mode with something like this may inject a freshness to the PUG game.

Edited by Lynx7725, 09 March 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

Rush game mode is CW.....no difference at all...except in MWO the attackers seem to be winning a very large portion of the time now.

And besides, CW has like 6 objectives and it usually ends in a joke of a game. Something about it just isnt that fun.

Either you steamroll, or you get steamrolled.....

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 09 March 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#4 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

it is and it isn't it would be great if after the attackers take the Giant gun then there is a new objective that opens up like lets say some type of communications base then finally after that the main base. but that requires the map to be bigger so it opens up more avenues. thats how rush is cw is just one real objective then zzz :/

#5 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 09 March 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

it is and it isn't it would be great if after the attackers take the Giant gun then there is a new objective that opens up like lets say some type of communications base then finally after that the main base. but that requires the map to be bigger so it opens up more avenues. thats how rush is cw is just one real objective then zzz :/

Or, Or!!!!

They could make 1 big ass map, open it up, and place all the objectives on it, make one big fight over a massive 6kmx6km map, utilizing every inch of the map real estate for the objectives, and everything. And I dont mean just making 3 pathways to 3 different objectives, no, I mean make a nice big ass open map with rolling hills, bases and the like, similar to Alpine, place the various objectives and thier side objectives and let the attackers fight for it and the defense defend it.

I think it would likely just be 1 big death ball around the map all the same, but who knows, maybe people would split off into small groups and fight in many spots at once....

idk why games alwaysfeel the need to funnel 30 players down 1 100m tunnel, then place the objectives in a tunnel fashion...Hellbore layout is the worst....1st gen is just sitting in a small hole, other gen is just behind it somewhere, and the other is on the other side....

Why are CW maps all laid out like a dropship crash site and not like an organized base?

#6 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 09 March 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Or, Or!!!!

They could make 1 big ass map, open it up, and place all the objectives on it, make one big fight over a massive 6kmx6km map, utilizing every inch of the map real estate for the objectives, and everything. And I dont mean just making 3 pathways to 3 different objectives, no, I mean make a nice big ass open map with rolling hills, bases and the like, similar to Alpine, place the various objectives and thier side objectives and let the attackers fight for it and the defense defend it.

I think it would likely just be 1 big death ball around the map all the same, but who knows, maybe people would split off into small groups and fight in many spots at once....

idk why games alwaysfeel the need to funnel 30 players down 1 100m tunnel, then place the objectives in a tunnel fashion...Hellbore layout is the worst....1st gen is just sitting in a small hole, other gen is just behind it somewhere, and the other is on the other side....

Why are CW maps all laid out like a dropship crash site and not like an organized base?

well i mean the area shoulda been big from new spot to new spot of course the more it opens up the more area is uncovered and bigger map to cover. except the old objective since it can be a new dropzone I mean the idea you are saying would be great too as a seperate type of mode within cw lol that way more variety ;x can be the new counter attack or counter defense or something lol. but we all know devs cant and wont do something so great ;x

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 09 March 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

well i mean the area shoulda been big from new spot to new spot of course the more it opens up the more area is uncovered and bigger map to cover. except the old objective since it can be a new dropzone I mean the idea you are saying would be great too as a seperate type of mode within cw lol that way more variety ;x can be the new counter attack or counter defense or something lol. but we all know devs cant and wont do something so great ;x

My mode should be CW.......

Not just tunnel battles towards 1 gun and a few gens.

We have 12 mechs, 4 spawns each, the maps should be the size of Mechwarrior 4 mektek mod maps......objectives with 5000m between them, in the middle is a city, the Orbital gun is in it on a slightly raised mountain, around it is its support buildings. Then, on the western end of the map is the city hall, the attackers are destroying it, on the eastern end is a power facility and its supporting buildings. Then, scattered throughout the city is various targets of opportunity, like little ammo dumps, armor manufacturing, and the more you get as the attackers, the bigger the payout and the better benefits you get in the later battles. Like destroy ammo dumps means the guys set to defend the planet get less ammo resupplied after each fight.

Ofc, in my mind, each battle over hte planet is a multi stage, many fight type of deal.....1 massive fight, leads to another massive fight, to another until you finally have legit taken the planet. Not 15 orbital defense gun maps and you have the planet...

#8 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

I like the idea of new game modes for variety. Just a question of where it fits in within the playerbase. What will it add, and what could it take away, and where from what, etc.

But yeah I like the idea, assault rush with limited number of consumable UAV and arty and modified weapon consumables, maybe some things we only see in that game type, if appropriate.

Maybe it has a forced limit on builds, like "Champion Class" builds that would be more balanced and less min/max meta.

We definitely need more features though, this sounds like an idea.

#9 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 09 March 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

Rush game mode is CW.....no difference at all...except in MWO the attackers seem to be winning a very large portion of the time now.

And besides, CW has like 6 objectives and it usually ends in a joke of a game. Something about it just isnt that fun.

Either you steamroll, or you get steamrolled.....

That's because all you have to do is shoot.

Imagine if BFBC/BF3 Rush all you had to do was shoot the terminal with bullets.

#10 Tipid

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationI am not sure.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

Enemy Territory: MechWarrior

Edited by Tipid, 09 March 2015 - 11:01 PM.

#11 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:00 AM

Did someone say Rush?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users